|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Casa Joya (or 'jewel house'), offers you The Best of Both Worlds with The History of Colonial San Miguel and the Vibrancy of Contemporary Mexico.
- A beautiful, newly constructed home (completed in 2007)
- Designed by internationally renowned San Miguel resident architects House + House
- A showcase of the amazing architecture of Mexico today
- Contemporary styling with walls of glass and high ceilings
- Sunny and full of light, a rare feature in many San Miguel houses.
- Warm, soothing colors
- Stylishly and comfortably furnished
- Regional art throughout
- Wonderful views from inside and out
- Featured in the book, Houses in the Sun
- Selected to be on the SMA House and Garden Tour
Casa Joya is in a wonderful location of the Historic Center:
- Close to all you’d want to see and do but on a quiet residential walkway, away from traffic noise
- Located in the UNESCO World Heritage Historic Centro
- An easy 10-minute (or less) stroll to the Jardin (the Central Plaza)
- Just 2 blocks from the main Mercado (offering an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables, flowers, meat and poultry)
- Just 2 blocks from the wonderful, must-see Artisan Market
Details of the House:
- Three (3) floors and 2500 square ft. offer both a feeling of space and privacy
- Master bedroom on first floor with king bed and en-suite bathroom
- Well equipped kitchen for those who love to cook -- set up for ease and convenience.
- A patio off the kitchen features a dramatic two-story water wall sculpture studded with cobblestones
- Two bedrooms on the 2nd floor: one with a queen bed and the other with two twins. The twin beds can also be converted into a second king bed
- 2nd bathroom has striking tile work and polished concrete details (see photo).
- Family room on the 3rd floor views, flat screen HD TV, DVD player and hidden wet bar. Also has a pull out couch for additional sleeping arrangement.
- Inviting and comfortable roof terrace with wonderful vistas of the historic town center. Partially covered so it is perfect for day or evening. Ideal for quiet reading, cocktails, conversation, and watching twilight and evening fall over San Miguel's historic skyline
- A second terrace has unparalleled views of five of San Miguel's major churches and the western mountain sunsets
- Maid service 3x weekly. Cleaning, laundry, and shopping (if requested). Light cooking (breakfast or an occasional comida) is offered for an extra fee
- Vonage Phone Service for free long distance calling -- Using our dedicated Vonage phone you can make free telephone calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Here is what recent visitors Peter and Jackie from Ontario, Canada had to say about Casa Joya:
'Our very favorite place to stay, Casa Joya has so many wonderful attributes. Among them are its stunning views of the city and the surrounding Sierra, its perfect location so close to the center of San Miguel, and the marvel of the Casa itself, beautifully designed and the terrace is so beautifully lit at night it makes one wonder if its all real. It is so light and airy that the interior and courtyards seem to be one. We spent four weeks their in 2010 and we highly recommend it.'
Keywords: Home, House, Vacation Rental, Vacation Home, San Miguel Rental Home, San Miguel Vacation Rental, San Miguel Vacation Home, Vacation Home San Miguel Centro
My husband and I have traveled the globe for fun and work our entire 20+ years together. We have homes in San Francisco where we are originally from and now New York where we chose to move because business allowed. When we first saw San Miguel de Allende, it was introduced to us by the architects who remodeled our home in San Francisco in 1999. They own and build many homes in San Miguel and were raving about this absolutely magical 450-year old colonial town in Mexico. We fell under it's spell the first time we visited with our children, bought a piece of land in the historic center, and with these same architects built a dream vacation home for ourselves. We love all things cultural, hence our delight in living outside of NYC, and historical, but wanted a more relaxed environment to get away to. San Miguel fits all of these characteristics like a charm!
Annie Reutinger purchased this house in 2007
Centro Historic is the epicenter of San Miguel's vibrant life. This area is not only beautiful and historic, but where you will find most of the town's restaurants, cultural events (music, film and lectures), galleries, shopping and it's numerous and not to be missed regional and religious festivals. As San Miguel is truly a walking town, living in and around Centro Historico gives you easy access to all the best of what SMA has to offer and
Casa Joya is perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions easily by foot.
We built Casa Joya to be a home away from home, making sure it was comfortable and functional as well as a delight to the eye.
Casa Joya is:
- a beautiful art-filled contemporary Mexican modern home, complete with all the amenities one would want for an extended stay
- in the heart of the Historic Center but in very quiet neighborhood
- perfectly located to reach any the town's best attractions by foot. San Miguel is a walking town
- only two short blocks from the famed covered market and artisan shopping district
- just blocks from main square or 'Jardin'
- easy walking distance to numerous restaurants, shopping, antiquing and the epicenter of all regional and artistic festivals
- Vonage phone service -- free calls to and from anywhere in the U.S.
Les damos las gracias por permitimos hospedamos en Casa de Joya. Las instalaciones son perfectors y la casa esta sobra decir es Hermosa.
Nos encanto nuestra estancia en San Miguel de Allende. Gracias.
Gracias a los atenciounes Sheila, Annie and Martha.
On our first visit to San Miguel we were fortunate enough to find this unique and lovely house. It is as represented in the photos but even better in person. We loved sitting in the bright and cheery living room for AM coffee, lighting the fireplace on cool mornings. The waterfall wall is not only beautiful but on warm days it is like a cool oasis that comes into the kitchen/living room. The house is filled with art, something interesting around every corner. There is so much to do in San Miguel that we weren't in many evenings but on rainy nights, the den upstairs was cozy and you could enjoy the city views. Our favorite place is the Roof Terrace, overlooking the city. It is beautiful in the afternoon, for sunsets, the afterglow and then as the lights of the city come on and the church bells peal over the city. Up one more flight of stairs and you are on the roof for the most spectacular views possible We especially appreciated the location, near the city center and the Mercado. We walked everywhere but the availability of reasonably priced taxis was a real asset as well. We found many interesting and very good restaurants, important as we are Foodies. We found music everywhere, a wide variety and available every night in some location. There are movies in at least two venues, well priced and recent offerings. Our Mexican neighbors were patient with our non Spanish skills, always helpful.
And perhaps the real magic of San Miguel is the friendly spirit, outgoing people, new friends waiting to be made.
We would definitely recommend this home to friends. We were welcomed by a Representative of the owner, arrangements were made for a driver to meet us at the airport and the owner is responsive and welcoming.
The house has a beautiful architecture with very nice nice terraces that have great views over the city. It's very cozy with great beds and large bath-rooms. Well-equiped and nothing missing. Ideal location to visit this beautiful city.
Spent a week in this artistically tasteful modern mexican home. It was a fantastic home, very comfortable and well equipped with everything that one could want. The location was wonderful, we could walk to anything in town. The rooms were light and airy and we enjoy the vistas from the rooftop, beautiful sunsets and twinkling lights and stars at night. It was located at the end of a small alley so there was no noise from the street. We look forward to returning!
Came down for a wedding with different couples and families renting different homes. Ours was considered the nicest and was where everyone wanted to come to hang out, meet up, etc. We feel we were very lucky to have selected this property. As the sun set we had groups of people on both roof decks and in the lower patio as well. Had to the shoo them out by late evening. Great views outside, lots of great art and design inside. In addition to what everyone else has said in earlier reviews about the place being extremely beautiful, unique and very comfortable we appreciated it being in the center of everything in town, and the wedding activities too which were also centered in the historic district where this residence is. We'll definitely come back to San Miguel on our own and rent this property.
We loved our stay at Casa Joya. This home is both beautiful and comfortable and the roof deck has a gorgeous view. Great location too. A short, easy walk to the Jardin, food shopping, the artisan market and so many of the things we love to do and see in town. We look forward to coming back!
Hola Iona: Casa Joya is truly a beautiful, peaceful home, and yet so close to everything you want to get to on foot. This place is not only in the Centro, but the Centro Historica (even better) so it's walking distance to the covered food market, artists market and the main plaza, El Jardin. What I liked best was the use of space, the angles, colors, shapes of this dramatic place: lots of eye candy, but also very comfortable and relaxing after a long day shopping and visiting wonderful San Miguel. And while cozy and compact, there's enough quiet corners so that each of us could hang out indoors or out on the porches and patios to get some quiet time to read or nap as well (I particularly loved cocktails on the top level crows nest with the sweeping views!) Thanks so much for allowing us to share your home. We'll be back, hopefully soon.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500.00|
|Notes||50% deoosit at booking. Balance 45 days in advance of check-in date.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.