|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
This is a large lakefront house which accommodates multiple families. It has been a part of numerous family gatherings from the U.S. and abroad, creating fond memories and renewing old acquaintances. The home sleeps 12 comfortably in beds and has accommodated up to 22 with the use of air mattresses (bring your own!)
The first floor has the following:
1. large screened/window wrap around porch with seating area and ping pong table.
2. fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, pantry and washer/dryer.
3. dining room with 9' trestle table.
4. large living room with pool table and fireplace, 2 couches, TV with vcr/dvd player.
5. sun room with beautiful view of Lake Erie, couch, 2 lazy boy chairs and tv with vcr.
6. half bath (what can you say about a half bath??).
The second floor has the following:
1. 4 spacious bedrooms (three with views of the lake); extra large master bedroom features a queen size canopy bed, TV and sitting area; three bedrooms with double beds.
2. Full bathroom with shower/tub.
The third floor has the following:
1. 2 bedrooms; one large bedroom with double bed and room for air mattresses; and one large lake view bedroom with double bed and room for air mattresses.
2. 1 full bathroom with antique claw foot tub/shower.
1. detached 2 car garage with driveway.
2. off street parking for 4 cars.
3. an empty lot for up to 8 cars.
Outside recreation area:
1. large yard for the kids to play in, picnic table, propane grill, swing.
2. dry river bed for frisbee, catch etc..., portable fire pit for night gatherings.
3. extra lot next to lake; gazebo with chairs, table and swing; and room for party tents (reunions, large parties).
Cedar Point is only 10 minutes away and the Lake Erie Islands can be viewed from the gazebo. Boat dockage is only 100 yards from the house. Visit the Lake Erie Islands, winerys, go charter fishing, rent a boat or jet ski, golf, eat at the many quality resaurants, swim at beautiful Nickelplate beach or Huron park.
Completely furnished, fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, linens & towels provided, washer and dryer, cable TV & VCR/DVD, grill, wrap around porch, fireplace, fax machine, pool table, lawn chairs, gazebo and tequila bar.
Lake Erie Islands
African Safari Wildlife Park
Shopping-Sandusky Mall & Lake Erie Arts&Crafts
My family, consisting of 12 adults and 5 children, rented the Buster Brown Shoe House for a weekend to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday. The house looks as depicted in the photographs online and was spacious enough for all of us to enjoy time together as well as find space to enjoy moments of quiet apart. The house was very clean and was well stocked with extra towels and linens. There were also two air mattresses on the property that we used. We enjoyed eating meals together, sitting around the fireplace, playing pool, and playing ping pong in the heated wrap around porch. We did not venture outside as it was the middle of winter but the view of the lake from the back sun room was gorgeous. I can imagine that in the warmer months, it is even more beautiful. The 6 rooms were all spacious and well appointed (there are 4 bedrooms on the second level and 2 bedrooms on the 3rd level). The radiator heaters kept the bedrooms warm at night. Water pressure in the bathrooms was excellent. Water temperature varied for some of the guests on the 2nd level bathroom but I believe this was due to the dishwasher running at the same time.
The kitchen was well stocked with kitchen items and it worked out fine, but it was small given the large size of the rest of the house; only a few people could be in there at a time. The house also sits on a very narrow street, with other properties directly across the street, which isn't immediately clear in the photographs. Despite this, there was plenty of parking space for all of our vehicles. 2 cars fit in the garage, 2 in the driveway, and 2 along the street.
Patrons with small children should bring a few baby gates to keep young children off of steep steps inside. The only thing I would change about the living room steps, is to add an additional rail along the wall to assist coming down the steps, particularly while carrying small children or for guests of advanced age.
Dave, the owner, was a gracious host and very easy to work with. He attended to and fixed a jammed porch door in a very timely fashion and was staying in a property close by and available by cell phone.
I would certainly stay at this home again at any time of the year. The rate was excellent in the off season.
Great house for a long weekend. The kitchen is fully loaded with items for cooking. Plenty of firewood for the fireplace. Dave was very easy to work with and responded quickly. We saw 6 eagles in a tree down the shoreline to the West.
To be an older house, the owner has done a great job updating it and keeping it clean. We had 12 adults and plenty of room. You don't need to bring anything extra he has it all. I'm trying to find one complaint; we baked cookies and the cookie sheet was not large enough. Oh dear.....that's it. Very friendly owner, great experience. Thank you.
This house is beautiful and has so much character! My family stayed here for a birthday celebration and we had a great time. The view of the lake is amazing! I would definitely recommend this house as a great Ohio getaway.
The one difference this year, was the new living room and porch furniture. Other than that, the rave reviews I have posted before are the same. Our family enjoys the time together especially being able to eat together. We set up the extra table and could all enjoy meals and fellowship. The park is nearby, the yard is grand, and the sunsets simply spectacular. Year number 4 is set for next year!
Our family of 19 stayed here for a week and everything came as advertised. The house is very clean and well kept. We have stayed in old houses before but this house is by far the best. Plenty of parking for everyone. It was nice to spend the day at Cedar Point and Put-In-Bay and have a short drive back "home." The days we spent at the house were truly relaxing. Dave the owner is very friendly and was around just enough for good conversation and Huron advice. The large lakefront yard and wrap around porch got plenty of use. Rye Beach park was just a short walk and was great place for the kids to play and fish. Can't think of any negatives. Hopefully we'll be back soon.
Easter week has gone unbooked so far, so we would like to offer some specials!
- April 2nd to the 5th can be booked at $300/night for 3 nights (usually $400).
- Or, probably the best special we have ever offered, April 2nd to the 10th (8 nights) can be reserved for only $1,600. That's a $1,000 discount, so we aren't just blowing smoke when we say 'jump on this offer' - it really will go fast!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 22 - Sep 10
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
For weekly rentals, $400 is required to secure a reservation. $200 serves a security deposit in case of damages etc...after an inspection, this $200 will be returned to tenant. $150 serves as payment for the cleaning fee and the other $50 will be subtracted from the balance due.
Cancellation must be within 60 days of scheduled arrival for money to be refunded. Money Orders Or Cashier's Checks Only. Deposits and payments should be made out to David Ritter and sent to 23 Rye Beach Road Huron, OH 44839
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.