Oakland House Rental Photos and Description
6 Bedrooms, 3 Full Baths, Sleeps 14
Beautiful year round waterfront home located on McGrath Pond. Easily accommodate 14+ People. Main level has open floor plan with master bedroom, second bedroom, family, dining area and fully equipped kitchen. Upstairs has large bedroom and full bath. Downstairs in law suite has 3 bedrooms, large familyroom, and kitchenette with private french door entrance. Washer and dryer located on main level. Screened in porch.
- non smoking only
- wheelchair accessible
- children welcome
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Why David McAllister chose Oakland
Our family has owned this property for over 45 years which started out as just a rustic cottage where we spent our summers, to the home built on the 19 Acre property in 1992. Our families vacation in Oakland every year and enjoy the small town atmosphere and private less developed McGrath Pond.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks again for the week at the Tilton Point Trail house. We had a great week … good weather most of the week (except for Thursday), and so we really got to enjoy the house, the lake, and the Waterville area in general.
I collected a few pieces of feedback. I remember you saying this is your first year renting out the house, so I'm hoping you find it useful …
• First off, the house is terrific. Spacious and well-laid out to support a lake retreat for a fairly large group. (We had only four adults, and there was certainly room for another couple with children) The view of the lake is spectacular, and is certainly one of the biggest selling points.
• We enjoyed the beach, and the access to the lake. We took our daughters out in the kayaks a couple times
• The grill worked really well. We used it a couple nights, and it has a great capacity and cooks evenly
• The sofa looked very new, and was great to relax on, watch the kids from, and take in a movie, etc.
• The property manager - Tony was very welcoming. He arrived ~15 minutes after we did, and he was a gracious host. He seemed like he would have been easily accessible if we needed something, which we didn’t.
We felt that there were a few areas where a little TLC could have made a big difference in terms of first impressions
• We felt the biggest drawback was the lack of a dishwasher
• Grill might benefit from more frequent cleanings
• More detail spent on cleaning