The house is all about the seashore, with a soothing palette of delicate sea-foam greens and blues with pristine white trim, and décor that draws upon the beach for its inspiration. The front door opens to a sunny enclosed porch that leads to the more formal living room with a modern stylish sage-green leather sofa, whitewashed wood and marble coffee and end tables and charming marine art. The adjacent dining room features a marble-tile-faced fireplace that can be lit with candles for atmosphere, a wooden buffet with marble top, a Colonial pewter chandelier and a washed driftwood farmhouse table with benches that can seat up to 10.
A remodeled efficient kitchen has everything you need to prepare wonderful gourmet meals, including a stainless steel gas range and oven, large refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, counters topped in beige marble and lots of small appliances. The kitchen looks out to a spacious family room where everyone will undoubtedly want to gather for fun and games. It is furnished with a comfy white slip-covered sofa, a brown rattan table and chairs that can seat up to six, occasional chairs, a coffee table and a 55-inch TV for those cozy evenings when you want to curl up with some popcorn and watch a movie.
Around the corner from the family room at the base of a staircase that leads to the second story is a wall-papered nook that contains a wrought-iron day bed, topped with a quilted paisley coverlet, that can sleep one.
A panoramic vista over rooftops to the deep blue waters of the bay awaits those who stay in the second-floor master bedroom, which is appointed with a king bed that can be made into 2 twins with luxury linens and an aqua-marine blue and beige quilted coverlet with a starfish, seashell and coral motif. You will want to throw open the windows to let in the fresh ocean breezes, make yourself comfortable at the small table and chairs and gaze out at the view as you sip your morning coffee or tea. Other amenities include off-white distressed-wood end tables with celadon blue ceramic lamps, a dresser, a double closet and a flat screen TV. The master bathroom, with its white bead board walls and mocha-colored tiles has a bathtub and a separate shower with a seashell-themed shower curtain.
A bright and cheery second master bedroom on the ground floor, with crisp white beadboard wainscoting and sunny yellow walls, has antiqued cabinets on either side of the bed with metal starfish lamps, a brown wicker chair, a flat-screen TV, an antique wooden dresser with black marble top and a cheerful blue and turquoise floral quilted coverlet and top-quality linens on a king bed. A wrought-iron trundle can become two single beds for children. A pristine bathroom with white bead board walls and a sparkling new free-standing sink with wooden cabinet, has a tub/shower. A wood-framed glass door leads to an enclosed deck with a round glass table and chairs and a barbecue.
A third smaller bedroom with soft blue-gray walls has a quilted blue-gray and white coverlet and luxury linens on a king bed. Just beyond is a laundry room with a farmhouse sink and cabinet and a washer/dryer. A bathroom which includes a separate water closet and Bath/Shower also has a free-standing sink with wood cabinet that allows it to be accessed when the water closet and shower/bath is in use.
A circular staircase off the family room leads downstairs to yet another bedroom with a king bed that can be made into 2 twins with a soft celadon and yellow paisley quilted coverlet, round distressed wood end tables and delightful carved and painted wooden pelican lamps.
This spectacular house is located just a block above the commercial district so you'll be able to walk to the many home-grown shops and restaurants that have given Pacific Grove its reputation as a sought-after destination. A few more minutes by foot and you can be at Lover's Point Park, a rocky promontory that extends out into the bay, and a recreational trail that extends for miles along the shoreline.
Parking is on the street, but two cars can be parked in a driveway if necessary. The garage is not available.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* Not Available for Month Long Rental 6/1 thru 8/31
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $275 to $350 depending on number of guests.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with the owner of the rental and paying for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on 5-10 guests, including children & infants. If size of the group is 4 guests or LESS , DEDUCT $50 per night or $200 per week from the above rates.This applies to Holidays and special events.
* A maximum of 9 adults or 8 adults and 2 children
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* Loss and Damage Waiver $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect).
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 2 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs. The 4th bedroom located downstairs has a spiral stair case that is not suitable
for small children and the elderly
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval unless it is a Last Minute Special.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 to $100 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.