Orange Beach Condo Rental Photos and Description
Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Bunk Area, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
When my brother, Tom and I bought our condo in September of 2008, it was a big deal for both of us. We grew up landlocked in Lawrence, Kansas, where the nearest ocean is over a thousand miles in any direction, so the ocean and the beach are always the dream. When we found FourWinds, we immediately liked the building and we loved #501. The building is relatively small (36 total units) compared to some of the mega-plexes that line the gulf coast and the view from #501 was fantastic. Being on the fifth floor means we are up high enough to have a commanding view of the beach, but low enough that we don’t feel disconnected from the beach activity. Being set a little closer to the beach than those buildings on either side of us means we have a great 180+ degree view of the ocean and beach from the balcony. It was just what we were looking for.
We knew we wanted to have a place where our families and friends could come and relax and enjoy the sun, surf and sand. The kind of place that just felt good, where you could hang out and decompress. So that’s what we set out to create. A clean, comfortable space with a modern, minimalist vibe that feels a little less like a vacation rental and a little more like your own place. We try to approach everything from the standpoint of ‘what kind of place do we want and how do we want it to feel?’ We like where that’s gotten us so far, but also know there is more we want to do as we go along.
Our hope is that our guests will see and feel the thought and care we've put into FW501 and choose to return whenever they visit the Alabama Gulf Coast.
**NOTE: DURING THE OFF SEASON WE PUT IN NEW FLOORING AND NEW SOLID MAPLE KITCHEN CABINETS AND GRANITE COUNTERTOPS (SEE PHOTOS). IN MARCH OF 2012 WE REPLACED ALL APPLIANCES AND THE BED IN MASTER BEDROOM.
• Fifth floor, east corner unit, fantastic view
• 2 bedrooms/2 full bathrooms
• King bed in master, 2 twin beds in second bedroom, 2 bunk beds inset into hallway (Living room sofa is not a hide-a-bed).
• 32' Sony flat screen TV in living area. Smaller flat screen TV in each bedroom
• Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove/range, microwave, refrigerator
• All cooking and eating utensils
• Washer/dryer, iron, ironing board, vacuum
• Egyptian cotton bed linens and quality bath towels (bring your own beach towels)
• Phone provided for local calls
ADDITIONAL RENTAL INFORMATION:
• Weekly rentals only - Saturday to Saturday- during peak season
• 3-night minimum rental rest of year
• $200 security deposit
• $105 Departure cleaning Fee (this is not marked up, it's what we pay when we stay)
• $10 parking pass (flat fee, no matter how many days you stay)
• Alabama lodging taxes apply at 11%
• Adults and families only - no college party parties (no offense, but we were in college once too and we know what goes on)
• Policy prohibits rental to adults under the age of 25
• Maximum occupancy is 6 - (even though most 2BR units in Orange Beach sleep 8, we prefer to keep ours limited to 6. It's more comfortable for you and less wear and tear on our place).
• No smoking (this is a building policy)
• Pets can be kenneled nearby (Service animals accommodated)
Keywords: Condo, Orange Beach, oceanfront, beachfront, ocean view, Four Winds, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, modern,
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair accessible
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the manager
Just wanted to let you know that my family just returned today from visiting Orange Beach and staying in your condo and we all had an amazing time! The weather was perfect, the condo was very clean and the perfect size and location. We all especially loved sitting on the balcony enjoying the incredible view. We hope to be back someday. Just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed it. Thanks.
My brother and I had talked for a long time about wanting to have a vacation home for our friends and family. And neither of us had ever been to the Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area before our visit to look at properties there. We did so at the suggestion of a friend of my brother's. We just liked the casual vibe of the Alabama Gulf Coast and that, outside The South, Orange Beach/Gulf Shores is still fairly undiscovered. After looking at a number of properties over a few days, we settled on Four Winds #501.
My favorite thing about staying at our place is getting up with the sun and watching it rise over the ocean while sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee. Put on just the right song from the iPod dock and it's the perfect way to start the day. Oftentimes I'll see dolphins swimming along the coastline. My wife and son like to sleep in and I get some good quiet time before hitting the beach and enjoying the soft, sugar-sand beaches and warm water.