Stunning Unique 1896 Neo-Federalist Mansion. Approximately 6000 square feet on a lot nearly 1/2 acre in size. In the prestigious Professor's Row section of Cambridge, steps from the Harvard campus and easy walking distance to Harvard Square. Fully restored for modern living in 2007-2008, including a built-in stereo system throughout the house.
– Enter into a breathtaking three-floor high entry, center hallway flanking a large living room on one side, dining room on other, both with fireplaces.
– First floor rear anchored by a chef's kitchen that opens through a wall of windows onto the lush outdoor terrace and huge backyard - kitchen has carerra marble counters, all custom bleached wood cabinetry, top of the line appliances including Sub-Zero wine refrigerator and ice maker, pantry cabinets wrapping around to side entrance and mudroom.
– A large family room with fireplace that opens on to a back deck - and a separate powder room - complete the first floor.
– Second floor features a large library with custom built-in shelving, a separate private office opening on to private deck, both with fireplaces, and a private powder room.
– Second floor full en suite guest area with fireplace, completely new bathroom, and large closets.
– Second floor is completed by two "maid's rooms" that can be converted to children's bedrooms or used for storage.
– Third floor master suite includes:
• stunning master bedroom with fireplace and built in sound system
• completely new luxurious master bath with soaking tub and glass-enclosed shower opening to
• a private gym with built in water-filtered sink, Sub-zero refrigerator drawers, sound system,
and mounted television
• full built-in custom-designed separate dressing room
-Third floor also includes a second en suite bedroom with fireplace and bath
-Third floor is completed with a full laundry
-Large basement will hold all storage
-Single car garage at the end of a long driveway that accommodates several more cars
-Significant landscaped back yard with several terrace levels
-All on a quiet one-block long side street
In all, currently set up with 3 en suite bedrooms each with its own full bath with the possibility of converting maids' rooms to extra bedrooms. Living room, dining room, kitchen, library, office, family room, gym, 2 additional powder rooms, 8 fireplaces in total (3 wood burning, 5 decorative).
The house is furnished with mid-century modern furnishings and art and has been published in design magazines.
I am a professor at Harvard.
Property is located just off the Harvard campus in the prestitious "professor's row" area of Cambridge. Walking distance to Harvard Yard and Harvard Square, including all museums, theatres, restaurants, shopping, etc.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.