|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Cottage at Captain's Watch is a fully restored early 1900s 2 bedroom cottage directly on the water and beach in Colonial Beach, Virginia. The cottage provides two bedrooms, the first with one queen bed and the second with two twin beds. All the amenities you will need are provided to enjoy a week or a long weekend in the beautiful Northern Neck of Virginia. Just bring your toothbrush and change of clothes. We provide everything else - linens, towels (bath and beach), inn quality bath soaps, shampoos and lotions, Our kitchenette is equipped with a 4 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender and 2 counter height refrigerators with separate freezer in one. All dinner, glassware and cooking utensils are provided as well. High speed Internet and satellite TV with HBO, Showtime, Sports Network and more.
We are located within a short walk (10 minutes or less) of many town amenities which include:
• Beautiful Thai/French restaurant on Monroe Bay (The Lighthouse);
• Gourmet grocery store and oyster bar (Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar );
• Coffee shop\cafe where all the locals hang out (Tattle Tales Cafe);
• Unique gourmet shop where cooking classes, breakfast lunch and dinner are sometimes served (Tides Inn Market);
• Chinese restaurant with take out (Hunan Diner);
• Beach front Tiki bar with a full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (The Black Pearl at High Tides);
• Fully equipped gym (River Gym);
• Catholic, Baptist, Methodist and Episcopal churches;
• Several antique shops and art galleries in town for your enjoyment (Jarret Thor Fine Arts).
• Two marinas with transient docking (Bayside Marina and The Boat House Marina).
Within a few minutes or a short drive are;
• Full service Marina with transient docking, full time mechanic and gas (Colonial Beach Yacht Center);
• A second outdoor tiki bar and full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (Blue Heron Pub and Dockside Restaurant) located on the Colonial Beach Yacht Center property;
• Street legal golf cart rentals are available in town (Beach Cart Rental);
• Pizza (Papa Johns, Dominos, Ledos);
• Cab service (Davis cab);
• Historical sites are a short drive away as well (Stratford Hall, Wakefield, Christ Church, Fredericksburg, VA);
• All of Washington D.C is about a 90 minute drive away.
The Cottage and the main house, “Captains Watch” share the same property.
There is NO SMOKING permitted on the property (house and yard) and no more than 4 guests are permitted on the property and/or cottage at amy time.
I was in the area six weeks for work. It was perfectly furnished for my stay and made being away from home for an extended time very enjoyable. The owners are very accommodating. Could not have had a better experience. Hope to visit again for pleasure. We will definitely look up this cottage.
My husband, I & our 6 mo old daughter stayed here for a long weekend in October. The cottage was very nice, accurately described (having a washing machine was awesome with the baby!). John was very helpful, but respectful of our privacy. The weather was perfect for strolling the streets and beach...a little too cold for the water tho! Overall, a wonderful long weekend!
This was a first for me to be at Colonial Beach, but now after staying at this cozy waterfront getaway I know that I will return. The cottage is just as it is on the site well decorated and cared for. How nice to have a washer and dryer! It was so awesome staying there...it was relaxing, peaceful, safe and being across the street from the water was so very nice. Great streets to walk, great little town to walk around. Friendly people, and even though I did not eat out I did order in and cooked. The owner was a very nice person and I look forward to being there again and getting to know him better. The overall experience was WONDERFUL! I always use VRBO when I travel and I've not been let down over the years. I will return to Colonial Beach and to this cottage. By the way the landscaping is gorgeous and the little porch is great for coffee and to just watch the world go by.
excellent place for vacation, highly recommended. will come back again. you won't find any better place for a relaxing getaway, trust me.
What you see is what you get. Clean, comfortable and cozy but still plenty of room. Well stocked right down to Starbucks coffee, sugar and creamer in the fridge. John was warm, friendly and full of info. Thanks for a great time!
The cottage is exactly as described! It is super comfortable, clean, and has everything you'd ever need. We stayed with our 2 year old son and the space was perfect. The beach across the street was awesome. We walked to the playground everyday. And enjoyed a BBQ dinner at home (in the cottage) every night. Coffee on the front porch every morning overlooking the river was another huge perk. Really a lovely place to stay!
Full service marina located in town about 1 mile from the cottage. Street legal Golf cart rentals are available in town.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 1 2015 - Sep 30 2015
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||$59|
|Cleaning||$50 + Tax|
|Notes||Payments 100% refundable when reservation canceled minimum of 30 days before check-in.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.