St. Augustine Villa Rental Photos and Description
Rent the FULL VILLA/(to 10) the UPPER-2-LEVELS/(to 6) or the LOWER LEVEL/(to 4)
*** This listing is for ALL 3 LEVELS of our home (which we call the VILLA AT KIRKSIDE). The full Villa has 5BR/4.5BA, and is suitable for up to 10 persons. If you have a smaller group of up to 6 persons, or an even smaller group of up to 4 persons, you may view our listings (including pricing, availability, and reviews) for just the 3BR/3.5BA upper-2-levels of the Villa (which we call the KIRKSIDE HOUSE) or just the 2BR/1BA lower level of the Villa (which we call the KIRKSIDE SUITE) by searching for those titles on this website. Either the KIRKSIDE HOUSE or the KIRKSIDE SUITE can be rented separately when the full VILLA AT KIRKSIDE is not rented. Please note, however, that the KIRKSIDE HOUSE and the KIRKSIDE SUITE are never rented simultaneously to two different groups of Guests.
*** PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THE 'INSTANT QUOTE' FUNCTION IS NOT ACCURATE, as it factors in neither our current discounts nor our price schedule, the latter of which guarantees a lower per night cost for each additional night booked up to 180 consecutive nights. See the notes in the 'Rental Rates' section, below, for more information -- or email/call us for an exact quote.
THE VILLA AT KIRKSIDE is located on the former Kirkside Estate of the late-19th/early-20th century railroad and oil tycoon, Henry Flagler. The original Flagler Mansion was demolished, and the Estate grounds subdivided into parcels for private homes in the early 1950s.
The Villa (4300 sq ft), which was built in 1955 and totally renovated/remodeled inside and out in 2006, is situated next to the magnificent Memorial Presbyterian Church that Flagler built in memory of his daughter -- which is recognized by CNN-travel as one of the '8 Religious Wonders to See in the U.S.' and by Budget Travel as one of the '12 Most Beautiful Churches in America.' We are also less than a block from the architecturally impressive Flagler College -- which was Flagler's famous Hotel Ponce de Leon, and is now recognized as one of the American Institute of Architects' top 100 buildings in Florida.
The Villa gardens rival the beautiful and comfortable interior, with flowers, citrus trees, and an expansive yard adding to the feel of a Mediterranean estate. The property was also featured in the December, 2011, St Augustine Garden Club Annual Tour of Homes, and selected as the Garden of the Month for October, 2012.
The neighborhood is picturesque and quiet, yet just a 5- to 10-minute walk to the center of St Augustine's charming historic/tourist district and inter-coastal waterway marina, and just a 10-minute drive to some of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
*** RENTAL RATE DISCOUNTS & SPECIALS ***
*** SPRING/SUMMER 2014: For the period March - August, 2014, we are offering rentals of the full Villa (all 3 levels, with 5BR/4.5BA and suitable for up to 10 Guests) at the prices listed in the Rates section below and discounted per our 'Up to 1/3 OFF Special' described there.
--- An additional Spring/Summer option is the rental of just the upper-2-levels of the Villa (with 3BR/3.5BA and suitable for up to 6 Guests) with a flat 25% OFF for any stay of 3-30 nights. PLEASE SEE THE 'KIRKSIDE HOUSE' LISTING ON THIS WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL PRICE AND AVAILABILITY DETAILS.
*** FOLLOWING ARE OUR STANDARD DISCOUNTS AND SPECIALS FOR THE FULL VILLA, WHICH ARE SUPERSEDED BY ANY SPECIALS NOTED ABOVE AND/OR IN THE RATES SECTION BELOW ***
- CONTACT US for unannounced specials/discounts, which may not be listed below.
- EARLY-BIRD SPECIALS - 10% OFF rent when booked 180+ days prior to check-in; 5% OFF rent when booked 90+ days prior to check-in.
- LAST-MINUTE SPECIALS - 10% OFF rent when booked 15 or fewer days prior to check-in; 5% OFF when booked 45 or fewer days prior to check-in.
- REPEAT GUEST DISCOUNT - 10% OFF (max total 15% OFF when combined with other specials).
- DISCOUNT LIMITATIONS: Due to our pricing schedule which provides Guests a lower per night rental rate for each additional night booked, unless otherwise advertised or approved by the Owner, discounts for stays of 30+ nights are limited to 15%, 45+ nights to 10%, 60+ nights to 5%, and stays of 75+ nights are not discounted. Stays of 90+ nights can be arranged on a case-by-case basis and may include additional discounts for longer stays. Stays longer than 6 months may be available with even greater savings, since they do not require payment of the 10% lodging tax.
BOOKING, ARRIVAL, DEPARTURE & FOLLOW-UP PROCESS (May Vary, Depending on Nature of Inquiry):
1. Guest sends Owner inquiry via email, phone or text. (Although we are happy to provide price quotes by phone or text, remaining steps of process require email communication.)
2. Owner responds to Guest inquiry with price quote, and includes a Rental Agreement template so Guest may review booking process, terms and conditions.
--- The quote includes the rent (with any applicable discounts), the booking fee, the cleaning fee, tax on the rent/booking fee/cleaning fee, the refundable/nontaxable security deposit, and the nonrefundable/nontaxable cost of the property damage insurance policy (the latter of which must be purchased separately by the Guest).
3. Guest confirms decision to begin booking process, and includes final dates, total number of persons in group, and number of dogs (if any, including weights).
4. Owner provides updated Rental Agreement, which includes Guest's dates, costs, payment schedule, etc.
5. Guest completes, signs, and returns Rental Agreement.
6. Owner sends deposit (or full payment, as appropriate) invoice email from online payment processing system.
--- Email includes link to secure website where payment transaction is executed with credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX) or eCheck (with bank routing and checking account numbers).
--- Due to lengthy delays in eCheck processing, deposit, final, or full payments made within 2 weeks of arrival must be made by credit card.
7. On confirmation of payment, Owner reserves Guest's dates and returns countersigned copy of Rental Agreement to Guest.
8. If initial payment was deposit, final payment invoice email is sent approximately 2 weeks prior to due date indicated in Rental Agreement. Guest executes final payment as with deposit. (This step does not apply if initial payment was full payment.)
9. Owner sends Guest arrival details (including Property Manager contact information), and instructions on the process for Guest purchase of the property damage insurance policy, approximately 2 weeks prior to Guest check-in.
10. Guest purchases property damage insurance policy with required level of coverage directly from insurance provider's website. Provider automatically sends Owner email confirmation of purchase. Guest failure to purchase the policy by the date required in the Agreement may delay or prevent Guest entry to property.
11. Property Manager (or Owner, as appropriate) meets Guest on arrival, or following day at the latest.
12. Property Manager (or Owner, as appropriate) responds to Guest questions/concerns during stay.
13. Guest shall report to the Owner and to the insurance provider any damage, additional cleaning requirements, or other issues covered by property damage insurance policy prior to departure. The policy will not apply to issues reported or discovered after Guest departure.
14. Owner refunds security deposit -- amount contingent on results of Property Manager and/or Owner post-departure walk-through.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets considered
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- wheelchair accessible
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for opening your home to us for a wonderful weekend away!! What a special retreat it is!! Amanda S. & Co.