Kapoho House Rental Photos and Description
House, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
Fabulous OCEANFRONT HOME with snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming directly in front of the house! Nice home built with quality materials, and stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
OUTDOORS: Starting at the top of our home
* Roof Top Deck, with Hot Tub: Talk about a view! There is a 270 degree ocean view--no kidding. There is also a chaise lounge, and 2 chairs with ottomans, a table and some chairs. The moon and sun both rise out of the ocean and this is a fantastic place to see that. With a clear night, the stars, and the Milky Way, are awe-inspiring. There's not too many places in the world where you can see stars so close to the horizon.
* Lanai off the Great Room: This is your outdoor dining room. There is a large table and 6 comfortable, high-end, lanai chairs. There are also two chairs with ottomans for relaxing, reading, sipping a cocktail or a smoothie.
* Downstairs Lanai: When the weather is really hot, there is a ground level lanai that is just perfect. There's a picnic table too.
* Great Room: This large room is used for many purposes. Comfortable Living Room, cozy Dining Room, extra Bedroom (double bed), TV, large Kitchen and a Bar. The vintage rattan furniture is just right for Hawaii.
* Kitchen: The kitchen has top of the line hardware including appliances, faucets, sharp knives, stainless pots and pans. There is also a cappuccino machine, French press, lots of tea strainers, blender, fresh fruit/vegetable juicer, toaster, mixing bowls, kitchen towels, flatware, serving pieces, cutting boards, even a pressure cooker. And the bar area, with sink, works well as a serving buffet or a hang-out for the non-chef(s) to keep the chef(s) company. The whole area is very functional, and part of the great room, so nobody misses any of the fun happenings.
* Master Bedroom: Large room with a comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) Queen-sized bed, built-in dresser and closet, ceiling fan, a koa rocking chair for reading or relaxing, reading lamps and romantic indirect lighting. Did we mention the HUGE ocean view? This room is quite gorgeous, if we do say so ourselves.
* Master Bath: Tropical gone fabulous. Shower with two shower-heads, bench, and an ocean view! There’s also an unbelievable piece of granite that makes the walls of the shower look like you are inside a really refreshing volcano. Of course there are towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap and a hair dryer.
* Second Bedroom: Comfortable Pillow-Top Queen-sized bed, closet with built in shelf for your luggage, reading lamp, 2 nice chairs, ceiling fan, and a big ocean view.
* Second Bathroom: This bathroom is across the hall from the second bedroom, so it functions as the powder room as well. It has a tub/shower, with marble walls, a cool copper sink, and toilet all in a good-sized bathroom. Fluffy towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap, and a hair dryer make it all work well.
* Office: Free Wi-Fi, two professional, comfortable, office chairs and a large (3' x 5') partner desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an inspiring spot--ocean views from all locations. There's also a door leading to the back deck, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (4 bicycles, 2 boogie boards, and 4 kayaks (2 doubles/2singles) live. There are some stray swim fins, and masks/snorkels, though we can't guarantee we'll have your size.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP in each bathroom. We don't want you to have to experience that.)
* Hair Dryers
* Ironing Board & Iron
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* Our home is built with top-quality materials and attention to every detail. It has stone decking, solid brass ship’s lighting fixtures, and plenty of ventilation-providing windows. The front door is big and beautiful -- 4 feet wide locally-milled eucalyptus with a stained-glass window panel depicting the fish found in the bay. On the inside there is the same brass ship’s lighting, local hardwoods for the cabinets and floors (jacaranda, silky oak), granite, copper, and a beachy white-washed ceiling with indirect and direct lighting. It is friendly, comfortable, and ultimately luxurious.
We regret that this home is not really suitable for children between the ages of 1 year and 12 years. Also, we have a one week minimum stay. Exceptions are made if less than one week is available between existing reservations. We hope you understand.
Keywords: Oceanfront, Home, Surfing, Swimming, Snorkeling, Marine Sanctuary, Warm Ponds, Hot ponds, Champagne Pond, Cape Kumukahi, Jacuzzi, Luxury, Internet, Kayaking, Biking, Walking, Gated Community, Bicycles
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- not suitable for children
- non smoking only
- wheelchair accessible
- pets not allowed
Guestbook comments from the owner
We loved staying here. It was a bit of paradise. We loved exploring around here and the island.
Mahalo for your Aloha hospitality. There is nothing we would have change. Thank you again, We both felt truly blessed to be here. Mahalo
Here we are, enjoying life, in the sun.
After living in East Hawaii for 30 years, we built this house. Our dream. We camped here on weekends for a few years and completed the house in 2009. We checked out the views, the wind, and most importantly how we would want to LIVE here. Most agree, we did a really good job. Perhaps you will too.
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others.
This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have travelled quite a bit, and this gem is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Or you can walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the most Eastern point of the island, and the state.