Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d'oeuvres and wine, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey, tickets for a tasting at Scheid Winery in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is at your disposal to assist you during your stay.
We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes, slippers and over-sized towels, and beach gear.
The second story comprises the main living space in this residence enabling distant horizon views of the sparkling blue Pacific over the treetops from the living and dining rooms. A bank of skylights along the apex of the high, beamed ceilings bathes the living room, dining room and kitchen in soft coastal light. The spacious living room -- with its hardwood floors, area rugs, fashionable gray-and-white striped chairs, taupe high-backed sofa, off-white easy chair and round whitewashed wood coffee table, offers an inviting setting for cocktails and conversation as you gaze over the tree tops and watch the sun dip behind the blue Pacific.
Later, as the evening cools, you may want to light a fire in the large white marble fireplace and curl up with a book, perhaps in the additional easy chair and ottoman tucked in a quiet corner at the far end of the room. A virtual wall of glass has sliding doors that open to a deck overlooking the front yard.
White saloon doors open from the living room to the modern kitchen with its white tile counter tops and sleek contemporary wooden cabinetry. Stand at the sink and look out through a large peaked window to the trees beyond. Whether you prefer to dine simply or prepare more elaborate gourmet meals, everything you need is provided, from top-of-the-line appliances to cookware and dishes. Entertain up to 10 in the dining room at a rectangular distressed-wood table ornamented with hurricane lamp candelabra. Relax with your morning coffee at a window seat that looks through a similar large peaked window to the ocean. There is also a wet bar, a whitewashed wood buffet and a floor-to-ceiling built-in wooden storage cabinet.
Alternatively, you can prepare meals on a gas grill and dine outdoors on a private deck with a round wooden table and chairs for four while you enjoy the carefully tended garden with its colorful potted plants, flowering shrubs and a collection of wall-mounted birdhouses.
The master bedroom, which has sliding glass doors that open to a patio and side yard planted with shrubs and flowers, has a queen bed fitted with luxury linens and a beige coverlet, rattan lamps, distressed wood end tables, a dresser, a free-standing full-length mirror and a flat-screen TV. A large walk-in closet offers lots of built-in storage cabinets. The master bath is tiled in beige and has a porcelain soaking tub and a separate large shower.
A second smaller bedroom also has sliding glass doors opening to the patio, a wrought-iron queen bed with an embroidered beige linen coverlet, a whitewashed wood end table and a wrought-iron lamp. A full bathroom down the hall is tiled in white with a decorative checkerboard black and white tile strip and features a glass-enclosed shower.
Relax, play games or watch movies in the downstairs family room with a beige couch a brown leather chair, an overstuffed chair, a glass coffee table and a 44-inch flat screen HDTV over the gas fireplace. There is also a desk if you are on a working vacation and a stainless steel sink and small refrigerator for entertaining.
A third bedroom has a queen bed with Mission-style headboard and chest of drawers. White shuttered doors in the family room and bedroom open to sliding glass doors leading to a front patio where you can enjoy a morning cup of coffee at a small wooden table and chair. A full bath with white tile has a tub shower. Adjacent is a laundry room with washer/dryer and built-in ironing board.
Parking is in the driveway.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* There are areas on the Monterey Peninsula that require a 7 night minimum stay. Please call our office for more details if you need less than a week.
* 10.5% County transient occupancy tax applicable to base rental fees.
* $1000 refundable security deposit is required and returned within 7 days after departure if there are no offsets due to damage. This is in addition to the insurance charge and the requirement to have a credit card on file as security against damages.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $300 for 1-4 guests, $350 5-6 guests including infants and children.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 6 guests, including infants and children. NO MORE THAN 7 GUESTS ALLOWED (7 adults maximum).
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* Accidental Loss and Damage insurance $89 instead of security deposit (coverage through HomeAway/CSA Insurance covers up to $5,000 - ask for copy of policy terms for complete coverage details).
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a two story residence.
* Ask about Last-Minute Specials!! Save $75 to $100 per night depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval.