Would NOT stay ever again, too many problems and incompetent people managing this place.
I'm just going to list the facts here so that you can decide if you want to stay at this place...
-owner Trish responded very quickly to our email inquiry (we decided to this trip the day before so it was very last minute)
-the 'welcome letter' with instructions and key code, etc. had many spelling mistakes (eg. vechicle, strait--rather than straight, carefull, you--rather than your, exetremly)
-there was exactly enough toilet paper in both bathrooms for one single use. No extra rolls to be found anywhere in the house.
-exactly 1 piece of paper towel left on roll in kitchen. No extra paper towels.
-used bar soaps in both bathtubs. No new bar soaps.
-large bottles of shampoo/conditioner in one bathroom--shampoo bottle was empty and conditioner bottle had about 5 uses left in the bottle.
-emailed owner about toilet paper and paper towels late at night and she responded quickly the next morning saying she will have her cleaning crew bring us some.
-tub cleaning squeegee left on floor of shower
-entire place was very dark--only one bedside lamp in the bedroom with 2 bunkbeds; 2 lamps in the master bedroom; entire kitchen/living room had one light and 2 lamps. Can't read or find anything at night
-washer and dryer located in what used to be closet of one of the bedrooms
-liquid detergent bottle had less than one wash's liquid left
-dryer was full of damp towels!
-we washed the other towels provided but the dryer didn't start so now we have no dry towels.
-called the manager's phone and left message but never got a call back
-called the owner and a guy picked up. I asked for Trish. He said "Trish who?" I told him the last name. He said "Who is this?" "I'm her tenant." "Her tenant???" "I'm renting her place in Mammoth" "Oh. She's not here right now. Can I help you?" "The dryer is not working" "Yes it does. I know it does. I've used in before. You'll have to go figure it out. I haven't been to the condo for 5 years but I know it works." After describing what buttons I'm pushing and telling him the cleaning crew/previous tenant left wet towels in the dryer, he said sorry and he'll run down the street to get the owner & she will call me back.
-he is the one that calls again later (his name is Rich I think), says Trish can't talk and he will send someone with dry towels. Doesn't answer our question--"You are answering Trish's phone right? Why did you say 'Trish who?'"
-cleaning guy comes with towels & makes excuses about why towels weren't dried in dryer
Owner's Response: We have been sharing our beautiful, warm, inviting home with hundreds of happy vacationers for several years. Your unhappy review is the first we have encountered. Thank you for your constructive criticism and spelling lesson, we will endeavor to address your issues as follows:
• We apologize for the lack of paper products. This was a one-time oversight on my cleaning crew’s part. They actually remedied this the next morning. Our Rental Contract does not include any personal toiletries (such as shampoo, soap etc.) or laundry detergent, as we are not a hotel, maybe this is your first experience with renting a private home. You might want to peruse our rental agreement so you can make choices better suited for your specific requirements regarding accommodations in the future.
• Regarding: the dryer, again, we regret the inconvenience. For future reference, extra linens and towels are supplied in the master closet at all times. This is also stated in the rental contract.
• We regret any lack of communication experienced, we did however respond to your issues as timely as possible considering we are not on site, as discussed prior to renting our property to you.
• The OVEN is a convection oven/microwave above the stove as clearly stated in the rental contract.
• Regarding the lighting….Thank you for your input. We may consider introducing additional lighting. We have not received complaints thus far, however for guests with vision issues this is a welcome comment. Thank you.
Helpful votes: 5/7
Did you find this review helpful?