Welcome to “La Vie by-the-Sea”! Come experience the good life in this beautiful, romantic Carmel cottage designed by local award-winning architect Bob Littell.
This wonderful 1600 square foot updated home has special features throughout such as original hardwood floors, recessed lighting, professionally landscaped and maintained gardens, chef's kitchen with top of the line appliances and granite counter tops.
The owners have taken much pride in this house and the attention to detail can be seen everywhere from the choice of furnishings and accessories to the lovely flower adorned decks and balconies that Carmel is so noted for.
The house wraps around an inner courtyard accessed through glass French doors from the living room, dining room and master bedroom. It is filled with lovely flower pots to help create the indoor outdoor living feeling.
The house is located in a quiet residential neighborhood lined with Monterey pines and has distant ocean views. You will enjoy the lovely walk to downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea only 5 blocks away. There is a private neighborhood tennis court and children's park just a block away.
Within the house are ocean views from several rooms and in many of the rooms you will find large circular windows framing the beautiful trees and sky.
The light-filled living room has a gas fireplace, soaring washed pine ceilings, hard wood floors and is a perfect gathering place for quiet conversations or bringing everyone together in one spacious room.
The dream kitchen has a professional Wolf range, Sub Zero refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, granite counter tops and a custom tile back-splash. There is a breakfast bar with two stools at the end of the kitchen work area.
There is an eating area that seats 6 to 10 guests with a television for watching your favorite programs and local news and information.
The master bedroom has a king bed with luxury linens and the master bath has a separate deep soaking tub and walk-in shower.
Bedroom one has a queen bed with luxury linens and bedroom two has two twin beds than can be converted into a king bed with a comfortable foam topper. The second bathroom has a large step-in shower stall with a seat.
The lower level has a bonus room with a television, queen sleeper sofa and is perfect as an additional sleeping and gathering place. The large built in bookcase is filled with books and games for everyone to enjoy. There is also a separate laundry room with a washer and dryer.
The yard with its' beautiful gardens is fully fenced and secure for your pet.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
**Rates are based on up to 6 guests (including infants & children). For 7-8 guests, add $200 per month.(Note 7 Adults are maximum) 8th person must be a child 12 years or younger o
*1 month minimum rental requirement per City of Carmel. May be rented for 14-21 days or less with an exclusive right to property 30 day prorated contract. Please ask for rates.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest.
* Non-refundable exit cleaning fee $400. You will be required to have weekly cleanings during your stay at a cost to you not to exceed $25/hour that you will pay the cleaning staff for directly.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Damage Waiver at $75.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.