This special newly renovated guest quarters is the perfect place for a romantic interlude or a home base to spend some time near the Sea, writing,painting, and exploring the incredible coastline just outside the door.
The location of this guest quarters can't be beat. It is so close to the water you can see the waves hitting the rocks, and the great smells of the Sea are sure to win you over. The beautiful views from the master bedroom will help you linger in the comfortable King Bed with top quality linens.
There is a separate Master bedroom and a large great room with kitchen, dining area and living area with an electric fireplace, Flat screened T.V., Sleeper Pottery Barn style sofa and chair all decorated in stylish colors
There is a grassy park perfect for kids across the street and lover's point is just a short walk and has one of the few wind protected beaches in the area and perfect for picnics and small children.
This area has so much to do that you could spend a month and still not see or experience everything. The beauty of the area is breathtaking from Monterey to Big Sur lies some of the most scenic Ocean Drives and Vistas. Starting in Pacific Grove there is the 9 mile Beach Trail that winds it way along the coast going thru Cannery Row home to the famous Monterey Aquarium and numerous restaurants, shops and wine tasting. There are numerous other Restaurants, Music and Outdoor Theatre and small Playhouses in the area. This area is a haven for Artists and Musicians, Every weekend there are events and every day of the week there is a farmers market. Many of the towns have special weekends for families such as April Days and Feast of Lanterns. There are races, cars and bikes. Watch the AT&T Pro Am Golf Tournament in February; Concours d'Elegance and Monterrey Historic Automobile races in August; Enjoy many local festival including Monterrey Jazz Festival in September and Carmel Bach Festival
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
WHEN RENTED ALONG WITH MAIN HOUSE DURING SUMMER, HOLIDAYS OR SPECIAL EVENTS (SEE DATES ABOVE), THE GUEST HOUSE WILL BE DISCOUNTED TO $200/NIGHT (plus cleaning and tax). FOR ALL OTHER SEASONS THE DISCOUNTED RATE IS $175 PER NIGHT. This pricing update current as of 1/24/13. IF RENTED WITH MAIN HOUSE DURING THE CONCOURS D'ELEGANCE, GUEST HOUSE RATE WILL BE DISCOUNTED TO $2000 FOR THE WEEK (7 NIGHT MINIMUM)
OWNER IS FIRM ON THEIR MINIMUM NUMBER OF NIGHTS AND RATES DURING THE SUMMER SEASON AND HOLIDAYS (LAST MINUTE SPECIALS WITHIN 7 DAYS OF ARRIVAL ARE THE EXCEPTION AND ARE EXPLAINED ABOVE)
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning, damage waiver, and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent: $75 for up to 3 nights; $100 for 4-6 nights; $125 for 7 or more nights. (Add $25 to this total if sleeper sofa is used.)
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with the owner of the rental and paying for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
*When rented with main house see seasonal rates noted at the top of this section; otherwise normal VRConnection seasonal and holiday rates apply. To receive this discount the stay nights must be the same as the main house.
*Contract for Guest Quarters should clearly state whether it is being rented separately or in conjunction with Main House
*A maximum of 3 adults (or 2 adults and 2 small children) in Guest Quarters
*Combined number of guests if both main house and guest house are rented is not to exceed 14 without owner's permission, and no more than 9 adults in main house and 3 in guest house (so if you have 14 guests at least 2 must be children).
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
*Guest cottage is on second floor. Please call to discuss options if you have someone in your party who is unable to climb stairs easily.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $55 instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval unless it is a Last Minute Special.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $25 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.