|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
JUST ADDED: WI-FI INTERNET SERVICE!
Enjoy a pampered restorative island getaway without spending your weekend waiting in ferry lines! Whether a winter retreat (Scrabble and reading, making cozy dinners) or summer cookouts and late nights looking at stars on the deck, this place has it all! Less than 2 hours from Seattle, this new home on drive-on Harstene Island will feel like you've 'left it all behind.'
Our nickname for this custom-built private retreat is “the Treehouse,” because in addition to panoramic views of sparkling Peale Passage and uninhabited Squaxin Island, mature Douglas Firs, Madronas and Alders surround the home with lush greenery. Abundant fir-trimmed windows flood the rooms with natural light and provide views of Puget Sound and forest from every room. A large wrap-around deck and hammock close to the water are great outdoor spaces for listening to birds, gathering together, or enjoying solitude. For those who enjoy wildlife, you may be treated to deer, seals, bald eagles, osprey, great blue herons, and a large variety of water and shore birds.
Other features of this stunning home and surrounding 1+ acre land include:
• Unobstructed west-facing views of sunsets; at night, moonlight on the water and a sky full of stars
• Gourmet kitchen with new stainless steel appliances
• 4 + bedrooms and 2 ¼ baths
• A Jotul cast iron gas stove in the living room for warmth and ambiance
• A “playroom” upstairs
• Oak floors throughout
• Stocked with classic board games and enjoyable reads for children and adults alike (High chair and Pack-n-Play also available in basement storage)
The house was designed to be a romantic getaway as well as a place for family or two-couple gatherings. The layout is as follows:
Open floor plan includes kitchen, dining room, and living room (with cathedral ceiling) and two bedrooms (1 Queen bed with attached ¾ bath and 2 twin beds with adjacent full bathroom). Both bedrooms have water views and French doors opening up to the deck.
Walk into a light-filled reading loft with comfortable down-filled sofa (and views of the sound!), & flexible bedroom options (1 King bed in an ample room featuring a skylight), 1 large TV room with queen air mattress option & powder room) and 1 kid-sized playroom with 1 twin bed and 1 mattress on floor).
Amenities close by include:
• Two State Parks with walking trails to the beach (one features old growth forest and a beach full of live sand dollars and shellfish; the other a marina and picnic areas)
• Harstine Island farmer’s market on Saturdays from 10-12 (Memorial day through September)
• Olympic Bakery and Deli (a must-stop treat on your way to or from the island, featuring NW wines and wine tasting, fresh pies, and the best ice cream we’ve ever had)
• Nearby towns of Allyn and Shelton offer restaurants, grocery shopping, bookstores, and many other amenities (including kayak rental and Kenny’s Chainsaw School of Carving for those up to exploring a new talent)
Keywords: Waterfront Retreat, Puget Sound views
The owners are two Seattle families.
The Owner purchased this house in 2007
Our dream was to build a nearby waterfront island getaway that provided easy access (waiting in ferry lines is not fun with a toddler!). Hartstine Island is all that we had hoped for and more.
Amenities close by include: • Two State Parks with walking trails to the water (one features old growth forest and a beach full of live sand dollars and shellfish; the other a marina and picnic areas) • Harstene Island farmer’s market on Saturdays from 10-12 (Memorial day through September) • Olympic Bakery and Deli (a must-stop treat on your way to or from the island, featuring NW wines and wine tasting, fresh pies, and the best ice cream we’ve ever had) • Nearby towns of Allyn and Shelton offer restaurants, grocery shopping, bookstores, and many other amenities (including kayak rental and Kenny’s Chainsaw School of Carving for those up to exploring a new talent).
We had an amazing weekend. The weather on Saturday was magnificent - it is hard to believe it is only mid-March. Andy enjoyed a long bike ride while I read, soaked up some sun, and took pictures. We also got to enjoy a Husky basketball victory while taking in some local culture at the Spencer Lake Bar. It was just the get-away we needed. It is so relaxing to be in such a beautiful setting with no responsibilities. Thank you!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 7 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
Major holidays are subject to special rates and minimum stays. Please email owner for an exact quote.
Travelers are encouraged to pay using Pay Pal or personal checks. Deposit is due to confirm and hold a reservation. Rent is due 7 days prior to arrival.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.