Stunning Unique 1896 Neo-Federalist Mansion. Approximately 6000 square feet on a lot nearly 1/2 acre in size. In the prestigious Professor's Row section of Cambridge, steps from the Harvard campus and easy walking distance to Harvard Square. Fully restored for modern living in 2007-2008, including a built-in stereo system throughout the house.
– Enter into a breathtaking three-floor high entry, center hallway flanking a large living room on one side, dining room on other, both with fireplaces.
– First floor rear anchored by a chef's kitchen that opens through a wall of windows onto the lush outdoor terrace and huge backyard - kitchen has carerra marble counters, all custom bleached wood cabinetry, top of the line appliances including Sub-Zero wine refrigerator and ice maker, pantry cabinets wrapping around to side entrance and mudroom.
– A large family room with fireplace that opens on to a back deck - and a separate powder room - complete the first floor.
– Second floor features a large library with custom built-in shelving, a separate private office opening on to private deck, both with fireplaces, and a private powder room.
– Second floor full en suite guest area with fireplace, completely new bathroom, and large closets.
– Second floor is completed by two "maid's rooms" that can be converted to children's bedrooms or used for storage.
– Third floor master suite includes:
• stunning master bedroom with fireplace and built in sound system
• completely new luxurious master bath with soaking tub and glass-enclosed shower opening to
• a private gym with built in water-filtered sink, Sub-zero refrigerator drawers, sound system,
and mounted television
• full built-in custom-designed separate dressing room
-Third floor also includes a second en suite bedroom with fireplace and bath
-Third floor is completed with a full laundry
-Large basement will hold all storage
-Single car garage at the end of a long driveway that accommodates several more cars
-Significant landscaped back yard with several terrace levels
-All on a quiet one-block long side street
In all, currently set up with 3 en suite bedrooms each with its own full bath with the possibility of converting maids' rooms to extra bedrooms. Living room, dining room, kitchen, library, office, family room, gym, 2 additional powder rooms, 8 fireplaces in total (3 wood burning, 5 decorative).
The house is furnished with mid-century modern furnishings and art and has been published in design magazines.
I am a professor at Harvard.
The Owner purchased this house in 2007