Submitted: June 6, 2011
Stayed: May 2011
I stayed a couple of nights in the studio, a converted shed just to the right of the main house. It was perfect!
* Central location
* Everything appeared to be brand new inside, except for a cool vintage wall fan left alone during the complete remodel (good taste!)
* Good privacy (separate from main house, has it's own entrance)
* Full kitchen! Sink, full stove/oven, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, pots and dishes, too!
* A good stereo clock radio. Also a flat-screen TV (didn't try it)
* Big leather easy chair!
* Closet with hangers and dresser
* Parking right outside
* Handicap accessible? Wide doorways, ground floor, etc.
* Separate heaters in main room and bathroom - very efficient
* Newfangled shower handle confused my friend, who wound up taking a cold shower! She doesn't get out much, though -- most people would probably know to turn it slightly back from far left to get the hot water flowing.
* In a rush to leave, I left behind a pair of shorts. A couple days later, I received them in the mail, priority mail, washed. Wow, thanks, Shelley! That's great hospitality over and above and beyond!
* Shelley and Dale are great hosts! Thanks, you both -- I loved my stay in John Day, and having such a nice place was a big part of that.
Tourists without a Car,
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
People with Disabilities,
Owner's Response: Thank you for the wonderful review! The studio actually is a part of the house that we separated for accommodations. We hope you visit us again soon!!!
Dale and Shelly
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?