|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
*** SIMPLY CLICK BOOK-IT ***
Very quiet & secluded 2 Master Bedroom, 2 Master Bathrooms (+ 3rd Bathroom) with extra large living room & dining room table with futon, ice cold air conditioning, excellent ventilation & ocean breezes, 3 televisions with deluxe satellite package, private high speed Internet, with two separate WiFi lines (one for back up) & hardline, with range extenders throughout, fully equipped kitchen with oven, lovely dining area, weekly maid service, five very comfortable hammocks to choose from, & really nice outdoor living areas & patios in a garden setting, on over 1/2 acre privately gated property, very safe & with one of the best locations in Playa Avellanas, or Costa Rica in general, surrounded by a living cactus fence-line of two varieties.
We are on the edge of the wilderness & with 72 acres of untouched jungle, estuary mangroves, & one of the most gorgeous stretches of beaches anywhere, right out in front.
There are also various wonderful local restaurants, bars, and a small grocery store within short walking distance.
Incredible beach combing, swimming, sunsets, fishing, golfing, surfing & relaxing year round.
Shuttle transportation to & from the airport can be arranged for you. As well as many different tours & excursions.
There is tons of wildlife here - including howler monkeys, sea turtles, parrots, & so much more. Costa Rica is the most bio-diverse place on the planet & we have one of the best locations anywhere....
* In an effort to be more ecologically friendly, we have now switched to all biodegradable cleaning products for this rental (from bath soaps, shampoos & conditioners, to laundry/dish detergents, disinfectants, and window cleaners (with the exception of bleach) as well as high efficiency shower heads & faucets.
** For security purposes, please limit one car per household & no outside guests.
USA (949) 903-5875
CR + (506) 2652-9168
Keywords: avellana, avellanas, avelana, avelanas, playa avellanas, playa avelanas, hacienda pinilla, hacienda pinila
My family is from Southern California, living in the main house at the back of the property, along with our caretakers.
Whenever we can not be here, one of our caretakers, whom we trust greatly will be here to look out for you.
Also we have two very wonderful & loving guard dogs, Elvis & Bessie, our Rottweiler & Rhodesian Ridgeback.
Ben Geren purchased this house in 2006
We picked this location for our Costa Rica residence, because it is absolutely the best part of Costa Rica to be in! The beach is incredible & the surfing absolutely amazing!
Nature, Serenity, Peace, and Relaxation... (ALSO SURFING, FISHING, & SUNSETS)
Very great place to spend a vacation! Nice living atmosphere and excellent surf out front!
I had the pleasure of staying at Ben's cute little casa this April. I must say, it was perfectly ideal for my travel plans! My goal was to surf as much as possible, easy to do at Ben's little rental casa, as multiple breaks are within a 15 min walk. Ben was also great at showing me his home surf break, we surfed 3 hours one evening.
I loved the after surf cold shower, and the bathroom interior is really cool with a natural stone finish. AC , Fast internet wifi and satellite tv (with HBO and other movie channels) ensured a great place to rest up for the next beach day.
Very safe house with an ultimate security perimeter of cacti, agave and other plants creating a cool and unique "bio fence". Ben, the owner, has two awesome dogs, super nice and also serve to protect the property.
Ben the owner is very nice and down to earth, always asked if I needed anything and how my stay was going.
There is two great bars walking distance , and a small store with limited supplies down the road.
I will be back!! Affordable and avellanas is my most favorite beach.
Thanks again Ben
Came down to surf Avellanas for the week and scored some great waves everyday. Access to beach breaks and reef breaks within walking distance. The A/C and flatscreens were nice for a midday break from the sun. Hammocks and dogs were great too. Burrito Box has great tacos etc and Lola's is a pretty cool bar right on the beach. Nightlife and more restaurants are accessible 25 min away in Tamarindo. The owner Ben was helpful with anything we needed and provided local knowledge.
We loved the cute little house. There was plenty of room for the 4 of us. There are 3 bathrooms, 5 hammocks, it's very quiet and relaxing. We walked to the beach where my sons surfed 3-4 times a day. The sunsets at the beach were gorgeous. Ben, the owner, lives in the back house and was a great host! Anytime we needed anything, he helped us out. There were a variety of restaurants in walking distance.
We will definitely stay here again!!!
I went on this solo adventure to Costa Rica to : 1) Learn to surf 2) Horseback ride on the beach 3) Soak in the sun 4) Eat great food 5) Read & relax and soak up more sun!
1) Surfing: Ben the owner of this terrific home is an excellent surf instructor. He is patient, kind and very informative. Ben taught me the basics with an emphasis on safety and reading the ocean. There is no "hour" lesson, Ben takes whatever time that you need for your lesson and I can vouch that he will work with you until you can barley move your arms or legs!!! It's about whatever you want from your lesson . His positive attitude and encouragement was refreshing and I can't wait to surf again.
2) Beb arranged for my horseback riding excursion. The wrangler he chose was on time, pleasant and once again "it was all about me", where I wanted to go, stopping for pictures, breaks, and letting me race down the beach. I couldn't stop smiling the entire ride! I invited Glenna, the caretaker, to join me. She helped me translate and added to my fun adventure with her kindness and friendship.
3) Soaking up the sun: The house is located a short walk to the beach. It is a very enjoyable walk, lots of monkeys, parrots and a very cool boardwalk thru the mangrove trees. I spent hours at the beach, running, walking and taking in the beautiful warm Pacific Ocean.
4) Great Food: Any direction you chose to walk there is an wonderful restaurant to dine in. Breakfast at Cabinas Los Olas turned into a almost daily ritual after my morning walk, Lola's for amazing ceviche and the best view! The Burrito Box is fresh and very good, Mauna Loa if you are craving killer tiramisu! All within a 5 minute walk..... Mauna Loa also has a very fun gift shop!
5) Rest and RELAX! : Ben and Glenna's priority is your happiness. They were perfect. Attentive while giving me my space to read, relax and soak in this beautiful country. Ben is avid about security and I was very comfortable being solo. He arranged for a private shuttle for me due to my late arrival and very early departure. Tamarindo Shuttle was on time, efficient and the drivers, pleasant . The vehicles were in excellent condition and comfortable. Due to Ben's attentiveness and concern I was able to completely enjoy myself. He is a long time resident of CR and willingly shared his knowledge. I had 6 hammocks to chose from to enjoy my books or a siesta. I CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN!!
The home is very comfortable. Every room has a
Once again I really enjoyed my stay at this great place! There is such a wonderful relaxed feeling to this quiet off the beaten path spot, with the beautifully peaceful beach only a short walk away. The renovations on the house since my stay early last year are fantastic! The beautiful new addition has doubled the size of the house with two big bedrooms with bathrooms and comfy new beds. Having the new TVs in each bedroom was really great too. The house was nice and comfortable and had everything that I needed for my stay, which included the most important things like wifi and a choice of hammocks!
The owner Ben was a really great host and was quick to help me with anything I needed as well as being a great source of information on pretty well everything in the area. The two wonderful dogs, Bessie and Elvis are such great company and really help with the overall feeling of security. The way the property is fenced and gated creates a really private and secure feeling as well.
There are some great restaurants close by offering everything from pizza to ceviche. It was really nice to have the kitchen at the house though, especially if you are lucky enough to catch the weekly fish truck that comes by.
Such a great spot to enjoy beautiful Costa Rica! I would definitely recommend staying here!
I received a VRBO reminder prior to my arrival. I downloaded the app and checked out the info related to my rental. The links for directions, how to check in, and how to contact the owner were blank. I was unable to find a way to email the owner so I went back to the VRBO site and resubmitted a request to rent the place for the same time period I already had it reserved in an effort to contact the owner. I immediately received an email saying that the property was available which concerned me greatly since I had already paid and was planning on arriving in a couple of days. The owner did respond to my email and reassured me that I did indeed have the place rented and he provided me information on how to find the house. When we arrived we pulled up to a gated and locked entrance. We had no idea how to let anyone know we were there to check in. We hollered hello and honked the horn and after a few stressful minutes the caretaker Glenna arrived to let us in and welcome us. She was very nice and gave us a tour of the place and told us that there is currently an issue with the water. The water supply had not been replenished and was running quite low so please limit our water use. We also discovered there is no hot water. She also recommended we buy a flashlight and use it at night when walking around outside so we made sure we didn't step on any scorpions or poisonous snakes. The property itself felt safe with the fencing around the perimeter that was completely planted with cactuses. Additionally, there are two large guard dogs onsite. The huge wooden gate is kept closed and padlocked. The house itself was good sized, however, very sparsely furnished. There was a king bed in each of the two bedrooms. One bedroom had a bed with a fitted sheet and a duvet cover (without a blanket inside) and 2 very mushy pillows. The other bedroom's bed just had a fitted sheet, a top sheet and 2 very mushy pillows. The king mattress in that room was on a queen box spring and frame. The beds are very hard. The kitchen is very small. There were only a few cooking pans and utensils. No counter space. The sink was dirty when we arrived so we ended up buying some cleaning supplies to clean the kitchen. There is no hot water in the house so washing dishes was challenging. We ended up moving to a hotel after 2 days due to not having water for showers after a day at the beach. No refund was offered but a credit to stay free at a later date was.
sunbathing, atv tours, zip-line canopy tours, surf lessons, golf lessons, volcano expeditions, turtle tours
* IF CALENDAR IS BOOKED, PLEASE ASK US ABOUT OUR OTHER RENTAL!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Notes||Though we do not accept cancellations, in the event you need to, just let us know far enough in advance so we can try to re-rent & then either credit your dates, or reimburse you.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.