Tahoe Donner House Rental Photos and Description
House, 4 Bedrooms + Den, 4.5 Baths, (Sleeps 9-13)
Falcon's Nest is perched atop the woods in the serene Hillside district of Tahoe Donner. Set back in a private forest setting, this luxury cabin is tastefully appointed and decorated by its most recent celebrity owner...and it shows!
With a spacious and family-friendly floor plan, the layout ensures privacy and practicality. The split (3) level has sleeping quarters upstairs with the living space, kitchen, entertaining deck and one of two master suites on the ground floor. The Game Room (Basement) is a cool retreat for kids and entertainers and doubles as a 5th bedroom with its full bath and pullout sofa.
4 Bedroom, 4.5 bath. Sleeps 9 (Dual master) in beds and one pullout couch downstairs. Additional bedding (air mattresses can accomodate an additional 4 people)
Upper Wing (Top floor, level 3)
The upper sleeping quarters are set above the hubub of the main living quarters to provide for peace and quiet while the party cruises into the later hours. Enjoy solitude and comfort. Central heating provides warmth and efficiency. Since the house is 3 years new, everything is tight, efficient and warm. No freezing old-school cabin here!
1. Upper Master Bed Room features brand new Cal King pillow top dream mattress, Down Duvet/Comforter hanging closet, beautiful rod iron and wood bed/night stands, private bath with radiant heat floors and slate rock floor, permanent tartan wool rug and window treatments.
2. Jack n Jill Guest Bedroom features plushly appointed oversized twin beds with heavy down bedding, hanging closet with built in drawers, permanent tartan wool rug and window treatments.
3. Mother's Guest Bedroom features high queen bed with elegant fabrics, hanging closet, permanent tartan wool rug and window treatments.
4. Guest Bath features eclectic stone and colored glass work, tub, shower and stone vanity, slate rock floor.
5. Reading Room: Overlooking the living room and kitchen, and enjoying the perch above the panoramic forest view this quiet corner is a place to read and relax. The loveseat couch folds out to a very comfortable premium mattress pad.
Main Floor (Street level entry, level 2)
1. Mud room: Entering in from the garage you have a special place to de-boot and come home. Furnished with a modern high-efficiency front-loading washer and dryer duo as well as a utility sink.
2. The only powder room: (the only half-bath) single toilet with eclectic stone and glass work. Appointed with a very rich slate rock tile floor and travertine vanity. Very art deco.
3. Living room: features Sharp LCD High Definition HDTV television complete with HDTV DirecTVservice featuring DVR. Blu Ray player with Netflix and Pandora included too! Lots of board and card games in the bar along with glasses for wine. Plush appointments include down seating areas with wool and chambray slip-cover swivel chaises.
4. WiFi or plug in internet connection is high speed via DSL connection. iPhone/iPod docking station/charger/cradle/alarm clock in kitchen, Huge rear view cedar wood deck overlooks Mountain bike trail and forest. Brand new 3 part stainless steel bbq (with side burners, gas hookup, and rotisserie...high temperature model)
5. Ground floor Master Bath features barkwood canopy Eastern King bed (basically its wider than a cal king, but slightly shorter), Sharp LCD flat screen television with Directv High Def service. High ceilings, wool plaid rug and drapes set the scene for a rustic backdrop. Master bath features a Jacuzzi brand jetted tub, separately enclosed shower, and walk in closet for two. Private toilet room also. Floors are travertine marble with radiant heated floors.
Game Room (Basement, level 1)
Check our photos for this entertainers delight! Fall into our plush sectional leather sofa and kick up your heels to a home theater with surround sound. Flip on a dvd or play a game on our Wii entertainment system that comes stocked with a library of games including a full Rockband set.
Recently added in Fall of 2013 is a brand new American Heritage full size slate pool table (see pictures) to heat up the competition.
Step outside to the backyard forest and get lost on a hike or bike ride.
***PETS NOT ALLOWED***
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
About Owner/Property Manager
I am a busy executive who loves to get out of the Bay area for a little rest and relaxation.
We love the peace and quiet in Tahoe Donner along with the miles of trails, swimming and convenience of the pools, workout facilities, equestrian center and definitely our HOA-owned beach and marina at Donner Lake.
My wife and I fell in love with this place that was previously owned by a wildly-successful and famous internet tycoon.
Though it is our second home, we hope that this wonderful cabin/house will be yours too. We looked at over 50 properties from Tahoe City, Old Greenwood, Sunnyside, and all around Lake Donner and were fortunate to strike a deal here.
Owner/Property Manager purchased this house in 2009
Why Owner/Property Manager chose Tahoe Donner
The privacy is incredible at this place. Stars come out at night. Lavishly appointed home by a very tasteful owner, spared NO expense. The split level floor plan offers 3 levels and provides for exceptional privacy.
What makes this house unique
Serenity, oozing luxury and cabin-like feel. Modern conveniences like radiant heated floors and top of the line appliances make this home a step up from a typical 20 year old cabin.
Guestbook comments from the manager
My husband and I stayed at this home to kick off our summer vacation. Our 3 year old enjoyed the extra space to run around and the house is very kid friendly. Our infant took naps in the provided pack n play in one of the master bedrooms and the cool breezes and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
The house has a cabin-like charm, with the modern conveniences of a newer home. The setting was very private, like our own little sanctuary from the concrete jungle we live in.
I would recommend this property highly to any friend and plan to come back again in the winter.