Brightwood Cabin Rental Photos and Description
Cabin, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 1.5 Baths, (Sleeps up to 5 guests)
*For a view of the views and setting from the riverside of the cabin, please see our video tab at the top of the page*
Panoramic views of the Sandy River from the great room, dining room and kitchen.
An unforgettable mountain retreat where the views, sounds and smells of the river and trees will reconnect you to your senses….
Sink into the serene and charming Wildwood River Cabin - an ideal mountain getaway less than an hour's drive from Downtown Portland. Just a few feet in front of the Sandy River, the cabin sits nearly secluded on its aged lot amongst towering fir, pine and cedar trees. From the great room you will see and hear the water as it gently winds its way down the mountain.
The knotty pine walls, vaulted ceilings and custom pine woodwork throughout the cabin make it an especially warm and cozy retreat for you and your loved ones. The open great room includes a clear-glass woodstove and a wall of windows offering a panoramic view of the river through the wildwoods. Outside, take a soak in the hot tub under the trees while sinking into the sights, smells and sounds of the mountain.
We warmly welcome you to the Wildwood River Cabin for a treat that will relax and restore you...
* Wow! We love this place with its abundant serenity and charm. You’ve done a wonderful job putting this cabin together, very thoughtful and concerned that all who are here have an enjoyable stay. Your love and sensitivity are pervasive in this cabin. Thank you for creating this refuge from a crazy world. We feel renewed and recharged to face it again.
Many blessings, Doug and Teresa
* Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. Just a few weeks here, oh no, it was just a few days that felt like weeks of calm and peace. Can’t wait to return to your wonderful river retreat!
Linda & Christy & Lucille P.S. A very dog-friendly place.
* What a beautiful home you have here! We were in awe as we entered the cabin. The entire setting was restful and replenished the spirit. Our family had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Thank you. We hope to be back again.
The Mellin Family
* What a perfect peaceful honeymoon spot after a frantic wedding-planning month! We spent most of the week in the kitchen (and hot tub!) We will miss the sound of the river and the silence of the cell phones! We’ll be back for anniversaries!!
The Brand-New Vogt’s
* This place is so beautiful we did not want to leave. The kids and dog had so much fun playing in the yard with the snow and throwing rocks in the river. Thank you for sharing your home!
The Kind Carson Family
* The view out of the window every morning is so peaceful and serene. The weekend was the calm and restful mini vacation that we were really needing. Thank you, we will be back.
Dave and Terri
* Wonderful, splendid, pleasant, amazing, beautiful, cozy, warm… The sound of the river is soothing to my ears… the kitchen was too inviting, ate way too much good food, hot tub was hot, river was cold…the warmth of the surroundings made us both feel at home. The selection of games in the closet is fantastic.. Yahtzee is my new favorite game, as were the horseshoes.. so much fun!! Got a lot accomplished before 10am.. more than back in the city! Will definitely be back soon…best wishes Adam & Suzy
*Thank you for a lovely place to enjoy this beautiful wilderness. We’ll be back again and again. – Jen & Pete
*Wonderful. Relaxing. Idylic. Rested – couldn’t ask for more. Warm Thanks, Zoe & Lura
Keywords: Charming,Private,Cozy,Riverfront Cabin
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
I'm a small business owner living with my family in Portland Oregon. I practice Acupuncture + Chinese Medicine and absolutely LOVE the outdoors! Pictured here with me is our son Jensen and our malamute puppy Akino. :)
Lili purchased this cabin in 2007
Why Lili chose Brightwood
We chose Mount Hood because of it's proximity to Portland and all of the wonderful outdoor activities available there. In less than an hour we can be up at the cabin enjoying the hot tub by the river!
We chose the property because out of all of the properties on the market at the time, this one by far had the best views of the river and the most privacy/ seclusion. The sounds of the river too were so loud you could even here them throughout the cabin!
What makes this cabin unique
This property is stunning - we fell in love the moment we passed from the driveway side of the property to the river side of the property. Evergreens and poplars cover almost the full acre of land, the views and sounds of the river were so potent and in front of the cabin across the river there is green space - all giving my partner and I the sense that we were a million miles from the Portland although we'd been in the office only a hour or so before getting there!
Words, even pictures, can't fully describe what a peaceful and restorative experience this place offers. This, combined with the fact that it takes less than an hour to get there from downtown Portland, and we were sold!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Wow! We love this place with its abundant serenity and charm. You’ve done a wonderful job putting this cabin together, very thoughtful and concerned that all who are here have an enjoyable stay. Your love and sensitivity are pervasive in this cabin. Thank you for creating this refuge from a crazy world. We feel renewed and recharged to face it again.
Many blessings, Doug and Teresa