The location of Maui Kamaole in sunny south Kihei is ideal. It is an upscale property that bridges the casual charm of Kihei and the elegance of the many 5* resorts in Wailea just two blocks away. It is close to the restaurants, shops and the championship golf courses of Wailea and Makena. The spectacular Wailea Ocean Walking Trail is a short walk south. Across the street is one of Maui’s finest beaches, Kamaole Beach Park III, with picnic areas and a beautiful sandy beach where you can swim, snorkel, boogie board, surf or just relax in the sun or under one of the many shade trees. Lots of turtles frequent the waters around this beach. Kahului Airport is only 25 minutes away. The resort offers an on-site check-in agent with concierge services with brochures of activities and restaurants.
When we purchased this non-smoking unit in mid-November of 2009, it was totally empty, allowing us to designer decorate and furnish it with all new items. We completed furnishing the unit in May 2010 and performed additional upgrades in June 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012, Nov 2013, June 2014 and Oct 2014. This year in addition to replenishing items having minor wear and touching up the paint and carpet cleaning several times we added a HDTV DVR so you can now record your favorite programs and added a subscription to a lot of full HDTV programs. Most units only have analog channels even if they say they have a HDTV. In early August 2012 we also upgraded our clothes washer and drier. Previously, ours like most units come with a small combo washer drier which had only a 1.5 cu. ft washer and a 2.5 cu. ft. drier. We have just added a new Samsung stackable front load washer and drier which have 3.5 and 7.3 cu ft capacity which lets you spend less of your vacation time doing laundry. In Dec 2012 we got a new 55 in Panasonic HDTV for the great room and put a 52 in Sharp HDTV to the master BR and a 37 in HDTV to the other master BR. Our smallest TV is now larger than most units big TV. In looking at all the other 2 BR units on vrbo, I found no other unit with larger than a 44 in TV. In June 2013 we again totally refreshed the unit and added a new larger Stainless Steel Refrigerator and added even more sports equipment. In Oct & Nov of 2013, June 2014 and Oct 2014 we replaced the water heater, installed a new SS Dishwasher, added a new kitchen faucet and did numerous preventative maintenance upgrades.
Unlike most MK units built in the late ‘80s, this unit was completed in 2002, lived in only 2 months per year until Jan 2010. Many units say that they have been remodeled, most don’t say when! This unit has 2 Master Bedroom Suites and has been newly painted, carpeted and designer furnished and appointed with all the comforts of home. It is in a quiet location with very convenient parking. It has three private lanais. The main lanai, with a large retractable motorized awning (less than 30% of the 2BR units have this), provides a view of the lovely gardens, the ocean to the west and spectacular sunsets. The unit is close to the nicer of the two pools (the tropical pool), and close to the two tennis courts and it is away from the noise of the very busy Kihei Road.
The great room is open, spacious and bright. It includes living room, dining area and kitchen. Features that set our unit apart from most other MK units include:
· Totally refurbished in 2010 including new carpeting, all new Black Label Beautyrest beds, new bedding and all new furniture and kitchenware, with numerous upgrades since then.
· The main spacious private lanai has a motorized 8 x 18 ft retractable awning to allow comfortable seating on even the hottest days. It has a patio table that will seat 6 and a comfortable chaise lounge.
· Three 1080P LCD HDTV’s including a 55 in Panasonic in the great room, a 52” Sharp in one master BR and a 37” in the downstairs master BR, and a third 37 in HDTV in the second master bedroom. Unlike most units which have at most basic analog tv channels ( less than 70) with at most 7 HD channels with no real channel guide, we have just added a new Digital Video Recorder (DVR) recorder and over 300 channels of TV, including 35+ in full HD. Most condos provide analog service only (Why have HDTV with no HD channels)? With the DVR you can also record your favorite shows while you are out at the beach or doing other activities.
· A Sony PlayStation 3 with several games and over 125 stored movies (most in HD) and a BluRay HD DVD player
· An additional Sony DVD player with an additional library of 65+ movies on DVD. Includes whale watching DVD and a CD for car use which narrates the Road to Hana.
· High speed secure wireless internet (WiFi) as well as an Ethernet port.
· Two stereo's (one with IPod/IPhone docking station) and one with an MP3 player input with a large library of CDs (35+), including a good Hawaiian music library.
· A safe to secure your valuables
· A supply of books, guidebooks, jigsaw puzzles and games.
. 2 porta-cribs, baby swing, baby bath tub and two Booster chairs for young children, with trays to make them like a high chair.
· Most MK units have window type A/C units that are noisy. Our BR’s are cooled by a modern split A/C unit where the noisy compressor and condenser are outside, making for a much quieter system.
· Our sports utility closet is truly exceptional, greatly exceeding most if not all other condos. We have provided 6+ beach towels, 14+ sets of snorkels/masks/fins, 3+ boogie boards, 6 sets of various size beach shoes, 4 noodles, 5 quality beach chairs, 3 beach umbrellas + 1 beach tent, lots of beach toys for kids & toddlers, 5 tennis and 3 badminton rackets, 4 beach SmashBall racquets, Frisbees, 3 different size ice chests and a full size backpack for serious hikers.
· There is a wireless telephone/answering machine with free local and long distance service (US, Canada and Mexico).
The fully equipped kitchen has a coffeemaker, blender, mixer, waffle iron, Wok, toaster oven and rice maker as well as all new dinnerware, glasses, pots/pans and utensils. Glasses includes sets for white wine, red wine, champagne, martinis and Mai Tai's.
The dining set seats 6+ and there is also a large 6 person table for dining on the lanai while you are watching the great sunsets. Of course there are also amenities such as a hair dryer, washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, etc.
The upstairs Master Suite is beautifully appointed with a King-size bed, 52 ”flat screen HDTV with remote control and DVD player, and private shaded atrium. In Oct 2014 we added a door to the upstairs MBR to make in easier to keep cool. The bathroom has a spacious shower and twin sinks. The main level Master Suite has 2 twin beds, which can be converted to a king bed, if you prefer, and a 37 in HDTV. Both bedrooms have black out drapes which allow you to sleep in if you want, most condos have just sheer drapes. The bathroom has a tub/shower and the stacked washer/dryer. A queen size sofa sleeper, inflatable queen bed, a thick twin sleeping mat and two portacribs are also provided. ALL THE BEDS ARE NEW AND COMFORTABLE!! Bedding and linens are luxurious and comfortable (sheets are 700+ thread count)
We have tried to think of everything to make your stay (and ours) comfortable, and memorable. As the locals say, “Maui no ka oi” or Maui is the best!
In comparing our unit to others here are some of the big differences:
o 70+% of the 2 BR units are ~20% smaller
o Less than 30% have a retractable awning to keep the patio cool
o We have a dining table that sits 6 inside and another 6 seater on the patio. Most have tables that only sit 4
o All of our furnishings are upscale and really nice, not 'Rental Unit' quality. Look closely at our photos vs those of other units.
o We provide real glassware with glasses for red & white wine, champagne, martini's etc. All kitchen utensils and silverware are of high quality with knives which are kept sharp
o We have a full size washer and dryer, 3X the capacity of other units, making doing wash much faster
o We have 3 HDTV's (55, 52 and 37 inch) making for more pleasant viewing. The 55 in is set up to allow you to preview all your photos and is connected to the internet and has a Digital Video Recorder to allow you to record shows and watch them later. Each TV has a DVD player (2 are BluRay)
o We have a large library (200+) of kid and adult movies, many in HD
o We have a large music library featuring Hawaiian music
o We have a Playstation 3 to play games and BlueRay DVD's
o We have a huge collection of snorkel gear, boogie boards, ice chests, beach toys, tennis racquets, etc to help you enjoy your stay with no additional cost
o We have lots of infant and toddler items like a 2 portable cribs, baby swing, 2 high chairs, kids toys, kids movies, etc
o Everything is tastefully designed and decorated
o Everything is kept new, fresh and extremely clean
o Multiple sleeping options
o All of our reviews are 5* and we have never had a complaint