Kill Devil Hills House Rental Photos and Description
4 bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, loft area w/futon, sleeps 9
Bring the boat or jet skis! Sunset Escape is a beautifully furnished 2400 SF canal-front home located in the private gated community of Colington Harbour. The rental price includes the use of 2 tandem kayaks and adult sized life vests. This property has all the luxuries of home such as high-speed Internet with wifi, bluray DVD player and several flat screen cable TVs. THREE OF THE BEDROOMS HAVE PRIVATE BATHS. It is the perfect home for boating, kayaking, fishing, crabbing & relaxing. The neighborhood soundside beach w/playground & pool is perfect for the kids. A wonderful escape offering privacy with lots to do and is close to Wright Brothers Memorial, grocery stores, restaurants & bars, and a movie theater.
The neighborhood soundside beach is about a 1 mile from our home and the Kill Devil Beach with public access and bathhouse is 5 miles away. The neighborhood pool is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. After Labor Day the pool will typically be open during weekends in September, weather permitting.
*** MANY MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE ***: SEE LINK TO OUR PROPERTY SLIDESHOW (The link is located near bottom of page above 'Property Review' section
Please note this is a Friday-to-Friday rental ONLY during the Summer months. Partial week stays are only considered during non peak times and we have a THREE night minimum. Check-in time is 3 PM with a check-out by 11 AM.
- THE LISTED RATES ARE THE TOTAL RENTAL COST AND INCLUDE CLEANING FEE AND TAXES. AN ADDITIONAL, REFUNDABLE $350 SECURITY DEPOSIT IS ALSO REQUIRED. There will be a 3% convenience fee for any payments made by credit card.
- GUESTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BRINGING THEIR OWN LINENS. There are local businesses in the area which provide linen rental services, as well as rental bikes, additional kayaks, baby equipment, etc. Please indicate if interested.
- RENTAL PAYMENT TERMS: 50% Rental Amount due with signed rental agreement to secure week. Remaining balance & Security Deposit are due 45 days prior to arrival. For arrivals less than 45 days away, the full amount, including security deposit, is due to reserve home.
- LAUNCH FEES: The approximate Colington Harbour launch fee is $25 for the week or $10/day for guests who opt bring their own boats or jet skis.
- NO PETS, NO FAMILY GROUPS WITH MORE THAN 9 PEOPLE AND PLEASE NOTE OUR MIN STAY REQUIREMENTS.
- pets not allowed
- non smoking only
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
Dear Guests - Thank you for considering our home for your vacation! My name is Yvonne Scott and my husband's name is Stan. We have two children, ages 19 and 15. We live in Fairfax County in Northern Virginia. I work full time in the software industry but also have a background in real estate. Stan owns an electrical contracting business. We all love the Outer Banks area as we really enjoy boating and being on the water. As a family we also enjoy skiing too.
Stan and I have been vacationing in the Outer Banks for almost 30 years now. We discovered Colington Harbour back in 2005 afer we purchased our Waverunner jet skis. We wanted to bring our jet skis on vacation with us and we discovered Colington Harbour is the perfect neighborhood where you can rent an affordable home and have your own dock. We also really enjoy fishing and crabbing. Being on the water away from the beach crowds is very relaxing but yet it's close enough to visit the beach attractions and restaurants. For several years we rented homes in Colington for our annual summer vacation. After a few years and a soft real estate market we decide to invest in a second home property. One day hope to retire at our home.