Good rate, Bad stay
My husband and I stayed in this condo the weekend of March 1st. It attracted us because of the cheap rate, large space, and location. However, you get what you pay for. I'll start with the positives:
+ Cheaper than most other units in the area
+ Large space (separate bedroom, 1 full bath and 1 half). Plenty of space in the bathrooms for pack n plays if you are traveling with little ones.
- Property was NOT 10 min. walking distance to the nice boardwalk area. More like 30 mins at a brisk pace. We were disappointed by the false advertising.
- No clear instructions...when we arrived the guy who was supposed to meet us didn't come. Instead he left the key with a housekeeper who couldn't speak English. Plus, we had to wait awhile to locate her. There were also no check out instructions or Wifi code given until we requested. Overall, it felt a little unorganized.
- Property was not well stocked. Only one hand soap for the whole unit (kitchen + 2 bathrooms), only 1 beach towel provided, bed + linens felt cheap. It was FAR from luxurious.
- They nickel and dime you. $10 per day for parking (which was ok for us), but then they charged us $18 from our security deposit because they said we broke their coffee pot. It was definitely not broken when we left...we placed it on the top rack of the dishwasher in fine condition. When we refuted their claim, they didn't care and still charged us the money.
- There's really no view of the beach.
- The photos of the property are not entirely accurate. It's as if they pieced together photos from a couple of different units.
Overall, if staying in Hollywood again I would much rather pay a little bit more to be closer to the boardwalk and have better service. I would definitely NOT recommend staying here.
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?