Beds for 10 in this beautiful and spacious 3 BR + loft, 2 full bath house on 1.5 acres off of Ski Hill Road, between Driggs and Grand Targhee Resort. Great views of Grand Teton and surrounding mountain ranges through huge picture windows, plenty of privacy, and peace and quiet. It is a 5 minute drive into town, where there is an excellent, modern grocery store, a fine wine shop, several outdoors shops and outfitters, and many other stores, as well as several very good restaurants. It is 9.7 miles (about a 15 min. drive) up to the ski area, where there is fantastic downhill and nordic skiing, as well as a tubing hill.
Grand Targhee consistently gets more snowfall than any other ski area in Idaho, and has unbelievable powder skiing! Additionally, throughout the valley there are multiple opportunities for nordic skiing and snowshoeing in the winter.
When the snow melts, the trails are great for hiking and mountain biking, and there is fantastic outdoors music concerts and festivals. There is also fantastic fly-fishing in the area with 3 world-renowned rivers (S. Fork Snake, Henry's Fork, and Teton) and ~ 20 productive smaller streams within 40 minutes.
We are a 45 min drive over the pass to Jackson Hole, and an hour drive up to Yellowstone National Park. Many people say that the summers in the Teton Valley are even better than the winters--come see for yourself!
For details about skiing / snowboarding / nordic skiing during the winter and music festivals / mountain biking / hiking during the summer at Grand Targhee, check out Grand Targhee's website.
Amenities in the house include:
* Master BR with king size, Sleep By Numbers bed, huge walk-in closet, and large bathroom that includes oversized tub, shower, and double sinks.
* 2nd BR with king size bed
* 2nd full bath with shower / bathtub combo
* Large great room / den with incredible views through the many large picture windows!
* Dining area with dining table with leaves and chairs that can accommodate up to 10 people
* Huge, full kitchen with all appliances
* Full size washer and drier
* Loft area with TV / DVD, 70% sized game table (ping pong / air hockey / pool), and full size fold-out futon
* 3rd bedroom with 2 single beds and 1 queen size bed
* Anteroom with futon cushions that could potentially sleep 2 additional people (this would allow sleeping space for 12 total).
We have chosen to not have cable or satellite television, internet, or land line telephone, because we regard this house as an escape from everyday life and an opportunity to get 'off the grid.' If needed, there is great wireless telephone access at our house, with 4G data via both AT&T and Verizon, and perhaps others. We use our cell phones for communication, and in the rare event that we require internet, we use our cell phone as a hotspot via its 3G connection.
Please come check out our house, and one of our favorite places on Earth. And please let us know if you have any questions or need any recommendations during your stay. We want you to be thrilled with your stay in our house and your time in the Teton Valley!
Keywords: vacation house, vacation home, ski, fishing, private, acreage, great view, grand teton, hiking, biking, targhee, grand targhee, music festival, 2 car garage