Located near Brattleboro, VT Simons House is a beautifully handcrafted home set on 20 acres with attention to detail in every corner. Enjoy postcard views throughout the house and be sure to spend time on the two spectacular outside rooms, which allow the fun to spill over to the manicured grounds. It is a wonderful space for small group get-togethers, family gatherings or an intimate wedding of approximately 35 guests (BY PRIOR WRITTEN AGREEMENT ONLY). For parties needing to sleep more than twelve people please contact the owner.
*Additional house on property...see Listing # 3495441
The house itself is a cultural mosaic. The rooms are decorated with folk art and handicrafts from around the world with handmade oriental rugs on most of the floors. Enjoy all the comforts and modern conveniences of this country home that has been featured in Vermont Magazine.
Ample outside parking and a three car garage.
Caretaker available to greet you and orient you to the house and surroundings. He'll be happy to offer any information, to assure your stay is the best it can be.
Features that will enhance your stay:
Pass through the arched French doors of the dining room and down the bluestone steps onto the patio, which features a stone fireplace with six burner gas grill and granite work surface. The patio is framed by a privet hedge and an old style stone wall with lush flower gardens. A beautiful wisteria covered arbor will lead you from the patio to a stone walkway, flanked by gardens, that winds along to the front of the home.
Spend a cool evening on the patio enjoying the warmth and beauty of a roaring fire in the stone fireplace.
The seven-person spa on the deck provides the ultimate way to top off your day, offering unparalleled views of the Vermont sky. On a clear night the heavens light up. Catch a shooting star and gaze upon others so bright they seem close enough for you to reach out and touch. Access the hot tub from the staircase off the master bedroom balcony or directly from the sunroom.
Patio: Round teak table that seats four with umbrella and three additional bench seats
Deck: Teak porch swing and outdoor dining table that seats eight with umbrella
Welcome to where Vermont begins! Easily accessible from Boston and NYC, we invite you to leave the hustle behind and slow the pace down. Enjoy all the modern conveniences and comforts of home while immersing yourself in the beautiful surroundings, inside and out.
Simons House is located a few miles from Brattleboro where a diverse dining experience awaits. Restauranteurs offer everything from fine continental cuisine, family fare to fast food. If you are looking for Indian, sushi or other Asian dishes you will not be disappointed. Coffee aficionados will enjoy Mocha Joe’s, our local coffee roaster that offers a variety of coffee blends, teas and hot chocolate. The Brattleboro Food Coop located downtown is a complete natural foods market, bakery and deli.
Crumpin-Fox Golf Club a Robert Trent Jones course and Big Mountain Skiing (Mt.Snow, Stratton and Okemo) are all within reach. Fishing, canoeing and kayaking are also great seasonal activities, as are cross-country skiing, ice skating and snow shoeing. Biking (road or mountain) will add vigorous exercise to your sightseeing experience.
* Visit local artist studios, galleries, antique shops and sugar houses where pure maple syrup is made. Brattleboro, which was voted among America's top 100 artist communities, hosts Gallery Walk the first Friday evening of every month.
* Take a scenic drive highlighted by old covered-bridges and the white church steeples of yesteryear, babbling brooks and stone bottomed rivers with unmatched foliage colors in Autumn. During the summer months cool off with a dip at the Green River Village timber and stone dam by the covered bridge.
* A perfect way to experience the area’s natural beauty and local folklore is to reserve time to visit Madame Sherri’s Forest. Learn about this local legend from the Ziegfeld era and explore the grounds on footpaths leading to the castle ruins and around the very serene Indian Pond.
* The Brattleboro Area Farmers' Market is held Saturdays, May-Oct. Enjoy this folksy experience where area farmers, crafters and food vendors converge.
* An abundance of easy to moderate hiking is at hand. A climb to the top of nearby Mt. Wantastiquet is moderately difficult and will reward you with gorgeous panoramic views of Brattleboro and surrounds. Chesterfield Gorge with its waterfalls is another popular attraction that is less physically demanding.
* Arrange a wine tour or tasting at one of the area’s wineries located in nearby Jacksonville or Putney, VT.
* Family fun at Six Flags Amusement and Water Park in Agawam, MA is an hour and fifteen minutes away.
Festivals and Events:
Brattleboro Gallery Walk (first Friday evening of every month)
Northern Roots Traditional Music Festival (January)
Winter Carnival and Harris Hill Ski Jump (February)
Women's Film Festival (March)
Brattleboro Literary Festival (March)
Brattleboro Area Farmers’ Market (Saturdays, May - October)
Newfane Flea Market (Sundays, May - October)
Slow Living Summit (May - June)
Strolling of the Heifers Parade and Festival (early June)
Celebration of LGBTQ Pride (June)
Yellow Barn Music Festival (June - August)
Marlboro Music Festival (July - August)
Green River Music and Hot Air Ballon Festival (July)
Rock River Artists Open Studio Tour (July)
Vermont Life Wine and Harvest Festival (September)
* panoramio.com 8023417
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|Property Damage Protection||$89.00|
|* Holidays Require 3 Day Min. Stay (PREMIUM RATES MAY APPLY)
* No Smoking
* Dog may be allowed, subject to owner's prior approval
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.