Extremely centrally located and less than 7 minutes to the best beaches. Our beautiful home has stunning waterfront views and plenty of space for a large group to relax. Enjoy native plants and wildlife and feed the Manatees that swim in front of our dock often! This ideal vacation destination features a large heated pool, Jacuzzi, outdoor grill area w/ fridge, spacious covered patio, sun deck, deep water boat dock, and a fully-stocked game/activity room including billiards table, ping pong, foos ball, fishing gear, boogie boards, and bicycles.
Bay View has 4 large bedrooms / 3 full baths and sleeps 12-14. The Master Bedroom has a King sized bed and gorgeous views over the pool area down to the Bay. The Guest Master has a Queen sized bed, private bathroom and French Doors leading to the patio and water. The Kids room has a Twin-over-Queen and Twin-over-full Bunk Beds, a toddler bed, a large play area, Playstation 3 console, and direct access to the game room. The Family Room has a Queen bed, fixed-side crib, and extra baby gear including a pack and play, high chair, and stroller. All of the bedrooms have cable TV, alarm clock / radio, plenty of dresser and closet space, two sets of luxury linens, and lots of extra towels, pillows, and blankets.
As soon as you walk through the front door, the Bay View House will wow you with its amazing water views and its ideal set-up for entertaining. Our open concept kitchen features a pass through that allows you to see from the front of the house all the way down to the Bay. The attached dining area easily seats 10 at our oversized table, and 6 more at the kitchen bar area. The kitchen is fully outfitted with stainless steel appliances, microwave, filtered water, and Pampered Chef cookware- everything you need to inspire family meals! Clean-up is a breeze with dishwasher, garbage disposal, and sink overlooking the Bay. The living room has a large sectional couch with an additional Queen sized sleeper sofa and recliners for the whole family to gather. Sliding glass doors open onto panoramic views of the Bay, covered patio, and pool area. From there the patio steps lead down to the dock for excellent fishing, birdwatching, and playing with the Manatees- they love to drink fresh water from our hose and will come right up for some crunchy Romaine lettuce!
The Bay View House has central AC and heat, there are numerous ceiling fans throughout, and all utilities are included. We also have an office area with a desktop PC, printer/fax/copier machine, high-speed Internet access, wireless access, a telephone system with free local and long distance service (but not out-of-country), and we have Netflix for downloading movies and TV shows. The Bay View House is also a pet-friendly rental with a fully fenced-in back yard.
When you’re ready to venture out from the lush tropical landscaping on the property, the Bay View House is extremely centrally located. The beautiful Anna Maria beaches are just 7 minutes away, Busch Gardens is less than one hour, and Disney / Universal Studios are less than two hours. Within a 10 minute drive you’ll find major grocery stores, liquor store, gourmet market, restaurants, ice cream parlor, bowling alley, put put golf, movie theater, and amazing local attractions like the Palma Sola Botanical Gardens, Robinson Preserve Nature Park, and the DeSoto National Memorial Park. 30 minutes to the South, our sister-cities of Sarasota and Longboat Key showcase a vibrant arts and culture scene including world-class dining, luxury shopping, the Ringling Museum of Art, and concerts/live events at the Asolo and Van Wezel Performing Arts Halls.
We are so excited to share the Bay View House with you and know it will be the perfect home-base for your Florida visit. We know that your family vacation experience is priceless, and we look forward to making your stay incredible!!
We are a recently retired couple who've decided to travel the country in our free time. When we're not on the road, we live just 5 minutes away from the Bay View House and we'll see you on check-in to help get you all settled. We also love giving restaurant and activity recommendations. We raised our family of 5 in the Bay View House and have lived in Bradenton for more than 35 years. Now that our kids are grown, they have also moved back to Bradenton because of its small-town charm with city convenience. We know what a treasure this coastal community is, and we're so excited for you to experience the laid-back Florida lifestyle with the comfort of the Bay View House as your home base.
On the first day we looked at this home, we knew the view was something special. The peak of the canal, where our house sits, was once the site of a Native American community. When our kids were young, they used to dig up arrow-heads in the back yard. Our local museum director visited and said that our site was likely where the Chief made his home, based on the long view of the waterfront. Our neighbors recognize the beauty too, and we've seen lots of beautiful renovations in recent years, making ours one of the most elegant communities in Bradenton.
The wildlife is amazing and right in the back yard. We have a friendly white egret who likes to drink out of the pool, and there are also lots of other native birds including hawks, gulls, and even green Parrots. Of course, the best is the family of Manatees that gathers in the warm waters by our dock. They love to drink from our hose and splash and play. It's a rare treat to interact with these gentle giants so closely.
The Bay View House is a virtual preserve of Florida Nature at it’s finest. Our guests are greeted by Manatees swimming and playing right off the backyard dock, as well as schools of jumping fish, elegant native birds, and and even green Parrots! We are also conveniently located within 5-15 minutes of grocery stores, major restaurants, movie theaters, prestigious golf courses, and shopping. Below are a few more key attractions unique to the Bay View House.
Within a 10-minute drive of Bay View you will find:
• Holmes Beach (Anna Maria Island) – This is what you’re coming for right?! This beautiful, white-sand beach is free to the public and features more than 7 miles of crystal clear water and shell-dotted shoreline. There is free parking and restrooms as well as a Café serving sodas, burgers, and snacks, and the best pancake brunch you can imagine… right on the beach! When you’re done with surf and sand, be sure to visit Pine Street’s local boutiques, artisans, and galleries for a true taste of old-Florida living. More info at: http://www.annamariaislandchamber.org/
• Cortez Historical Fishing Village – Seafood doesn’t get any fresher than this! Enjoy your fresh catch right off the dock of the famous Star Fish Company restaurant for an authentic and amazingly delicious grouper sandwich, or visit their market for oysters, mussels, stone crab, snook, and snapper that you can prepare yourself. Also visit the Fisherman’s Museum, Antique, and Thrift stores for artifacts, baubles, and art unique to the Florida Gulf Coast. More info at: http://starfishcompany.com/starfishcompany/index.html
Within a 5-minute drive of Bay View you will find:
• DeSoto National Memorial Park - Create your own epic journey on the spot where Conquistador Hernando DeSoto landed in 1593 and explore beautiful, shaded Nature Trails winding through a Mangrove Forest along the beach and shoreline. DeSoto Memorial is a great picnic spot, providing indoor restrooms, and at certain times of the year, full historical re-enactments. Admission is Free. More info at: http://www.nps.gov/deso/index.htm
• Robinson Preserve - Explore untouched Florida Nature at this incredible 487-acre park and preserve, with over 7 miles of hiking trails winding through shoreline, salt flats, mangrove forests, and bridges and wooden walkways. This is an excellent spot for viewing wildlife and provides some of the best biking and kayaking in the area. Admission is Free. More info at: http://www.mymanatee.org/home/government/departments/natural-resources/resource-management/robinson-preserve.html
• Palma Sola Botanical Garden – This unique community resource features collections of exotic fruit trees and nut trees as well as stunning native plants, palms, and flowers. Located right next to Robinson Preserve, this is another great picnic area with lush nature trails. Admission is free. More info at: http://www.palmasolabp.com/
Other Major Attractions:
• Walt Disney World / Epcot / Splash Mountain (Kissimmee, FL) – 2.5 hrs
• Universal Islands of Adventure / Wet N’ Wild (Orlando, FL) – 2.5 hrs
• Busch Gardens / Adventure Island (Tampa, FL) – 1 hr.
• Mote Marine Aquarium (Longboat Key, FL) – 30 mins
• St. Armand’s Circle Shops and Restaurants (Sarasota, FL) – 30 mins
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
My Standard Rate
|One-time cleaning||$150.00 + Tax|
|50% deposit due on confirmation. Remaining balance due 14 days before arrival. We accept personal checks or PayPal with no additional fees.|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.