San Miguel de Allende House Rental Photos and Description
House, 3 Bedrooms + Sunroom, 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 6-7)
Casa Joya (or 'jewel house'), offers you The Best of Both Worlds with The History of Colonial San Miguel and the Vibrancy of Contemporary Mexico.
- A beautiful, newly constructed home (completed in 2007)
- Designed by internationally renowned San Miguel resident architects House + House
- A showcase of the amazing architecture of Mexico today
- Contemporary styling with walls of glass and high ceilings
- Sunny and full of light, a rare feature in many San Miguel houses.
- Warm, soothing colors
- Stylishly and comfortably furnished
- Regional art throughout
- Wonderful views from inside and out
- Featured in the book, Houses in the Sun
- Selected to be on the SMA House and Garden Tour
Casa Joya is in a wonderful location of the Historic Center:
- Close to all you’d want to see and do but on a quiet residential walkway, away from traffic noise
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Historic Centro
- An easy 10-minute (or less) stroll to the Jardin (the Central Plaza)
- Just 2 blocks from the main Mercado (offering an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers, meat and poultry)
- Just 2 blocks from the wonderful, must-see Artisan Market
Details of the House:
- Three (3) floors and 2500 square ft. offer both a feeling of space and privacy
- Master bedroom on first floor with king bed and en-suite bathroom
- Well equipped kitchen for those who love to cook -- set up for ease and convenience.
- A patio off the kitchen features a dramatic two-story water wall sculpture studded with cobblestones
- Two bedrooms on the 2nd floor: one with a queen bed and the other with two twins. The twin beds can also be converted into a second king bed
- 2nd bathroom has striking tile work and polished concrete details (see photo).
- Family room on the 3rd floor views, flat screen HD TV, DVD player and hidden wet bar. Also has a pull out couch for additional sleeping arrangement.
- Inviting and comfortable roof terrace with wonderful vistas of the historic town center. Partially covered so it is perfect for day or evening. Ideal for quiet reading, cocktails, conversation, and watching twilight and evening fall over San Miguel's historic skyline
- A second terrace has unparalleled views of five of San Miguel's major churches and the western mountain sunsets
- Maid service 3x weekly. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping (if requested). Light cooking (breakfast or an occasional comida) is offered for an extra fee
- Vonage Phone Service for free long distance calling -- Using our dedicated Vonage phone you can make free telephone calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Here is what recent visitors Peter and Jackie from Ontario, Canada had to say about Casa Joya:
'Our very favorite place to stay, Casa Joya has so many wonderful attributes. Among them are its stunning views of the city and the surrounding Sierra, its perfect location so close to the center of San Miguel, and the marvel of the Casa itself, beautifully designed and the terrace is so beautifully lit at night it makes one wonder if its all real. It is so light and airy that the interior and courtyards seem to be one. We spent four weeks their in 2010 and we highly recommend it.'
Keywords: Home, House, Vacation Rental, Vacation Home, San Miguel Rental Home, San Miguel Vacation Rental, San Miguel Vacation Home, Vacation Home San Miguel Centro
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Annie Reutinger
My husband and I have traveled the globe for fun and work our entire 20+ years together. We have homes in San Francisco where we are originally from and now New York where we chose to move because business allowed. When we first saw San Miguel de Allende, it was introduced to us by the architects who remodeled our home in San Francisco in 1999. They own and build many homes in San Miguel and were raving about this absolutely magical 450-year old colonial town in Mexico. We fell under it's spell the first time we visited with our children, bought a piece of land in the historic center, and with these same architects built a dream vacation home for ourselves. We love all things cultural, hence our delight in living outside of NYC, and historical, but wanted a more relaxed environment to get away to. San Miguel fits all of these characteristics like a charm!
Annie Reutinger purchased this house in 2007
Why Annie Reutinger chose San Miguel de Allende
Centro Historic is the epicenter of San Miguel's vibrant life. This area is not only beautiful and historic, but where you will find most of the town's restaurants, cultural events (music, film and lectures), galleries, shopping and it's numerous and not to be missed regional and religious festivals. As San Miguel is truly a walking town, living in and around Centro Historico gives you easy access to all the best of what SMA has to offer and
Casa Joya is perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions easily by foot.
What makes this house unique
We built Casa Joya to be a home away from home, making sure it was comfortable and functional as well as a delight to the eye.
Casa Joya is:
- a beautiful art-filled contemporary Mexican modern home, complete with all the amenities one would want for an extended stay
- in the heart of the Historic Center but in very quiet neighborhood
- perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions by foot. San Miguel is a walking town
- only two short blocks from the famed covered market and artisan shopping district
- just blocks from main square or 'Jardin'
- easy walking distance to numerous restaurants, shopping, antiquing and the epicenter of all regional and artistic festivals
- Vonage phone service -- free calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Guestbook comments from the manager
(From Our Casa Joya Guestbook) Wow, what a trip! What a town! What an experience! We came to San Miguel to celebrate the marriage of 2 friends and this amazing house was only one of the many perks of this destination. This house being designed by the firm House + House is what caught my eye when looking for a place to stay. It was everything I expected and my group loved it just as much. Breakfast in the downstairs courtyard and cocktails on the roof - awesome. I would like to fold this house up, put it in my pocket, and take it home. :) And going to a Mexican Jewish wedding on a beautiful ranch that lasted 12 hours was an experience itself! This little town has been so welcoming and I hope to return many times!