Experience true relaxation, Hawaii-style, on a Kona coffee farm.
* Sweeping ocean views from the Cottage, seen through the fruit trees.
* Private fully-equipped cottage set among coffee and tropical fruit trees overlooking the Kona coast on an eight acre working coffee farm with a few cattle.
* Relax in the rural atmosphere, with the perfume of tropical flowers, and birdsong to wake you.
* Just a few minutes drive down the mountain to snorkeling, diving, beaches, and all the attractions of Kailua-Kona town.
* Cool off in the swimming pool adjacent to your cottage, shared only with your hosts.
Charming wood-built Guest Cottage: Come and enjoy traditional Hawaii at Aina na Hoku Kai Farm, home of Cuppa Kona 100% Kona Coffee. Our Guest Cottage is situated a short distance away from our own home, and, as the only two residences on the farm, you are assured peace and tranquility, with no noisy neighbors to disturb your Hawaii dream. The farm is three miles up the Hualalai mountain from the popular town of Kailua-Kona with all its attractions, restaurants, beaches, snorkeling and diving centers, and more. Driving is on regular roads all the way, no four-wheel-drive tracks to negotiate!
The 800 square foot cottage is built Hawaiian-style, with polished teak and mahogany floors and walls, and expansive windows all around that are screened and furnished with sliding shutters or bamboo blinds and mini blinds.
The bedroom has a comfortable king bed, ample closet space and the floor is a ceramic tile. The living room has a full-size sofa and two day beds and is floored with a teak parquet. The kitchen is equipped with everything you could need (except a regular oven, and food), and there is a shower room and two separate powder rooms. The Cottage at Aina na Hoku Kai Farm is the perfect getaway for two couples, or a family of four, or just a couple who likes to have plenty of room.
We provide Kona coffee from our farm throughout your stay, and the gardens, swimming pool and deck are there for your use at any time.
Mary Lou and Chuck retired to the property in 2002. Chuck's parents had lived on the property for over thirty years. As third generation Kona residents they enjoy sharing their special place, and knowledge of the surrounding, its history and attractions.
We decided to retire on the place that Chuck's parents lived on for over thirty years because the setting and culture provided a unique place for a variety of interests to be pursued.
You will be staying in a rural setting in a well appointed cottage. Our elevation of 1,500 feet provides a cooler setting than along the coast. No heat required, no air conditioning required. Tropical fruit available for the picking as the seasons dictate, wild pheasants, turkeys, and free range chickens to watch. 100% Kona coffee provided, grown and processed from fruit to roasted coffee on the property. Pool is immediately adjacent to the cottage front door. Close to town, beaches, and the highway that goes all the way around the island. Chuck will be glad to run his local antique engines, up to 100 years old, for those interested.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night minimum stay
|Deposit of 25% of total, including taxes to confirm reservation. Balance due on arrival. Payment accepted by cash, personal check, Paypal, money order, Mastercard, VISA, American Express, and Discover cards.
Base rate is for 2 people. $10, plus applicable taxes, per additional person.
|Notes||Hawaii Tax ID number: W00185088-01|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.