The Bay View House is a virtual preserve of Florida Nature at it’s finest. Our guests are greeted by Manatees swimming and playing right off the backyard dock, as well as schools of jumping fish, elegant native birds, and and even green Parrots! We are also conveniently located within 5-15 minutes of grocery stores, major restaurants, movie theaters, prestigious golf courses, and shopping. Below are a few more key attractions unique to the Bay View House.
Within a 10-minute drive of Bay View you will find:
• Holmes Beach (Anna Maria Island) – This is what you’re coming for right?! This beautiful, white-sand beach is free to the public and features more than 7 miles of crystal clear water and shell-dotted shoreline. There is free parking and restrooms as well as a Café serving sodas, burgers, and snacks, and the best pancake brunch you can imagine… right on the beach! When you’re done with surf and sand, be sure to visit Pine Street’s local boutiques, artisans, and galleries for a true taste of old-Florida living. More info at: http://www.annamariaislandchamber.org/
• Cortez Historical Fishing Village – Seafood doesn’t get any fresher than this! Enjoy your fresh catch right off the dock of the famous Star Fish Company restaurant for an authentic and amazingly delicious grouper sandwich, or visit their market for oysters, mussels, stone crab, snook, and snapper that you can prepare yourself. Also visit the Fisherman’s Museum, Antique, and Thrift stores for artifacts, baubles, and art unique to the Florida Gulf Coast. More info at: http://starfishcompany.com/starfishcompany/index.html
Within a 5-minute drive of Bay View you will find:
• DeSoto National Memorial Park - Create your own epic journey on the spot where Conquistador Hernando DeSoto landed in 1593 and explore beautiful, shaded Nature Trails winding through a Mangrove Forest along the beach and shoreline. DeSoto Memorial is a great picnic spot, providing indoor restrooms, and at certain times of the year, full historical re-enactments. Admission is Free. More info at: http://www.nps.gov/deso/index.htm
• Robinson Preserve - Explore untouched Florida Nature at this incredible 487-acre park and preserve, with over 7 miles of hiking trails winding through shoreline, salt flats, mangrove forests, and bridges and wooden walkways. This is an excellent spot for viewing wildlife and provides some of the best biking and kayaking in the area. Admission is Free. More info at: http://www.mymanatee.org/home/government/departments/natural-resources/resource-management/robinson-preserve.html
• Palma Sola Botanical Garden – This unique community resource features collections of exotic fruit trees and nut trees as well as stunning native plants, palms, and flowers. Located right next to Robinson Preserve, this is another great picnic area with lush nature trails. Admission is free. More info at: http://www.palmasolabp.com/
Other Major Attractions:
• Walt Disney World / Epcot / Splash Mountain (Kissimmee, FL) – 2.5 hrs
• Universal Islands of Adventure / Wet N’ Wild (Orlando, FL) – 2.5 hrs
• Busch Gardens / Adventure Island (Tampa, FL) – 1 hr.
• Mote Marine Aquarium (Longboat Key, FL) – 30 mins
• St. Armand’s Circle Shops and Restaurants (Sarasota, FL) – 30 mins