Las Terrenas Villa Rental Photos and Description
Villa, 4 Bedrooms + Bunk Area, 5 Baths, (Sleeps 8-9)
In the Cap Bonita gated community, a group of 13 houses and 40 lots at Punta Bonita, twenty minutes by car from Las Terrenas, in the North coast of the Samaná Peninsula in the Dominican Republic. House, gazebo, servants quarter, pool. Total: 600.36 square meters (1,980.6 square feet). The property has a total of 4,765.29 square meters (15,725.8 square feet). The beach front is 54 meters (178 feet).
- Local taxi flights from Santo Domingo, Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. It is located 30 minutes by car from the house.
- Catey International. Twenty minutes by car from the house. Direct flights to El Catey Airport of Jet Blue from New York. Also Air Canada, Westjet, Carjet and Air Transat offer flights from Montreal and Toronto to El Catey Airport.
- Santo Domingo International. One hour forty five minutes by car in a modern private toll road.
- Punta Cana. Local taxi flights to Portillo. Four hours from the house by car.
- Walking within the gated community one reaches, in three minutes from the house, the Coson Beach that has quiet waters. Punta Bonita beach in front of the house has small waves.
The house is within a gated community with full time watchman and has its own watchman. All bedrooms with air condition. Wi-Fi, also safes in room. The house is managed by a professional French owned company. No history of theft or violence in the community or the house. We are eco friendly. It cannot be seen, but on the roof there are solar panels and we even sell solar energy to the Las Terrenas grid. Right behind Caracola there is a second house which can take up to 10 persons. The renting of both houses simultaneously would increase the capacity to 18 persons which will stay most of the time at Caracola and only would sleep in 'Villa Amigo'.
Keywords: Beach House
- smoking allowed
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
About The Owner
A Dominican couple. He is an economist and historian author of more than 40 books and is a former Dominican Ambassador to the White House. She is a well-known Dominican poet. The house is decorated with local art and local antiquities.
The Owner purchased this villa in 2010
Why The Owner chose Las Terrenas
It is the best beach in the Dominican Republic in a quiet gated community and yet there are restaurants nearby. The new toll road from Santo Domingo makes it only 2 1/2 hours from Santo Domingo and 2 hours from the International Airport of Santo Domingo (AILA). Although all bedrooms have air conditioned there is the option to shut the air off and enjoy the sea breeze since the windows have mosquito netting. The house has emergency electric plant and ample water tank. In the town of Las Terrenas, 20 minutes by car there are great supermarkets and fresh fish and also night life. Helicopter ambulance service available.
What makes this villa unique
The house is managed by the staff of Las Ballenas hotel which is nearby. The sound of the ocean and the sea breeze, together with the coconut trees in front of the house provide a soothing atmosphere. All 4 bedrooms air conditioned. Fans in living and eating area. Bath and beach towels. Wooden lounge chairs with mats. Plastic beach chairs and private garden hammocks. Gazebo. Private swimming pool. Emergency electric generator. Water reservoir.