Buckhead Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cottage, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 6-8)
For a relaxing get away in the beautiful lake surroundings, this private retreat offers something special - a timber frame house on Lake Oconee with charming floor plan, open staircase to loft master bedroom/master bath with vaulted wood-beamed ceilings, and lake views from loft, great room, and deck. As we and many others have found, this is a great place to enjoy family, friends, and peace and quite.
Property includes 150 feet of shoreline on a quaint cove just a few paddles from the main lake, providing serenity and easy access to the deep waters. The water at the dock is 4-5 feet deep, accommodating any-sized boat allowed on the lake.
Lake Oconee is in Georgia's lake country, on I-20, about 50 miles east of Atlanta and west of Augusta. For an idea of cottage location on the lake, you can map Sugar Creek Marina, which is a stones throw away: 353 Parks Mill Road Buckhead, Georgia 30625.
The cottage has three (3) bedrooms [two having a queen bed and one having a large double-sized bed], and a pullout couch in family room, for sleeping a maximum of eight (8). The backyard and neighborhood are also conducive to tenting outside.
- Beginning summer 2013, with the installation of the common-areas tile flooring, we will allow pets with a fee.
- If you are interested in boarding your pet nearby, instead, we've heard good things about the Harmony Pet Resort (www.harmonypetresort.com). You could check your pet out for a day of boating, etc., and back in after the outing before returning to the lake house. The boarder is in a cute little shopping village (http://www.vharmonycrossing.com/).
- Cable TV, DVD/VHS, Wi-Fi, Fireplace (wood), Fully equipped kitchen (dishes, cooking utensils, dishwasher, etc.), Washer/Dryer, Linens and towels, A/C, etc.
- Over 100 feet of lake shoreline in quaint cove (connects to large cove connected to the main lake; perfect for peacefulness, privacy, kayaking, canoeing).
- Dock (accommodates all boats)
- Rudementary old fishing gear (live bait at Sugar Creek Marina)
- Campfire pit
- Lawn and woods for tenting - small hiking trail to private bridge over stream in the woods.
- Foreman electric grill - for use outside or inside, on pedistal or without, on counter.
- Charcoal grill
- Gas grill - likely works with new gas tank; a previous guest may have left a tank in recent visits, but bring own to be safe, though still no guarantee that works.
- Sugar Creek Marina (2 blocks away - groceries, fishing gear, gas, fishing tournaments, etc.)
- Public boat launch at end of street (includes picnic tables and parking ($3/day or park car at cottage)
- Boat rental (+tow options including waterskiing, tubing)
- Personal watercraft rental (jet skiing, wave runners - enquire for list of rental companies)
- Movie theater (8 screens) with upstairs bar/restaurant and many neighboring restaurants
- Groceries at nearby Sugar Creek Marina (more at Publix grocery store ~10 minutes away)
- Restaurants (various, from southern mom & pop to Mexican to hibachi/sushi to seafood to steakhouse)
- Golf (numerous award-winning public, semi-private, and private courses)
- Tennis (public courts or rent pass from local courts)
- Shopping: (antiques, boutiques, spas, etc.)
- Kayaking (bring your own or rent)
- Swimming/Beaches (in lake or, possibly, day pass to local pools - will provide contact info)
- Biking (bring your own or rent)
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fishing (off private dock at cottage; in area such as at park at public boat launch at end of street; tours/excursions)
- Hunting (local gun clubs/ranges and tours)
- Antiquing (historic Madison, Eatonton, Greenville)
- Hiking/Walking/Jogging (long peaceful streets and many public parks around the lake)
- Horseback riding
- All-terrain vehicle and off-road truck rentals
[Also available for long-term lease]
Keywords: Cottage, Cabin, Lakehouse, lake, home, house, country, Oconee, Sinclair, Georgia, Atlanta, Augusta, Athens, Eatonton, Greensboro, Greensborough, Milledgeville, Madison, Buckhead, Dock, Fish, Boat, Ski, ATV, Horse back riding, Reynold's Plantation, Ritz, Publix, Sugar Creek Marina
- children welcome
- smoking allowed
- pets considered
About Mick Murray
We purchased the property in 2007 and have enjoyed it a lot since, as a family and with friends, and many guests have done the same.
Mick Murray purchased this cottage in 2007
Why Mick Murray chose Buckhead
The location in a cover of the lake allows lake living (views, boat access to 'main' lake, etc.) with more peace and quiet then being right on the main lake. Guests also enjoy not having to worry about the lake (river aspect) currents when it comes to swimming/wading, and having their boats docked without bumping around.
What makes this cottage unique
While there are nice neighbors around, they visit their places rarely for the most part, save for a family having their home nearby. The house is in a hilly terrain with many trees, so there is a mountain-retreat feel, at the water. Privacy is very high for sunbathing or just relaxing inside, on the deck, in the yard, or on the dock. The Marina being across the lake is easily accessible by boat or car over the Parks Mill bridge, for groceries, fuel, and gear. The cove that the house is on is calm, which is ideal for docking and heading out in motor boats, and for canoeing and kayaking. Also, the Sugar Creek public boat ramp is within a half mile, for very convenient launching, and there are grassy areas, picnic tables, and restrooms, there, on the main lake, right across from the Marina.