Accommodations & Surroundings:
This rental apartment is located at Tamarindo Estates - a small, intimate resort which contains only 12 simple, comfortable, and non-luxurious rentals in the midst of a large division of virgin and undeveloped 60 acre estate. While Tamarindo Estates is nicely secluded, it is an easy 5-minute drive from town. This rental apartment has an air-conditioned bedroom. For those who enjoy natural air, the cottage also has ceiling fans and is screened. The rental apartment is receded to the back from the beach and sits high on a hill, thus allowing very nice ocean views from higher up.
AREA ATTRACTIONS: * Home to Culebra's National Wildlife Reserve under the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
* Culebra is home to the endangered Leatherback Turtle and many breeding seabirds.
* Several pristine, unspoiled beaches around the island.
* Many exciting sites around Culebra for scuba divers.
* Culebra is a secluded paradise largely untouched by development.
*Culebra is home to Flamenco, rated one of America's top 10 beaches.
* Good variety of restaurants and grocery stores.
* Easy access via San Juan and Fajardo, PR
* Daily flights and ferry crossing from mainland Puerto Rico.
TRANSPORTATION TO CULEBRA ISLAND: : The easiest way to reach Culebra is via San Juan, Puerto Rico. The flight from New York to San Juan takes 3 1/2 hours; from Miami to San Juan it's 1 1/2 hours. San Juan International Airport (SJU) is served from the U.S. Mainland by Jet Blue, Delta, US Airways, Continental, Northwest, Spirit Air, American Airlines, and United. From the rest of the world, San Juan (SJU) Airport is served by Air Canada Vacations, Canadian Airlines, British Airways, Lufthansa's partner Condor, Copa Airlines, and LACSA-Group Taca.
Culebra has daily flights arriving from San Juan Isla Grande Airport (SIG) on Vieques Air Link (787-722-3736) and Air Flamenco (787-724-6464). Passenger ferry boats are available from Fajardo, a sea port on the east shore of Puerto Rico. For the taxi drive between San Juan and Fajardo you should allow between 1 1/2 and three hours, depending on traffic.
AMENITIES: * For your privacy and tranquility, there are only 12 apartments in the Tamarindo property where this rental unit is located.
* On-site Resident Manager, day and night.
* Air-conditioned bedroom.
* 1,800 feet of beachfront.
* Roofed veranda with ocean view.
* A beach-house for taking shade while on the beach, and restroom facilities.
* Swimming pool with an ocean view roofed deck.
* Easy walk-in snorkeling just off our beach in pristine waters.
* Located on Culebra's unique Marine Reserve.
* Rental unit is located in secluded neighborhood, yet only a 5 minute drive to town.
* For the more adventurous, exciting kayaking across one mile to the Luis Peña Cay.