Good price, decent house, but with Warnings!
House is decent at a good price, but I’d like to warn whoever that decides to stay there. Also, the pictures he posted are enhanced with Photoshop or a photo editor. I know this for a fact, because if you notice some of the objects have a slight “halo” effect around them. This can easily be done with a high pass effect in Photoshop. So don’t decide based off the pictures.
Brief list, since limited on characters in review:
1. When we arrived, I did a quick check and noticed was some of the lights were burnt out. Called Paul (the owner) and he said that housekeeping was supposed to changed those, but it was oblivious they didn’t do their job.
2. Wife noticed our bed sheet and blanket had a stain on it, again due to housekeeping is my guess. Luckily, she brings an extra bed sheet for this purpose, which I’m glad she does.
3. AC vent lever stuck, air hits you right in the face while you’re sleeping, couldn’t close it, ended up getting sick.
4. Broadband/Wifi/Internet: Extermely slow, ranged between 200kbps-500kbps. So slow that YouTube freezes. So NO to YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. Ended up using my phones tethering feature to do work.
5. Outside speakers: controlled from early 1990’s stereo system in closet of the master bedroom, on/off button held down with tape because it’s loose but wouldn’t matter since it doesn’t even work.
6. Security deposit: Paul did a partial refunded. Charged us for new towel set because he claims 1 hand towel was damaged, but looking at the image he sent, looks like it’s the shadow created by the light behind the person taking the picture to pass it off as dirty or damaged. Not 100% sure, since it’s a bit blurry, but I’m almost certain because I work with Photoshop and images daily. Also, you can get a set of 2-3 of the same towels (hand, washcloth and bath) from bed bath and beyond for less than what he charged. I know because we have one very similar to what he had. He claimed we used 330 Kwh and 6 therms of gas in 3 days? Well, at our house we use average 1000-1500kwh (with AC on) and about 12-20 therms of gas FOR THE WHOLE MONTH, that’s 150kwh (1500kwh/30) and 1.5 therms for 3 days. You do the math.
Bottom line, it’s my fault for not trusting my gut feeling, when I talked to him about the lights. I should have done a through walk-through and wrote everything down (including khw usage) and took pictures. If you decide to stay here, make sure you do, or he’ll end up charging you for things you didn't do.
Helpful votes: 14/16
Did you find this review helpful?