Austin Estate Rental Photos and Description
House 5 Bedrooms, 5 Full Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom, Sleeps 10
This spectacular modern retreat in the heart of Austin is the ideal destination for family and friends to explore downtown, Formula 1, Austin City Limits, South-by-southwest, or simply to enjoy the resort-like pool and grounds.
This modern masterpiece by a well-known New York architect has been featured in magazines and nominated for architectural honors. The 5,500 square foot house features 5 large bedrooms with King or Queen beds and attached bathrooms with dramatic showers and/or tubs.
The large saltwater infinity pool is available year-round and ideal for swimming laps or family swimming. The house comfortably sleeps 10 people and also features multiple living areas, two media rooms, an office, and a full laundry room. Indoor and outdoor dining areas each seat 12 or more guests. If you choose to bring kids, there is a large flat yard, basketball hoop, as well as toys and activities for children of all ages.
The house is extremely private and secure. The small street was recently secured by the secret service for a presidential visit.
The 5,500 square foot estate on 1.3 private wooded acres is located in the exclusive community of West Lake Hills in the center of Austin.
Your hosts will make sure that every stay is a wonderful experience!
- Just 5 miles to downtown, it's easy to get downtown in minutes without highways or traffic
- Less than 25 minutes to the airport or to the Formula 1 (Formula One, F1) Circuit of the Americas race track
- Less than 5 miles to the Austin City Limits festival grounds
- Major shopping and dining just 2 minutes away
- Enormous Master bedroom with California King bed and private deck attached to master bath with large soaking tub and walk-in shower
- Large 2nd Master bedroom with California King bed attached to bathroom with large walk-in shower
- Large 3rd bedroom with queen bed and attached bath with tub and shower
- Large 4th bedroom with queen bed and attached shared bathroom with tub and shower
- Large 5th bedroom with queen bed and attached shared bathroom with tub and shower
- Fully-equipped chef's kitchen with large 48' refrigerator and freezer, Viking gas cook top, two ovens, microwave, and two dishwashers
- Two media rooms with large TVs, Cable TV, and DVD
- Living room that seats 30-40 for special events
- Playroom stocked with kids toys, blocks, and Lego
- Two offices
- Two car Garage
- Covered outdoor dining area with ceiling fans
- Large salt water lap pool with infinity edge (not heated)
- Whole house music system: play your music from your iPod or iPhone anywhere in the house
- WIFI High Speed Internet Access
- Laundry room and supplies
- 2 adult bicycles and multiple kids bicycles for your use (let us know and we will prepare them)
FRIENDLY RENTAL TERMS
- $89 Insurance fee means no security deposit
- All taxes and cleaning fees included!
- Attractive payment deposit and cancellation terms
- Pay by credit card without any additional fees
- Simple, straightforward rental agreement
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS!
- Events Allowed
- non smoking only
- Low Allergen Environment
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
Guestbook comments from the owner
Everything was wonderful! You have a beautiful home and the neighborhood was a retreat from the craziness of SXSW.
We especially enjoyed the music system and the living area. I got stuck among the bookshelves more than once, a nice collection. It was fun to see the deer that hang out in the cool trees (oak maybe). The concierge service you recommended was great as well, she did a nice job stocking our fridge so we didn't have to think about it. Thank you!
Jessica & Paul
Jessica & Paul built this modern home in 2010 to create a design-focused resort-like escape in the heart of Austin. We personally make sure that every renter has a truly amazing stay. Contact us if you have any questions!
It all started with an amazing piece of land -- a 1+ acre flat lot in the heart of Austin, TX. Working with prominent New York architects, we designed a comfortable modern house that is tranquil during the day and perfect for entertaining in the evenings. There is a big yard for kids to play and a infinity-edge salt water pool. We love eating outside most of the year on the covered patio or pool-side dining table. The house is amazingly peaceful and private -- even with large groups.
While many people think of Texas as flat, the dramatic Texas Hill Country begins just West of downtown. We built our house in these first heavily wooded limestone hills, nearly 500 feet above downtown and only minutes from the center of the action. The hills and towering oak trees provide a dramatic natural backdrop for glass-filled modern house. We designed the house and pool around the trees and natural environment, making it a perfect place for indoor-outdoor living and entertaining.