Video Tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYF6wVP-NOI
This spacious, 3 story, 2200 sf home has been completely remodeled with attention to detail and is the perfect Home-Away -from-Home for couples, families, reunions, & friends getting together to enjoy one of the most beautiful areas on the Monterey Peninsula! Pacific Grove, home of the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary & the Monterey Bay Aquarium & famous Golf Courses!
This charming turn of the century house is only two blocks to downtown Pacific Grove with award winning restaurants, cafe's, bakeries, numerous coffee houses, a movie cinema, art galleries, a bookstore/coffee house with live entertainment and many specialty shops including vintage clothing, antique stores, an ice cream shop and a Monday Farmer's Market with organic produce, local crafts & food. This area has so much to do that you could spend a month & still not see or experience everything. The beauty of the area is breathtaking from Monterey to Big Sur!
On the first floor there is a solarium with views of the gardens and fountains from both ends as well as an open floor plan that includes a dining area with a large wooden table perfect to share a meal or sit around and drink coffee and enjoy good conversation.
There is a formal parlor-living room, a fireplace room crafted from local Carmel stone and is perfect for sitting on the comfortable couch and relaxing with a glass of wine or curled up with a good novel. There is also a game room/library, and a fully equipped kitchen along with a laundry room and full bathroom with a claw foot tub.
On the second floor there is a TV room with a sectional couch large enough for everyone to watch a movie or sports game and includes a pull out sofa bed. The billiard room has a full size pool table and is located next to the TV room making it perfect for socializing and having fun.
There are 3 bedrooms that include a queen bed, one with a double bed, and one also with a double bed and sofa bed (single). There is a full bathroom with a claw foot tub/shower that is accessible to all three bedrooms.
The third floor is the Master Suite and this space is like being in the tree tops with beautiful sunsets and sunrises that can be seen from the windows and balcony. The master suite has it's own large sitting area, master bathroom with deep soaking tub, and wonderful bay views.
The queen bed has a heated mattress cover pad and a select comfort bed air mattress. Both are dual controlled and optional. You can count on a great night sleep high above the tree tops with the salt air smells rafting from the near by Bay. This space is as big as a studio apartment.
Guests will love the special treats and amenities such as the bottle of wine or sparkling cider (upon request), tasty cheese and fruit plate
Guests may choose to have daily cleaning service, in house massage by some of the best professionals in the area, private chef/catering as well as concierge services.
We look forward to welcoming you with open hearts and sharing this wonderful home with you. While this house is unique in that it has so many wonderful rooms and is suited for larger groups, it also can be perfect for a couple who just uses the master suite on the third floor and main level first floor.
Whatever the occasion might be we are excited to share this special home and the beautiful surrounding areas.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
*Please Note that the Owner does not accept any rentals less than 3 nights under any circumstances.
* The owner does not discount rates or waive fees
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $250 1-9 guests, $300 10-14 guests and $350 for 14-16 guests.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with the owner of the rental and paying for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Damage Waiver $75.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 3 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.