Great Place but with poor amenities!
We were 12 people spending Aug 23-25 in this rental. The house is located in scenic green nature close to a park which is tempting for all fishermen. Spending couple of hours in the park, we witnessed catching 5 huge steel heads.
- The house doesn't have any security deposit or cleaning fee which is good but I think the the total price is a little bit expensive.
- It has no dish washer and laundry machine.
- The first day we tried hot tub but didn't work, called the owner and he came quickly and turned it on. We were thinking that it was our fault because of touching the power box besides it but an hour after he left again the hot tub stopped working!
- In the rental description it is listed 7 bedrooms. 5 bedrooms which is supposedly for main house and 2 others for separate studios. The time we moved in we found out that it has only 3 very small bedroom in the main house. That is why the owner didn't put any pictures of them.
- The property was clean and well equipped with the bathroom stuffs such as soap, shampoo and towels.
- The main house is in the second floor and in the first floor there is manager office which looks like a souvenir shop. So it doesn't give you enough privacy feeling.
With all due respect to the property owners, I can't recommend this rental to my friends. Hope they update rental description and make it more realistic.
Owner's Response: Erfan R. represented 12 students. He requested only the Main house to keep his price low. Our description definitely distinguishes the main house from the studios. No where do we say we have 7 bedrooms in the main house. We are in the country and rely on septic systems and therefore do not utilize dishwashers and laundry facilities for the guests. We do supply all that is necessary to wash dishes and there are public laundry facilities in Roseburg, 20 minutes away. The Jacuzzi is brand new and is in excellent condition. These students were here during a storm period and we experience power outages. As they said, the owner was there promptly (within 2 minutes), only to find students shooting pellet guns at bottles from our deck leaving broken beer bottles in the grass which we had to pick up and at a tree leaving pellets in the tree. In that they were leaving the next morning, we did not ask them to leave immediately. They also had 2 group water pipes smoking a substance that smelled like marijuana. So, we don't know what they did to the Jacuzzi to make it go off again as the Jacuzzi is automated (they were told not to touch the circuit box).
As for privacy, the owner did not contact the law enforcement regarding the smoking of an illegal substance and the dangerous and destructive use of weapons at our property. We would not rent to this group again and frankly are glad they would not recommend their friends.
And, yes we have an office with some souvenirs on the premise. Most guests enjoy this feature and housekeeping operates from here as well.
Helpful votes: 0/2
Did you find this review helpful?