Winter Park Condo Rental Photos and Description
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath, (Sleeps 6)
Our Winter Park, Colorado condo has all the amenities:
* Largest one-bedroom layout--6 adults can sleep and socialize comfortably
* Full-size kitchen with granite countertops and new appliances
* 55' LED TV with Blu Ray
* Living room is comfortable and spacious--relax in front of the fireplace!
* Pool and hot tub right down the hall
* Full-service restaurant in the building (seasonal, currently open during ski season only)--La Collina Kitchen + Wine Bar is an Italian wine bar with great wines by the glass and craft beers (www.lacollinawinebar.com)
* Private deck connects to large patio with mountain views
* Comfortable queen-size bed with mountain views and brand new Simmons mattress set, plus a Murphy bed and pull-out couch with upgraded memory foam mattress for comfort
* Ski Depot just outside our door--rent your skis here or store them overnight for no charge
* Shuttle stop just outside--one stop to the base area (or just ski there!)
Six people sleep here comfortably. Some large groups staying in multiple locations have used our condo as a main gathering area, meeting for a group breakfast before a day of skiing, or for drinks after.
The Iron Horse is located at the base of the mountain between the Winter Park and Mary Jane sides of the ski area. We're a short walk or shuttle bus ride to the main base area, which features brand new shops and restaurants (we recommend the Cheeky Monk if you like Belgian food or beer).
The Iron Horse has two hot tubs onsite, an indoor/outdoor heated pool, and a steam room, with luxury locker rooms included for your use. There's also a fully outfitted exercise room with weights and cardio machines. For meals, visit the Iron Horse Bistro, just off the lobby--the menu ranges from burgers to duck a la orange, and they have a great wine list.
Winter Park is the third largest ski resort in Colorado and one of only 10 U.S. ski resorts highlighted in the New York Times' 2010 Ski Guide. It's known internationally as a mountain for serious skiers, with plenty of good runs for beginners and novices too. There is a massive terrain park with half pipe, rails and jumps. There are also separate beginner and intermediate terrain parks. If you're renting equipment, ask about our Ski Depot discounts!
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
About Kirsten Liston
Ned fell in love with skiing as an adult and moved to Colorado in 1999. Although he owns another ski condo in Breckenridge, he spends most of his time at Winter Park. Kirsten arrived in Colorado a few years ago after a lifetime in the Midwest and on the East Coast. She is an enthusiastic beginning skier.
Kirsten Liston purchased this condo in 2009
Why Kirsten Liston chose Winter Park
We looked at new construction at the base, and instead decided to find a great floor plan with a great location and improve it to match the new decor elements. A slight remove from the base means more of a mountain feel (no view of parking lot or commercial buildings). Short indoor walk to the ski corridor, and everything you need onsite, yet a short walk or shuttle to the base.
What makes this condo unique
We remodeled the unit entirely. One thing we love is the raised bar off the kitchen counter, with a leathered granite surface, a great place to hang out.