Black Hawk Cabin Rental Photos and Description
Solid Log Cabin on 1-Acre Property (3BR/1BA)
**Update Sept 2013: FYI the flooding everyone saw on the news was 2 hours away from the cabin - it had zero affect on the cabin thank goodness!** You are looking at one of the best-kept secrets in Colorado! Just 5 miles from Blackhawk and Central City. It is a must to read my guest book below and hear all the amazing things previous guests have said about their stay.
Solid Log Cabin with all the amenities:
- Surrounded by National Forest, VERY Private and quiet (you could walk around naked all day and nobody would ever know!)
- Gushing Mountain Stream next to Cabin - great for your morning coffee or evening happy hour!
- 20-foot tall vaulted ceilings
- Fully Remodeled Kitchen and Bath in 2013
- 1-acre of land and No neighbors.
- Free Wifi & Internet Access!
- Awesome indoor/outdoor sound system!
- Camfire Ring, Tree Hammock, & Patio Next to Stream! Gold Panning is also on-site!
- On property elaborate treasure hunt!
- A secret 1/2 mile long trail beginning behind the cabin for cabin guests only to enjoy!
- Beautiful Master Loft overlooking entire Cabin! Plus one extra bedroom, and a kids treehouse loft bedroom. The treehouse loft is mostly meant for kids, but its a cool place to hang out in too. Includes a twin bed, and Directv & DVD player.
- Property is located about 1 hour from Denver and it is very easy to get to.
4-wheelers can be rented and delivered to the cabin for approx. $100/day if desired. Information is also at the cabin for local dining, casinos, guided fishing tours, grocery stores, hiking and jeep trails, etc. You can 4-wheel/ATV right off the property and into endless amounts of trails leading all the way to the Continental Divide, Winter Park, St. Mary's Glacier, and everywhere in between. The house sits in a beautiful valley surrounded by thick national forest. I also provide a Topographical Map of the area around the cabin showing all of the Jeep and Hiking Trails available, right in the cabin's backyard! Golden Gate National Park is also only 15 minutes away. Plus...your own private 1/2 mile long hiking trail right outside the front door.
As long as there isn't snow on the ground, a fantastic elaborate Treasure Hunt exists on the property awaits you...and I encourage all ages to do it. Its not easy, and kids will need help from their parents to figure out the clues, but its a TON of fun. I spent over a month and $500 in materials putting it together...you'll love it! And if you figure it out...there will be a buried treasure chest for you to find at the end...
Roads are plowed and maintained by the City of Blackhawk all the way to the cabin. 2-wheel drive accessible year round. Complimentary Hot Chocolate, Spiced Cider and Coffee are provided. Kitchen condiments, Firewood, Wood Stove Pellets are also provided. Easy check-in. A 4-digit access code will give you access for the length of your stay.
- children welcome
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- pets considered
- non smoking only
I purchased the property in 2002. It was never listed publicly... a friend was selling it. I had NO idea what I was going to do with it...I just knew it was so special I couldn't let it go or I would always regret it :-)
This place was like a childhood dream come true for me. Everything about it...is...perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. My wife is a real estate agent, and she's been looking in the mountains for years for another property like it for us to buy in addition, and we just can't find anything like this one. Its so special in that it has the river, ultimate privacy, the true 'log' home feel, big open feel, no neighbors, the private hiking trail, surrounded by national forest, etc. Its not hard to find most of those...but getting all of them in 1 property without spending $1M is not easy.
This Cabin is a labor of love for me and my family. We constantly upgrade it without hesitation. Because we use it so much ourselves...its so worth it spending $ to make it better. I've had families that have stayed here every year for the last 7 years, and its really fun upgrading it for them too so there is always something new to enjoy :)