Welcome to Sanctuary by the Sea in Monterey. This ocean-side jewel nestles against the sand on Del Monte Beach. From your living room and wraparound deck you can view a panorama of pelicans, families of otters, schools of dolphins and vast shoreline views stretching from John Steinbeck’s Cannery Row to Marina!. Use your complementary binoculars to gaze and be entertained by nature’s splendor.
At night look to the southwest as the harbor dresses for dinner in a million twinkling lights. Then experience the northeast, where your senses are soothed by ocean sounds and saltwater smells. Walking at dusk will be one of the most memorable experiences of your visit.
This single-story, corner unit’s closest neighbor is sand and surf. Follow the footpath just outside your door to the beach. You have everything you’ll need: beach chairs, a picnic basket, coolers, umbrellas, blankets and towels. Grab one of the many books or magazines provided to read while basking in the sun.
When it’s time to return to your vacation retreat you’ll see that your home is as special as its location. Decorated in crisp whites and ocean blues, this 900 square foot condominium epitomizes seashore elegance.
The open floor plan is punctuated by a wood-burning fireplace surrounded by a plush pull out queen-sized sofa/bed and chair. A well-equipped kitchen and full-sized appliances made living a breeze. The china and glassware are worthy of entertaining your most discriminating guests. Whimsical artwork dots the walls with inspired reminders to just “be”.
Other amenities include: Unlimited long distance telephone, WIFI, Cable Modem/DSL, Full Cable HD TV with a DVD library, Luxurious linens and towels, A garage to store your bicycles or a small car, Heated Swimming pools and 2 hot tubs.
A bottle of wine from a local vintner and hors d’ oeuvre awaits your arrival. Wind down at the spa on the Plaza in Monterey. On us! And if time permits, use your wine tasting tickets to sample this region’s most exquisite labels at Scheid Tasting lounge on Cannery Row.
Still not sure what to do? In your “Welcome Book” we’ve given you our favorite recommendations and a great supply of information on the Monterey peninsula certain to make your time here the best vacation you’ve ever had.
Sanctuary by the Sea – Monterey resides in the Ocean Harbor House complex. Within five minutes by car you’re at Monterey’s Old Fisherman’s Wharf – site of great restaurants, the Aquarium, Old Town Monterey’s movie theater, shops and places to eat or enjoy live music.
Highway One takes you to Carmel-By-the-Sea, Pebble Beach and Pacific Grove. All 10 minutes away. It’s also the gateway to Big Sur – just 45 minutes away and one of the most scenic drives in the world.
If you’re on foot, follow the footpath nearby called the Regional Beach Trail. It connects the entire Monterey peninsula. That’s over 11 miles from Pacific Grove to the Marina. If you ever imagined taking a 10 mile walk this is the one.
When you need a place to get away from it all…yet be close to everything…Sanctuary by the Sea - Monterey awaits you.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
*1 month minimum rental requirement per city of Monterey and HOA. Winter and Spring may be rented for $2500-$3500 if staying 10- 21 days or less with an exclusive 30 day prorated contract.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are separate from rent.: $200 per stay.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guests
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a 1 story residence.
* Homeowners Association rules apply to all guests. Minimum requirements - please ask. Rates can be prorated On-site parking limited. One designated space available. HOA Rules will be emailed upon request and are in the Welcome Book.