This cabin in Western Maine is our favorite vacation spot. The modernized lodging fits so well on our 7 acre piece of land. It is every bit as peaceful as you would hope the backwoods of Maine to be like while still being a short drive from shops, groceries, and restaurants.
The high points of our property/cabin are:
- The secluded Maine woods
- A private trout pond with a fountain in the summer
- Shared/private access and dock on Rangeley Lake with golf carts for transportation.
- Basement recreation activities like pool, bumper pool/poker table, slot machines w/fake coins.
- Two Full Kitchens (The main one upstairs and a smaller one downstairs)
- Close proximity to Rivers Edge Sports, Saddleback Ski Resort, Sugarloaf Ski Resort, and downtown Rangeley.
We love the activities in the summer; i.e. fishing, hiking, boating, swimming, golf. We also love the winter activities; i.e., snowmobiling, skiing, sledding, and even snowshoeing. The wildlife never disappoints and it always peaceful.
I have been in the Financial Services industry for 27 years now. I am active in the local Rotary Club, Scottish Rite, and I do host a financial talk show on a local radio station.
My wife's family used to travel to Maine when they were young. It became a tradition to go every year even as our kids grew older. When all the whole family went to Maine, I started envisioning owning property myself up there. When my mother passed away, she left an inheritance to me. I decided to use that money on something that would stay in the family for generations and carry a family legacy. It was then that we started seriously looking for land. In 2003, everything miraculously fell into place and we could not be more blessed to be stewards of such a beautiful piece of heaven.