La-Cambe Castle Rental Photos and Description
Château sleeping 2, 9 or Max 15 people in 6 bedrooms 6 bathrooms
Situated in Normandy, in the Calvados region, on the edge of the Natural Park of Cotentin and Bessin Marshes, Château de Canchy was built in the 15th century and belongs to the same family since 1650. This impressive and tastefully restored Henri 4 Château is set in 6 acres of grounds with vast open spaces in a quiet environment just a few minutes from the Normandy Landing beaches. The two remaining wings of this ancient fortress open out onto a landscaped garden which in turn extends onto open fields.
The property is made up of the main building, le Château (4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 3 living rooms, dining room and kitchen), comfortable for 9 people and two self catering apartments, la Pommeraie and le Loft (disabled access), sleeping up to 4 people each. Sauna and Gym.
Le Château, la Pommeraie and the Loft can be rented separately or all together at the same time.
Rented full capacity, the property can accommodate up to 15 people.
The ground floor of the Main House consists of a large entrance hall opening onto a cosy winter living room, 'la vieille cuisine' with a walk-in fireplace, a stunning summer living room (100m2), a large eat-in kitchen, as well as a dining room off the kitchen seating for 15 people, a study room with computer, telephone and internet, a laundry room and a separate WC.
The main house is made up of 4 bedrooms, all with stone fireplaces.
- 'Chambre beige', light and impressive master bedroom with view on both sides of the Château situated on the first floor of the Main House. 320 sq ft bedroom with a beautifully brocade-swathed quen size four-poster double -bed, stone fireplace and flat screen TV. Next to the bedroom is a somptuous bathroom with bath and WC.
- 'Chambre de la tour' Situated at the top of the tower, this huge 290 sq ft bedroom with queen size four-poster bed canopied with opulent red brocade and stone fireplace benefits from an exceptional view on the Normandy countryside. Private bathroom with bath and WC on the same floor.
- 'Chambre Rose', a romantic pink bedroom with great view from the window of Canchy’s Chapel and the gardens. This light and airy double bedroom is equipped with a 1.6m double bed, or two single beds as needed, a wardrobe and a small desk inviting the penning of billet doux.
Next to this room is a small landing suitable for a cot and a bathroom with bath and WC.
- the 'dormitory' A three single beds dormitory, ideal for lots of children but also comfortable for adults. 290 sq ft on the first floor of the tower with three 1m10 classic iron bedsteads, valanced in blue Toile de Jouy, with matching curtains and lampshades and a handsome stone fireplace. Private attic bathroom with bath and WC.
A few meters away from the Château, la Pommeraie is a cute little gingerbread cottage from the outside, with the cool, stylish simplicity of a loft on the inside. It consists of a large open living room furnished with a white leather sofa, two single sofa-beds, a vast stone fireplace. The decor is confined to stylish grey and white. The kitchen is in the same colour with a table for four. Shower room with WC on the ground floor.
Overlooking the living room is a spacious double bedroom with a 2.3m king size bed on the mezzanine and a velux window flooding the room with sunlight and warmth.
This charming little house, benefiting from an amazing view on the Normandy's sunset can sleep up to 4 people.
Private garden, internet acces through WIFI and flat screen TV through satellite and foreign channels. Cot bed available on demand.
Château de Canchy’s old stables have been converted into a spacious (810 sq ft), cozy, full service ‘Loft Apartment’. Situated on the ground floor of the private wing of the Château, this apartment is facing south and getting all the light in the afternoon. It sleeps 4 and is perfect for a family with 2 children with a sleeping area (private) for a couple.
The a full kitchen, dining area, sitting area with a light cream sofa and two single sofa-beds; large bathroom with tub in the middle, a free standing shower, two sinks, washer, dryer, TV satellite.
Own private entrance accessible for wheelchair.
Château de Canchy is an ideal place to provide you with a unique accomodation experience. All you have to do is choose between a nap under a weeping willow, relaxing in the Sauna, exercising in the gym or playing Bocci on the 18 metres field.
Château de Canchy has a table tennis, croquet and badminton, moutain-bikes, library providing books, board games and playing cards for adults and children, garden furniture and barbecue.
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
About Adelaide de Canchy
Jean-François and Hélène de Canchy live in Paris but the family originally comes from Normandie. Château de Canchy was built in the XVIth century and belongs to the Canchy's family since 1650. In the 90's Jean-François and Hélène de Canchy decided to restore this old Henri IV Château. It has been a huge amount of work and it took a few years to complete the refurbishment. In 2011, the property has been renovated with all modern conveniences (modern bathrooms and kitchens, internet access through Wireless...). The interiors of the three houses have been tastefully and comfortably furnished.
Adelaide de Canchy purchased this castle in 1650
Why Adelaide de Canchy chose La-Cambe
Our family being called 'de Canchy' it has always been very important to keep the property in the family. This is why we try genereation after generation to keep this Château as a family house and want to improve year after year the quality and benefits of the property.
What makes this castle unique
A typical Normandy château on the outside, a wonderful restoration on the inside. Peace and quiet are guaranteed together with daily pampering.