A glorious 2-story Great Room centers the home, surrounded by windows, huge deck. Gourmet cherry/stainless steel kitchen, cozy plush living-room, dining area seating 12, wood floors, tiled entry foyer, ½ bath. Floating above dining area, a graceful bridge leads to a second floor balcony with breathtaking vantage point for amazing sunsets! Ample Master bedroom suite, with private balcony, double closets, office, and a “dream” bathroom. Additional bedrooms include a romantic queen and a 4-bed “dormitory” room, each with its own bath. Ground floor den/TV room offers additional sleeping for 2 on a sleep sofa, bringing the comfortable total to 10. Walk down your private stairs to the ever-changing Bay. Bike, drive or walk to one of many Cape freshwater ponds, park with playground and amenities or the Cape Cod National Seashore, 30+ miles of dunes and beach. Bike the 27-mile trail. Whalewatch or people-watch in Provincetown, just 1/2-hour drive. Convenient to shopping, theatres, recreation.
Details about kitchen, baths, bedrooms: - The kitchen is our dream kitchen! We chose all the things we always wanted: Viking 6-burner stove with extra low and extra high; French-door refrigerator with pull-out freezer drawer, ice maker and cold water delivery; 2 islands - one for cooking, one for eating, with vessel bar sink; all quartz countertops, cherry cabinets, stainless steel uppers with glass fronts. Fully equipped with new dishes, flatware, pots and appliances.
- Floors throughout the Great Room and halls, including the kitchen, are a gorgeous engineered 'green' wood flooring (Eucalyptus) that looks like cherry but is kinder to the Earth. Bathroom and entry foyers are tiled for easy cleaning and sand management! Bedrooms are lushly carpeted, made of natural (cane sugar) fibers, with coordinated colors, each with private bath and plenty of closet space.
- Master Bath has 2 vessel sinks, cherry cabinets, glass tiling, 5x5 shower stall and separate toilet room.
- Laundry room conveniently located on main floor.
Setting: Our Heaven on the Bay: If you have not experienced the Cape Cod Bay during its changes of tide, it is hard to describe how enchanting it is. At high tide, the waves lap against the sand, like the ocean but more gentle and much warmer! As the tide recedes, the sand flats grow, with rippled patterns and tidal pools that reflect the sun's changing colors. Clamming, kite-flying and all manner of beach sports replace the water sports for those hours each day, and families walk end to end or straight out to the sea, savoring the expanse of beautiful shapes and colors - and you can experience all of this either down on the Bay (via our own beach stairs) or from the vantage point of our breezy deck. There is so much to do in the surrounding area - but you may be content to stay right where you are! One more obvious and important feature: you are surrounded by freshwater ponds (explore the hidden jewels in the woods) - and Atlantic beaches of the Cape just 2 miles. Pond beach facility at Wiley Park is 1/2-mile away.
Green building - the start of a new era: Our family has summered on the Cape for 2 decades. When it came to replacing our charming (but rotting...) old shack with a new home (one to which we can retire someday!), we thought long and hard about the effect we wanted to have. We treasure the fragile Cape eco-system - so we used a geothermal heat pump and radiant water floor heat, Eucalyptus floors (a quick-growing tree similar in impact to bamboo - but a lot prettier!), natural-fiber (sugar cane!) carpeting, dual-flush toilets, and solar panels that collect electricity and send it back into the local grid. We have also entered into a 3-year coastal bank restoration project by replenishing sand erosion and removing invasive plants to replace them gradually with native species. You will not find a more comfortable and stunning house anywhere - but you will also have the satisfaction of knowing that your 'footprint' has been greatly reduced by the green components of this vacation home.
- Less than 2 miles by bike or car to the Atlantic beaches of the protected National Seashore , including Marconi, Coastguard, Nauset and Nauset Light.
- Numerous freshwater ponds surround us, including one an easy walk or bike ride away. Short drive or bike ride to Herringbrook Pond and Nickerson State Park, with its paths, campgrounds and kettle ponds.
- Cape Cod bike path (27 miles long) just 1 mile away.
- Public library, convenience store, ice cream, local music and flea markets all within a mile.
- Restaurants within 2 miles include: grill, pizza, Thai, deli, donuts, coffee shop, etc.
- Small, convenient grocery stores within a mile, large full-service shopping areas within 5.
- Near local rep theaters, fresh- and salt-water sports, movie theaters (including one of the last drive-ins in America!).
- Nearby towns include: Wellfleet, Orleans, Truro, Provincetown, Chatham, Hyannis. Drive less than 2 hours to Boston or Providence, or by bus using Barnstable/Hyannis Travel
Other Activities: Drive-in movies!, rep theatres, kayaking, bird-watching, historical exploration, environmental exploration, gym, yoga classes, children's day camps
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.