Casa Joya (or 'jewel house'), offers you The Best of Both Worlds with The History of Colonial San Miguel and the Vibrancy of Contemporary Mexico.
- A beautiful, newly constructed home (completed in 2007)
- Designed by internationally renowned San Miguel resident architects House + House
- A showcase of the amazing architecture of Mexico today
- Contemporary styling with walls of glass and high ceilings
- Sunny and full of light, a rare feature in many San Miguel houses.
- Warm, soothing colors
- Stylishly and comfortably furnished
- Regional art throughout
- Wonderful views from inside and out
- Featured in the book, Houses in the Sun
- Selected to be on the SMA House and Garden Tour
Casa Joya is in a wonderful location of the Historic Center:
- Close to all you’d want to see and do but on a quiet residential walkway, away from traffic noise
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Historic Centro
- An easy 10-minute (or less) stroll to the Jardin (the Central Plaza)
- Just 2 blocks from the main Mercado (offering an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers, meat and poultry)
- Just 2 blocks from the wonderful, must-see Artisan Market
Details of the House:
- Three (3) floors and 2500 square ft. offer both a feeling of space and privacy
- Master bedroom on first floor with king bed and en-suite bathroom
- Well equipped kitchen for those who love to cook -- set up for ease and convenience.
- A patio off the kitchen features a dramatic two-story water wall sculpture studded with cobblestones
- Two bedrooms on the 2nd floor: one with a queen bed and the other with two twins. The twin beds can also be converted into a second king bed
- 2nd bathroom has striking tile work and polished concrete details (see photo).
- Family room on the 3rd floor views, flat screen HD TV, DVD player and hidden wet bar. Also has a pull out couch for additional sleeping arrangement.
- Inviting and comfortable roof terrace with wonderful vistas of the historic town center. Partially covered so it is perfect for day or evening. Ideal for quiet reading, cocktails, conversation, and watching twilight and evening fall over San Miguel's historic skyline
- A second terrace has unparalleled views of five of San Miguel's major churches and the western mountain sunsets
- Maid service 3x weekly. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping (if requested). Light cooking (breakfast or an occasional comida) is offered for an extra fee
- Vonage Phone Service for free long distance calling -- Using our dedicated Vonage phone you can make free telephone calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Here is what recent visitors Peter and Jackie from Ontario, Canada had to say about Casa Joya:
'Our very favorite place to stay, Casa Joya has so many wonderful attributes. Among them are its stunning views of the city and the surrounding Sierra, its perfect location so close to the center of San Miguel, and the marvel of the Casa itself, beautifully designed and the terrace is so beautifully lit at night it makes one wonder if its all real. It is so light and airy that the interior and courtyards seem to be one. We spent four weeks their in 2010 and we highly recommend it.'
Keywords: Home, House, Vacation Rental, Vacation Home, San Miguel Rental Home, San Miguel Vacation Rental, San Miguel Vacation Home, Vacation Home San Miguel Centro