Nightmare of a stay at Villa capiz
Submitted: December 27, 2012
Stayed: December 2012
1. The views of course are breathtaking from the deck and from the inside the house.
2. The entire house is infested with mosquitoes. While the house keeper was giving us the in service , my mother-in-law lay downstairs as she was quite exhausted from the trip. She came running up as even in the 10 minutes she lay downstairs she was completely bitten by mosquitoes . We mentioned this to Nancy and she completely blew this away and said that we should buy a mosquito repellent spray and she would reimburse us for this. She did mention that there was dengue fever on the island. She was in a huge hurry and went through everything with an attitude that she wanted to get out of there. She came across as very rude and condescending. My wife asked about mosquito nets and the house keeper said we do not use those as we have never had a problem with mosquitoes here.
3. If we had known what we know now, monetary loss or not we should have walked out just then and there. That was a mistake. Our next three days were spent fighting mosquitoes and more.The place is filthy…., dust and dirt everywhere on the bed posts, screen s, dead cockroaches, ants spiders that have not been cleaned up.
4. There are gaps in the screen where the screens have broken down and despite the screens being closed the mosquitoes are able to come in. Well we bought all kinds of bug sprays, “off” , citronella candles , tortoise coils , sprayed the house multiple times with Raid for flying insects/mosquitoes and still got bitten all over at night. There is a hole in the AC screen upstairs and despite covering it with several pieces of cloth the mosquitoes would still come in. Us and our kids are completely covered up with bug bites. Multiple ones on the face , legs and arms. We have taken several pictures of these . Our last night was just spent staying up standing vigil trying to protect our children from getting bitten. The few hours that we did sleep as we alternated staying up, we were attacked by bed bugs.
5. Both the downstairs mattresses have bed bugs , we have taken pictures and will be glad to e-mail these to you.
6. I texted and left voice email messages for the house keeper and got no replies back. So Callous and inconsiderate. She behaved just the way she comes across. It was hot and hard to sleep with mosquitoes singing in your ears and AC not working.Yet there was no response from her.
7. I don’t think she realizes that
Owner's Response: In response to this slanderous review, please consider the following:
First, rest assured that the mattresses do not have bedbugs! We have had an independent exterminating company confirm this. Secondly, to describe the house as dirty, dusty and filthy, with dead roaches, ants and spiders, is completely unfounded. The house and decks are thoroughly cleaned and inspected before each arrival. The villa is continuously scrubbed from top to bottom to provide the utmost comfort for our guests. St. John does, however, suffer from occasional bouts of mosquitos, and they can be bothersome, but certainly this is not unique to Villa Capiz. These guests, traveling with a medically fragile child (as described by the father), apparently had acute sensitivity to mosquitos, sorry to say. This situation, I believe, prompted this unfair and angry attack on Villa Capiz and Nanci, our property manager (referred to as the housekeeper). Please know that Nanci is most accommodating and delightful, always remaining available for guests' questions or problems. Just as I had no indication of their dissatisfaction until this shocking email, neither did Nanci know that they were having a “nightmare” vacation. We would have done everything possible to make them happy, had we the chance. While a house offers lots of space and privacy and a homey atmosphere, we understand that villa living is not for everyone. This is the tropics, and island living at Villa Capiz is an indoor/outdoor affair, to be appreciated as such. If we had known these guests were unhappy, we could have looked for alternative accommodation in a hotel where they could experience the island from a more antiseptically sealed space.
We make every effort to maintain the villa to the highest standards, always conscious of its maintenance, comfort and aesthetic appeal. To hear how much our guests love the experience of staying at Villa Capiz brings us much satisfaction. As such, it is with a heavy heart that I respond to these blatantly false accusations, and ask future guests to consider all other reviews, including those on Trip Advisor, where we have recently received their highest award for customer satisfaction.
Helpful votes: 0/4
Did you find this review helpful?