|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Large Garden Studio apartment by central park
1/2 a block from subway
We would definitely recommend travelers to avoid this apartment, unless they are not able to find another apartment in Manhattan and if you just need a bed; otherwise you will be sad in this place ..
Photos appear to have been taken 30 years ago; he is old, worn dirty looks;
The worst is the bathroom;
We just left after spending a month in this garden apartment, located in the back of a building on a very quiet brownstone street on the UWS. It's a relatively large studio, and the two of us plus our small dog had plenty of room. The apartment has a large dining table, a couch and coffee table, a TV, queen bed, plus two large closets (some of the closet space is filled with various apartment items). We stayed in the winter and were not able to make use of the private yard, but that is a wonderful thing to have if it's not snowy!
The apartment is older and dated, but it is comfortable. The kitchen has very basic amenities, and the bathroom is stocked with a few necessities and plenty of towels.
* Excellent location! Half-block from the subway.
* Easy street parking if you are bringing a car
* Pet friendly! Plus, there is a Little Creatures on Columbus less than a block away.
* Very, very quiet. No street noise, and we only heard neighbors a few times
* Good sleep quality, the bed is comfortable
* Internet and TV worked great
* Good size studio, did not feel cramped
* Lots of outlets and closet space
* Shower had great water pressure
* The owner is extremely responsive and accommodating. Easy check-in.
* As others have mentioned, the apartment could use some touching up. The bathroom is especially dated.
* Bring slippers as the wooden floor can be uneven
* Goes without saying in this type of vacation rental, but do not plan on cooking outside of very basic meals. We planned ahead and brought certain items to use in the kitchen, you may want to as well.
* If you are staying in the winter, know that you cannot turn off the boiler. We had the air conditioner on and windows open to combat the heat.
I would return if needed, and do recommend this apartment to those who are OK with this style of traveling and understand that this is a very basic apartment with many positives. What you give up in amenities and "luxury" you gain in location, price, convenience, and pet friendliness.
we are former new Yorkers and wanted to stay on the upper west side this trip.
this apartment is in the most perfect location with transportation to everything closeby. but you can also walk a few blocks In any direction and have everything you need. the apartment is old ... but it was extremely clean. the owner provides anything you can possible need for your vacation. we were extremely comfortable here. and... a garden to step out into for your meals... what else could one want. we loved it and will definitely rent this for next year.
Although the apartment doesn't look like much from the outside of the building, it's a spacious studio with a fabulous back patio that we sat in every morning. The bed is comfortable and the shower has great pressure! For us, that's crucial. The location is fabulous, steps from the subway. Apartment is clean and there's enough utensils in the kitchen to make a meal or two. Would certainly recommend this property. It's much more spacious than your average hotel room, but if you're wanting fancy go elsewhere. But we'll be back!
We stayed in the apartment late July. it is an excellent place. it acceded our expectations . very reasonably priced . clean and convenient walking distance to museums restaurants, shops, central park is around the corner and the subway is right there.the garden is an added bonus. its quiet and completely private.
When we arrived July 2,2013 the entry hall was very dirty. The apartment itself was also dirty. The toilet leaked water onto the bathroom floor with the first flush. The couch fabric was ripped. The door to the patio could not be opened. We could not stay. Unfortunately, we were not refunded our deposit and ended up spending more than expected to stay at a different (clean) place.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.