Spectacular Lake Huron View (Especially Sunrises)
Submitted: August 18, 2010
Stayed: August 2010
Amen to all of the compliments already paid to this truly cozy, well appointed cabin and it's owners Mandy and Randy. I'll focus on a few additional points for the benefit of readers.
(1) Daybreak and sunrise over Lake Huron is postcard worthy. At this moment I'm viewing the awesome orange glow illuminating the Eastern horizon. A few seagulls are calmly beckoning as they glide across the lakeshore where gentle waves rhythmically pat the beach. I'm not a morning person, but this scene is too good to miss.
(2) The beach is perfect for lounging, tanning, castle-building, reading, daydreaming, sudokuing, crossword puzzling, or just closing your eyes and deep breathing.
(3) If you enjoy dining on superb lake perch, you should visit Barnacle Bill's on Newman Street in East Tawas. I normally enjoy my fish with tartar sauce and/or ketchup. But the only thing I used to enhance these sweet delicate little filets was lemon juice squeezed from the wedges that accompanied the meal. (The Oberon draft was another delightful part of the meal.)
(4) Ben Franklin's in East Tawas (across and just down the street from Barnacle Bill's) is an extraordinary experience. How those people pack so much interesting even fascinating vacation merchandise into that store is a mystery to me. Among treasures we bought were Mille Bornes, watercolor paints, a solar powered glowing butterfly for the garden at home, and a 750 piece Harley Davidson jigsaw puzzle (we're donating to the games provided in the cabin). WARNING: The puzzle is a challenge if you start from scratch. We've left several chunks still connected to give others a headstart if any would like to take advantage.
(5) Last item: REDBOX at Walmart's North entrance is great for current and some classic DVDs. Mandy and Randy have provided a few for viewing too. Or bring your faces from home to enjoy relaxing together on the comfy couch.
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?