Dakota Bear Lodge is nestled in the beautiful and peaceful town of Sweden. With 70 private acres overlooking a vast forest and the spectacular view of New Hampshire’s White Mountains. Yet Bridgton Maine is only 10 minutes away and Conway New Hampshire only 20 miles. Dakota Bear Lodge offers guests all the amenities of a luxury Log Home and the beauty of being in a remote and private setting. You will feel like you are in heaven as you take a relaxing break from the hectic pace of everyday life. Enjoy the Exterior Logs and Post and Beam Timber Joinery that is the structure of the house, along with the stone fireplace and pine walls as you look out over 100’s of miles of forest and mountains. This is the perfect spot for two families to vacation together. The Lodge was designed for extended family vacations. The Lodge is not available for weddings, parties or events on any kind. Located in the most beautiful part of Maine, the Western Maine Lakes and Mountain Region, you will never run out of activities. Weather you come to ski, hike, snowmobile, 4-wheel, golf, boating, fishing, relaxing in Nature or shopping you will enjoy your time here with family and friends. This home is the perfect blend of scenic mountain views, with an endless forest to roam. You will feel like you are in the middle of nature but only 10 minutes from local restaurants, shopping, and movies.
Built by Maine Log Craftsman, this post and beam masterpiece is professionally designed and has just the right mix of Luxury and Logs to give it Lodge the total Maine feeling. This luxury Log Lodge features 180 degree views of the New Hampshire’s White Mountains for 100 miles. The amenities include two Master Suites with Large walk in closets, large private baths off each master with Jacuzzi tubs and large showers. First Floor master has its own covered porch with walk out sliding door. Basement Master also has a glass door to walk onto the back patio area. The second floor loft area has two oversized bedroom’s with Large Walk-In closets, Two custom made sets of built in dresser drawers, and a queen and full bed in each guest room. The bunk room has two sets of custom made log bunk beds along with a sleeper sofa and a regular size sofa.
This amazing NEW Post and Beam home with Log Exteriors is the perfect blend of Luxury with Nature, to give our guests the true Maine feeling. This Luxury Log home is perfect for family getaways or family destination reunions or a ski holiday.
Here are a few of the features you will enjoy when you stay at Dakota Bear Lodge.
• Two Master Suits with Private Baths and large Walk-in Closets. Each Private Bath has a Jacuzzi tub and large tile shower, along with large vanities and makeup mirror.
• All Bedrooms have Walk –In Closets and are very privately separated from any other bedroom in the home.
• Gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, walk-In pantry, Chalk board on door of pantry. Five burner high BTU gas stove and plenty of Pots, Pans and Kitchen Gadgets to keep any chef busy.
• Very private and secluded with a 1200 ft. driveway off a very private dirt road it is tucked into the woods with little to no traffic. From all the rooms in the house you have views of the White Mountains in New Hampshire for over 100 miles
• Steam Sauna with Hot Rocks to accommodate up to 5-6 people at one time.
• Basement Movie Area, Game Room with Ping Pong table, Kitchenette, Full Size Refrigerator and Sliding Glass doors to enter the Back yard Patio Area complete with Fire Pit.
• Large Field stone Fireplace in the Living Room, and Large Wood burning stove in the basement to keep everybody toasty warm in the Winter Time.
• Great Room Living Area featuring Vaulted Ceiling with Timbers and Logs, and Large Fieldstone Fireplace.
• 800 SF Deck with over half of the deck covered. Patio Table, Seating Areas, and Large B-B-Q. Outdoor speakers for your favorite music as you enjoy sitting and relaxing in the beauty of nature.
• Enjoy 70 acres of privacy. Plus all the land that joins the property for adventures in hiking, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling. Enjoy the babbling brooks, Large Pine Trees, Wild Flowers and the many animals.
Western Maine is a four-season playground just waiting for you! Golfing in Maine is set amidst tall pines and against the backdrop of the White Mountains at Lake Kezar Country Club and Bridgton Highlands Country Club. Our hiking trails offer majestic views and our lakes offer pristine swimming. Enjoy shopping at the many antique emporiums, art galleries and local craft shops or dining at our fabulous restaurants. Around every turn, there are quiet side roads inviting long walks & scenic Adventure Cycling. Boating abounds on Sebago, Highland, Kezar and Long Lakes, or canoe and kayak the Saco River. Take to the slopes for fabulous downhill skiing at Shawnee Peak, Sunday River or Cranmore Mountain, and snowshoe or cross-country ski at groomed touring centers or on our regional trails. Explore the Oxford Hills & Bethal areas too! Museums & theaters dot our landscape and our summer & winter festivals shouldn’t be missed. Dakota Bear Lodge will host family vacations, reunions, parties and business conferences.