No windows...no balcony...bad customer service...a less than good stay!!
Submitted: April 8, 2013
Stayed: March 2013
I was excited to stay in this condo with the proximity to the beach, the heated pool, and the good reviews but was thoroughly disappointed!! I'll give the pros and cons and you can decide for yourself.
1. Heated pool. Even though the weather was terrible, my 5-year old was still able to swim.
2. On a nice part of the beach. My daughter enjoyed collecting seashells.
1. The owner was very nice at the beginning but, when my Mom returned the keys, there was no "thank you", no "how was your stay?"; she literally grabbed the keys out of her hand and turned her back and walked away! I think one of her employees was embarrassed as he thanked my Mom.
2. There are NO windows to the outside...there are 2 windows that look into the dark hallway. You would have no idea if it were day or night. We definitely felt like we were staying in a cave. If there had been a balcony, we would've been ok with the window situation but there isn't one.
3. The supplies provided are minimal. I've stayed at a LOT of condos over the years and was disappointed. There wasn't enough toilet paper for our 4-day stay. There were no paper towels. There were no coffee mugs!
4. The layout of the kitchen area is really odd. The sink backs into the laundry machine. The only counter space is nowhere close to a sink. It just made absolutely no sense and was not user friendly.
I don't mean to sound bitter (I waited 2 weeks to write the review to mellow out about it so I've forgotten a lot of the other things that bothered me) but, for what you are paying, it isn't worth it, in my opinion.
On a positive note, Tybee is really a nice area and I would go there again!
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Owner's Response: Hello dear
I'm very sorry to hear that you and your family had a bad stay in our condo. I apologize to you for my employee's disrespectful manner to your mom when she returned her keys back to the Chu's. Unfortunately I was in Boston during that period of time when you visited in Tybee. But I will definitely talk to her and work things out. Our kitchen layout is a bit different But it looks exactly as the pictures shown on the website. I'm sorry if you did not like the location for the washer and dryer. I wish I could change it for better. You disappointed we do not have a balcony which I totally understand. It was my fault did not mention it to you when you were booking with me. I will make a note on my website to make it more clear to all other guests. We do provide a few starter toiletries such as travel size shampoo, conditioner, soap, small bottle of dish detergent, table wipe, and toilet paper for each bathroom, ect. We would love to bring you extra rolls of toilet paper if you would request. But we do not provide the above items for your entire stay. Hope you understand. Again, thank you so much for choose our beach condo for your vacation home. I will try my best to work things right. Please give us another chance to serve you better in the near future.
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?