If your looking for a place to get in some turns at the local ski area. Maybe you would like to jump on the groomed cross country trail for a great workout. You could rent a snowmobile or make your own snowshoe tracks as the outdoorwinter experience waits for you. With Shanty Creek 5 minutes away and activities outside your door. The time is now to get away. With so many options it's hard not to find one that will have you smiling and making memories that will last forever. Gather back at the house and have a campfire that allows you to reflect on the days activties or hit some local hot spots to enjoy the easy pace that a small town has to offer. Come and stay with us and you will see that the hardest part of your stay is the time when you have to pack up and go.
Located at the Hawks Eye Golf Course & Resort, this new home is situated on the 13th green of the golf course. Hawks Eye Golf Course is one of Northern Michigan's most popular golf destinations. There are many great courses right in the area. The Chief, Shanty Creek (The Legend) and Cedar River, just to name a few. It's only 30 minutes from Boyne Mountain and 45 minutes from Traverse City. Nearby boating on the Chain of Lakes which includes beautiful Torch Lake (15 minutes away) and Lake Bellaire (5 minutes away) as well as Grassy River Nature Area. Turtle Creek Casino and local shopping in Alden and Bellaire with many restaurants and a grocery store are just minutes away.
This beautiful spacious four bedroom home has a walk out basement, 3.5 bathrooms, a full kitchen and dining area, one car garage and offers comfortable surroundings for large groups or families. The walk out basement opens up to beautiful view of the 13th hole of the Hawks Eye golf course surrounded by open wooded areas.
The home offers a gas fireplace, air conditioning, full kitchen with microwave, dishwasher, coffeemaker, all cookware, dishes and utensils, wash/dryer, linens and towels for bath and bathrooms, cable TV and DVD, fire pit with firewood provided, and many more homey amenities. House water is supplied by a well.
This non-smoking unit and no pets are allowed.
The Master bedroom has a queen-size bed, master bath with jetted tub and shower. 2nd BR is an open Loft with Queen size bed, bunk beds, full bath with shower. Lower level 3rd & 4th Bedroom include full size beds next to full bath with shower. Living Room and Lower level have queen size pull out sofa beds.
A finished deck is located off the dining room with full set of patio furniture. This deck overlooks the 13th green and Fairway. The homes lower level also includes a refrigerator, microwave, full countertop sink and lounging area.
Area offers numerous activities; golf, skiing, sledding, biking, hiking, snowmobiling, fishing, and boating. Shanty Creek/Schuss Mountain resort is within minutes of the home.
If you have stayed here before, as many of you have. We welcome you back and appreciate your repeat business. For those that are new to us, we welcome you and feel confident you will find your stay very enjoyable. The nearby resorts have made some upgrades to their amenities and this will only add to your satisfaction for choosing this destination. You're close enough to enjoy those improvements but far enough away to remember what privacy feels like. So hurry, as the weekends will fill up fast as people look to escape the daily grind. Book your stay and plan on having a great time. Thank you for your intrest.
My wife, children, their spouses, my first grandchild, and my sister and her significant other all enjoyed the Hawk's Eye home for a family reunion over the fourth of July weekend. It was easy. The home was capacious. It was convenient to all the places we wanted to visit: Traverse City, Bellaire, Central Lake, Eastport, Charlevoix, and Northport.
My wife and I had stayed in the home once before, three years ago.
We particularly liked the soaring windows in the great room, providing a spectacular view of the golf course and surrounding trees, letting in enormous quantities of northern Michigan light. We liked the patio below and the deck above. We liked the seclusion. And we liked how easy the owners made everything.
I have rented this property several times and each time has been wonderful. Winter skiing, summer golfing, and once to get away with the wife. To location is great, very quiet but still close to town, skiing and golf. It has always been clean, (including having the snow freshly plowed in the winter) and the owners very accomadating.
I do not usually write reviews for items I’ve purchased or places I’ve visited, but after visiting the web site for this rental property I’ve rented three times before, and wanting to inquire about availability for a future expected visit to the north country this winter, I must write a review to express my experiences at this vacation home.
I rented this vacation home the past two summers (2010 and 2011) and last winter (2011/12). I most thoroughly enjoyed it for its location, proximity to the golf courses and ski areas, the surrounding woods, the sunrises, the fire pit with supplied firewood for a fire at night, the quiet, and the ambiance of the home itself. I’ve been there by myself, with friends, with my siblings, and with my children, including their children (my beautiful grand kids) and we always have a ball. There has been absolutely nothing wrong with the place, ever. My grand kids have stayed in the loft and downstairs; they love it. The loft is their place. The TV is a very large screen unit and worked well; providing us with some entertainment for the grand kids, but also letting us get away from the world when we wanted to. Yes, there is no internet, but that’s a plus in this day and age; when I’m on vacation – I like being on vacation.
The stove/oven is almost new and very modern and it worked perfectly, with no gas smell. I suppose one not familiar with gas stoves could perhaps incorrectly operate it. There were manuals available in the unit to show correct operation procedures, if you weren’t familiar with the equipment. Also, it appeared to be on a well system and the bath rooms indicated they were on a septic sewerage system. True, the water smelled and tasted like well water. I am sure it is safe water and it was not offensive. For coffee, tea, and plain drinking water however, I purchased those from Glen’s Market in town (very close by, less than 5 miles I believe).
Lastly, this appears to be a family owned rental property, not a professionally managed property like a resort. You pay less, you get more, and sometimes things happen. The owner appears to have tried to assist the previous reviewer to help provide a more enjoyable visit. I think that’s appropriate and not lacking in any way. My advice for people who rent vacation homes in this manner (VRBO): appreciate what you’re getting and deal with a minor lump.
I’m coming back this winter. I’m Jim and I am a very appreciative and thankful guest.
What we really liked:
1. Beautiful setting, quiet relaxing view. We hired photographer Darrell Christie from Bellaire to take a number of family photos around the area with great natural settings.
2. Large windows looking out over golf course.
3. Open floor concept for living-dinning-kitchen.
4. Having 3½ bathrooms to use.
5. The A/C was wonderful on hot days.
6. The master bedroom was very comfortable with a nice deck & large bathroom.
7. The fireplace would no doubt be very nice in the winter
8. Nicely decorated and very welcoming atmosphere.
9. Well equipped kitchen.
10. The use of the nearby resort swimming pool.
11. The fire pit made for a couple nice cool evening outings.
12. Located 35 miles from Traverse City allowed for a nice visit.
What didn’t like so much:
1. Not receiving the keys or signed contract until 3 days before our trip. (began to wonder if we had been scammed)
2. Finding the bathrooms not clean, beds not made, trash not emptied, floors not cleaned or vacuumed, at least 10 full garage bags in the garage (which we removed).
3. Finding the loft bathroom toilet clogged and having to call to ask where the plunger was.
4. The loft “bedroom” has the most beds for a bigger family, but is wide open to the living area, so three small children going to bed early required most lights off & silence with TV on mute or move to the basement or outside. And sunshine came streaming in first thing in the morning.
5. The 2 bedrooms in the basement have unfinished ceilings, therefore sounds travel effortlessly between bedrooms (such as talking, snoring or a crying baby), and when any of the 3 bathrooms upstairs are used, the noise of water through the sewer pipes can be annoying or even wake one up from a sound sleep.
6. The water is hard; smells somewhat like a sulfur-rotten egg combo. If there is a water conditioner system, it doesn’t seem to be working well.
7. The need to catch roaming rodents (camping out behind the TV) was a little disconcerting to some, but we found mouse traps in the garage and managed to kill two of them.
8. A few times, only those who were not allergic to wasp stings ventured out to use the decks. (nest appears to be at the top of front gable)
9. Each time the oven was used the house filled with a strong gas smell.
10. Internet access would have been more beneficial to us than Direct-TV.
Next time, we'll look for something that would better care for our family reunion, allowing them to rest and sleep better.