Mountain cabins located on the Rocky Broad River in WNC, near Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. Located on stocked trout river, with Rainbow, Brook and Brown trout stocked weekly by the state hatchery. Both 1 and 2 bedroom, a/c, fully equipped kitchen, cable TV, deck on river. 2 bedroom Applehouse has fireplace and sunroom on river. Multiple cabins available for larger groups. It is a delight to sit on the deck of the cabins and enjoy the river. Attractions such as Chimney Rock Park, Lake Lure and The Biltmore House nearby. Activities including golf, boating, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, rock climbing, hiking.
Recent guest comments ' The cabin is so beautiful and well maintained and you've kept to it's age and character. The enclosed porch/sunroom is beautiful! .. Being right on the river...'
and 'The cabins were outstanding! We were comfortable and the location was close to many things' Been coming for over 10 years Restful and relaxing you can't beat the location
Amenities: Beautiful mountain river, Cable TV, Air Conditioning, Modern fully equipped kitchen, Microwave, Deck overlooking the river, Charcoal Grill. The Appehouse is equipped with central heat and a/c system for the summer, and a delightful fireplace in the winter. You'll enjoy the view from the sun room in The Applehouse.
Activities: A full family day at Chimney Rock Park. Drive up or hike up. A great family hiking day can be had here. You can go tubing and swimming right on our river. Downriver past the Lake Lure dam you can rent tubes and canoes to navigate that section of the river. The local Lake Lure golf course is pretty basic, but it is a great place to be able to take the kids to accompany you. There are other regulation courses in Hendersonville and Asheville as well.
See our video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLZd9O7-cw
Area: The cabins are located about 15 miles from Asheville, Hendersonville and Black. 3 miles from Lake Lure and 2 miles from Chimney Rock. 10 miles from the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Centrally located for convenience to many areas.
Ken and Sheila Pyle. We have owned cabins in the area for 25 years. We both worked for AT&T for over 35 years each, and are now retired.
We love the Chimney Rock/ Lake Lure/Bat Cave area. Great folks in the area, which is relaxed and beautiful. We are centrally located to enjoy a variety of activities
Jill Lockhart, who lives in Bat Cave near the cabin, manages our property and is there locally to insure you have a delightful experience at The River View Cabins.
Easty access to the river. Fish, tube and play in the river, right at your back door.
We are in the Western North Carolina mountains near both Lake Lure and Chimney Rock Park.
We are also within 15 miles of Hendersonville, Asheville and Black Mountain, as well as within reasonable driving distance to several white water rafting rvers.
There is easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway. At the cabins there is fishing, tubing, swimming. Within a few miles of the cabin there is canoeing, horseback riding, antique and craft stores.
Other Activities: canoeing, rock climbing
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
|Discounts: 6 nights or more: $725 Nightly|
|$150 deposit toconfirm reservation and balance 1 month in advance of stay|
|Fees And Taxes||
cleaning fee of $60 per visit
tax rate of 5% local and 6.75% state, total 11.75%
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.