Spacious and simply furnished, this 1530 sq. ft. apartment is ideally situated in rue Jacob in the very heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, central Paris’s most elegant and lively district, on the 1st french floor -2nd american floor- (called “l’étage noble”) with 13 ft high ceilings, in a beautiful XVIIIth century house.
Outside: Just 5 minutes’ walk from Le Louvre and Orsay museums, both Cité or Saint Louis islands (Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle), and near the very nice Luxembourg gardens.
Next door to the Carré des Antiquaires, a block of antique shops, as well as to numerous art galleries or jazz clubs.
Thanks to the nearby underground and metro station of ‘Saint Germain des Prés’, most of places of interest lie within easy reach.
We can help you choose which outside activities should not be missed during what is to be your ‘memorable’ week.
Inside: Should you wish to rest or need to recover, you will find this simple but exceptional accommodation comfortable and with an additional Parisian French touch.
High ceilings with beautiful moldings, a wooden floor, a large sitting-room with marble chimneybreast, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a small but fully equipped kitchen are all at your disposal.
You may enjoy cooking your own food bought from the de Buci market (organic ingredients available) or ordering your meal from nearby caterers/traiteurs, or you may prefer (1-minute walk away) to have a drink at the Café de Flore, the Deux Magots (of Sartre fame) or Brasserie Lipp, followed by dinner at the oldest Procope or finest Lapérouse restaurants.
Join us for an unforgettable stay!
DETAILS OF APARTMENT offered for short-term rental (one week up to 3 months)
«A L’ETAGE NOBLE» located in Jacob Street, in the heart of Saint Germain des Prés.
A beautiful apartment consisting of 4 rooms (of which 3 bedrooms), 3 bathing-rooms (surface of 142 m² = 1530 sq ft and 4 m de hauteur sous plafond = 13 ft under ceiling), situated on the first floor of a 18th century building of great character, accommodating 6-8 people. It has a southerly aspect onto rue Jacob street and looks into a spacious inner courtyard to the north.
Access from Rue Jacob is through a wide vaulted carriage entrance, lined by the facades of two ancient shops, and giving onto a paved courtyard.
A flight of 3 steps leads to a door onto the main staircase with easy stairs and a beautiful wrought banister up to the first floor landing.
- a small entry hall (6 m²) with space for cloaks gives onto a wide corridor (9 m²) with access to all the rooms (which can also be reached through handsome double doors ornamented with their original ‘pier glasses’);
- a wide living room (38 m²) with sitting around marble fireplace with its golden wooden mirror and room for 8 people to dine;
- bedroom « Parents » (18 m²) with fireplace, king-size bed (160 cms wide) and fitted cupboards, en suite bathing room/toilets (5 m²), and an antechamber (8 m²) used as an office (fitted with telephone, Internet and TV) ;
- bedroom « Children or Young people » (27 m²) with fireplace, sleeping for up to 4 2 individuals beds (90 cm wide) and one double queen-size bed (140 cms wide), and adjoining shower /toilets (4 m²),;
- bedroom « Friends» (18 m²), with queen-size bed (140 cm wide), en suite bathing room and toilets (5 m²);
- kitchen on the veranda (7m²), fully equipped (plaque à induction and oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer), housing gas boiler;
- service room adjacent ;
- possibility of private parking for mini car.
Decor and furnishings complement this lovely and relaxing place.
Keywords: Flat, Paris Arr 6 Saint Germain des Pres, Rue Jacob 3 BR, 3 BA (Sleep 6/8), from E 3,100/wk