Experience an intimate relationship with the beauty and magic of Hatteras Island, the gem of the outerbanks.
Aloha is Hawaiian for welcome, farewell and love. The owners, whose children grew up in the Hawaiian Islands when stationed there with the military, want you to fall in love with Hatteras Island/the ‘other islands’ of the outer banks. ALOHA HATTERAS is your passport and its deck is truly one of those “close your eyes and think of a favorite, peaceful place” kind of settings; and the view is dynamic with no neighbors in your field of view: watch the Great Egret or Blue Herons feed to the sound of song bird music and fish jumping in the morning, striking sunsets over Pamlico sound in the evening, and undiminished stars from the deck’s 6 person hot tub at night. Forget your car and walk to the beach for that early morning stroll, the midday sun, and the evening tides. Windsurfers, kite boarders, and families with small children will love the privacy of the readily available, protected, shallow sandy beaches of Pamlico Sound. For those who prefer a BEACHSIDE POOL or that last shower after that last trip to the beach after checkout, enjoy the owner’s exclusive gold membership at Klub Koru (new in 2012). Fishermen also get free access to Hatteras Island's only fishing pier; (they also rent equipment). Klub Koru also includes access to the Island’s only private gymn, fitness classes, morning yoga at the beach, beach parking, and spa and salon services. Sports lovers or movie watchers/gamers on that infrequent rainy day will appreciate the 55 inch LCD 1080p TV with surround sound.
Bedrooms on the first floor with 2 baths: 2 of the bedrooms have fantastic views of unrestricted panoramic views of Askin’s Creek and Pamlico Sound. (We do not provide linens and towels. However, you can rent them nearby.)
Kitchen: well equipped with pots/pans, dishes, glasses, cups, knives/cutting boards, mixer, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, and many more.
The ground level has ample concrete parking, outside shower, charcoal grill, carport, and path to the kayak/launch area.
The 1st floor has four bedrooms and two baths with shaded deck and fantastic views off two bedrooms.
Living room: ALOHA HATTERAS’ large upper level great room with tall cathedral ceilings has unrestricted panoramic views of Askin’s Creek and Pamlico Sound, lots of glass, screened in porch--'postcard' views of Hatteras Island's quiet side.
* $200 to reserve your week
* Klub Koru GOLD with oceanfront beach club resort amenities are included with rental. In addition to the incredibly beautiful and unique beachfront pool setting, Klub Koru Gold also includes access to the Island’s only private gymn, fitness classes, morning yoga at the beach, beach parking, beach club showers, gymn showers that include a towel [great for a final shower after that final day at the beach after checkout]; spa and salon services are also available [google Klub Koru] (swimming pool open -- approximately 20 MAY to mid-SEP)
*Free pass to Avon Fishing Pier included
*Best grocery shopping on the island is 3min away; key for cooking in [we have found that even the best planned dinner involves at least two trips to the Food Lion...big difference between being around the corner vs 25min away in Hatteras, Rodanthe/Salvo]
*Aloha Hatteras is now MANAGED by the OWNERs. No extra administration fees or cleaning fees. This is a $100-200 savings over the (often hidden) administrative costs of renting through a management company.
*Sorry - but No Smoking
The Outer Banks and the National Seashore offer a fascinating combination of natural and cultural resources, and provide a wide variety of recreational opportunities:
* The uncrowded, pristine beach (voted best on the coast) is perfect for families.
* Want to explore? Take the free ferry from Hatteras Village to Ocracoke Island, home of the infamous pirate, Blackbeard; also a small arts community
*Visit the Wright Brothers Memorial and Museum and the Dunes at Jockey's Ridge State Park (50 miles north).
* Fisherman can choose surfcasting, inlet fishing, ocean fishing at Avon Pier, sound fishing (think giant salt water lake), or sport fishing offshore for flounder, drum, blues, mackerel, tuna, and more.
* Discover multiple intimate restaurants with the Outer Banks own brand of beach hospitality rarely seen in vacation destinations. Fresh seafood; Avon, alone, has two shops.
* Surfers can take advantage of the location central to the Outer Banks hottest surf spots including Hatteras Light House, S-Turns, and Frisco Pier.
* Windsurfers, Kiteboarders, and Kayakers can access the warm, shallow waters of Pamlico Sound with just short walk. World famous Canadian Hole Haul-over day use area and Kite Point are less than a half mile south.
Keywords: Beach, Waterfront, creekfront, canalfront, Sunset views, windsurfer, kite, Soundfront, birdlovers, fishermen, beachfront pool membership, free pass to Avon Fishing Pier