Located on the south west side of Browning Island, Lake Muskoka (just east of Cariquette Island) this 'boat access only' private, newly built cottage (completed in 2009) features an open concept design, flooring ceiling windows, a stunning lake one-mile long view to the and 160' of private treed and sunny shoreline. The cottage sleeps up to 8 but is best suited to a family, ideal occupancy in comfort is 5 to 6 individuals. Features 3 bedrooms plus a sleeping loft with bunk beds. A fully furnished 4th bedroom (currently used for owners storage) in the basement walkout is also available for those who require extra space at an additional fee.
Enjoy stunning sunset views from two separate sitting areas, a private deck by the cottage or a sitting area by the boathouse. Excellent swimming with both shallow and deep water, granite steps into the lake and a small sandy beach area. The cottage also has west exposure which provides for a sunny shoreline and decks from 10:00 am to sunset. A typical day-long breeze from the open waters to the west make this location virtually bug-free during daylight hours.
The cottage features an open concept design with a great room, floor to ceiling windows on the lake side, water-views on three sides from the sunroom, custom kitchen with granite countertops, hardwood and slate flooring, 20 foot ceilings, ceiling fans in each room, 2 fireplaces (one wood burning, the other propane), 2 bathrooms (one with whirlpool), 3 queen beds + two bunk beds, 52 inch plasma TV with DVD, satellite TV, high speed internet, 2 large decks and multiple sitting areas by the water.
The waterway is quiet both on weekends and during the week as the only traffic is from one of your few island neighbors. This cottage provides the true 'on the water' Muskoka experience. Should you wish more privacy or have a desire to accommodate two families or a group of 8 to 10 in real comfort, you may rent the neighboring two bedroom cottage (www.vrbo.com/350642) on the lot adjacent to this property. Both cottages together provide total privacy, your own private point and over 330' of shoreline.
· wall to wall and floor to ceiling windows - stunning west facing lake views
· 20 foot ceilings in main cottage
· 4 stainless steel appliances (fridge, stove, convection microwave, tall tub dishwasher
· fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops
· large dining room with seating for 8
· 2 bathrooms (one 3 piece, one 4 piece with whirlpool tub)
· 2 fireplaces - one floor to ceiling wood burning, one gas
· 3 bedrooms with queen size beds, each bedroom has a 32' flat screen TV, master bedroom has TV + DVD player
· a fully furnished 4th bedroom in the basement walkout is available to rent for an additional fee (otherwise used as owners storage)
· two bunk beds in loft
· open concept great room with three large leather couches
· 6 ceiling fans
· sun room with two large couches
· 52 inch flat screen plasma TV with DVD player + 32 inch flat screen TVs in each bedroom
· telephone with unlimited free long-distance in Canada
· Bell satellite TV
· high-speed Rogers portable internet
· flooring is a combination of hardwood and slate
· 2 exterior decks - 2 dining areas (one by the cottage and one by the water)
· 8 muskoka chairs
· 4 lounge chairs
· fire pit
· 40 foot private dock
- prices range from $600 to $2,000 per week. A range of fishing, runaboats, ski and pontoon boats available from two local marinas
- call or email for details
Keywords: Lake Muskoka, Lake Rosseau, Lake Joseph, Bracebridge, Bala, Gravenhurst, Muskoka, Rosseau, Joseph, Port Carling, Luxury, Executive, Sun, Sunset
We choose to purchase this water access cottage for three reasons, the west exposure, the all-day sunshine (from 10 am to sunset), the gently westerly breeze and the quietness of a water access property. There are no cars on this mile wide by two mile long island and while there is some boat traffic on the lake it is generally in the distance allowing for a quiet relaxing week in the sun. All of the city and recreational amenities are a short boat ride away (100% accessible by water if you don't want to use your car) and include grocery shopping, restaurants and recreational activities such as golf.
Benefits of this cottage include privacy (cottage is located on a point) with only one other cottage in close proximity. Three outdoor decks, stunning open water views and a private dock. The cottage is newly constructed in 2009 and includes all the comforts and conveniences of your city home.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.