Our four bedroom west coast style lake side chalet is the perfect place to relax and unwind in any season. It has fabulous views of the lake and the mountains and the back lawn fronts on the lakeshore where we have a private dock. It is located on one of the Whistler bus routes or for those who favour a walk it is only 15 minutes away from the town centre. Which has an abundant variety of restaurants and bars to suit anyone's desire. Alta vista is one of the original developments at Whistler, and enjoys excellent access to both lift bases and recreatonal amenities in both summer and winter. Occasionally when the weather aligns alta lake will freeze over and provide excellent skating. There is a also a community recreation centre 10 drive away which has a excellent fitness facility and pool.
Summer Activities: Zip Trekking, lift supported mountain biking, alpine hiking, canoeing, sailing, trail biking and many more.
Winter Activities: Alpine skiing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, trail hiking, lake walks (conditions permitting),
This was a great house at an affordable price. About 10 adult guys stayed comfortably in this 5+ rooms house which has wonderful views of the lake and mountain. The house is about 5-10 minute drive away from the village and its in a nice quiet street. This is not a luxurious home, but I found it to be one of the cheapest options that can comfortably accomodate over 10 adults. Big plus for an onwer that was very easy to deal with.
The overall amount of space was good and while the kitchen, main living and dining room were very nice with little complaint there were significant disappointments:
- Downstairs bed frame broke at the foot end of the bed while two persons were sleeping on it, a 6 month old baby slept in a bassinet at the base of the bed. potentially quite dangerous had the frame fallen towards the baby. The place in which the bed frame broke was held together by a small single screw which appeared to have been from a previous insufficient repair job
- downstairs bedroom had a stained mattress cover on it, there was a heap of sheets above the wardrobe and a towel hanging on the back of the door, there were not enough clean folded pillow cases provided in this room, the reading lights above the bed were not working
- downstairs bathroom had broken cupboards, burnt out light bulbs, a sink stopper that was not working & the broken stopper piece was left on the counter was dirty with black dirt/grime/mildew
- many burnt out light bulbs and/or ceiling light covers with lots of flies/dead bugs
- numerous food items occupying space in the cupboards, fridge, and freezer which limited the space we had available for our things
- wifi did not work
- top bunk in the single bunk bed room was very unstable and unsafe to risk a child’s load therefore a adult & child had to share the single sized bed on the bottom
Downstairs bunk bed room:
-smell of mold and staleness in general & on sheets, stains on the walls
-pillows were stained and smelled of mildew (we texted friend to bring own)
-one of the sliding shower door was broken/stuck and not usable
-Exposed plumbing, hole kicked in back of door, Smoke alarm absent, Holes in ceiling
- main area of the house was decent but the basement and the side suite really need upgrading and serious modifications to validate the amount of money being charged
- big hole in our bedroom door
- dresser had a pair of men’s underwear in the top & drawers were broken and left open
- Black mildew/mold in the upstairs bathroom Shower. window sill had rotten wood, paint and mold in it
- carpets were very dirty, the downstairs floor was covered in black dog hair
- beds were not made Locating the random uncoordinated linens was not easy
- pillows and duvet covers had many stains
- One blanket had no cover smelled of body odour
- random spots of stuff on the walls
- Blinds were disintegrating
- mouse droppings in downstairs
Nice house, good location on lake. Good for a big group (10 or more was comfortable). But beware, even if you leave the house in better shape than you find it, you will likely not get your substantial (> hundreds of $s for 1 week) security deposit back. The "cleaning" cost took the entire deposit, which seems exorbitant.
Our vacation home is located on Alta lake within 15 minutes walking distance of Whistler village. Ideal for winter and summer relaxation. Beautiful views over Alta lake and surrounding mountains.
Winter and summer this property is ideally located to have lots of fun. The cross-country skiing on the lake and around the golf course just up the street is fabulous. The valley trail goes right by the front door so bike riding starts at home. Swimming is excellent from the dock. Sailboats, canoes, windsurfers and kayaks are available for rent just five minutes walk from the house. The Whistler bus service has a stop 100 m from the house enabling you to get to and from town center and the ski lifts by bus if you choose.
This is a family oriented property, not a party house. We have a cleaning service that is available on request if you are planning a longer stay.
Other Activities: shopping, kayaking, boating, parasailing, cross country skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, rock climbing, health spa, racquetball