Blue Door Villa on North Captiva
Submitted: November 6, 2012
Stayed: August 2012
We loved everything about our trip to North Captiva Island and our stay at Blue Door Villa.
• All arrangements were easily made with the help of Annie's instructions and the professionalism of the local travel services and food shopping services. Travel into the area is really relaxed and easy.
• We've been to a lot of beautiful islands – this one is different from all the others. It's small, really small – you can see the Gulf of Mexico and the bay from Blue Door Villa, which is perfectly positioned in the middle of the island.
• There is a lot of beach, with access just a 3-minute from the Villa. That stretch of beach is one of the best on the island. It is perfectly natural and the colors of the water, beach and sky are always shifting and alway amazing. In August 2012, the water temp was 88°· You've probably heard about the shelling on the island and you may think it's an exaggeration. Nope, there are millions of beautiful shells – they are everywhere.
• One of the best, most striking aspects of the island is the total lack of anything ugly or commercial. There are no traditional roads or cars – just beautiful, narrow sandy lanes weaving through lush tropical trees and vegetation. Only electric powered carts are allowed – they are near silent, don't pollute and are fun fun fun to use. Even street signs are low-key – small, wooden, in keeping with the landscape.
• When you are in Blue Door Villa, the view is as though you're in a tree-house – what you see is a canopy of palm trees, with just the tops of beautiful houses peaking through. And beyond you see water on all sides and endless, constantly changing sky.
• Although there are many beautiful homes on the island – Blue Door Villa is unique among them (or anywhere). It is super-modern and built for good living with family and friends. It IS an architectural marvel.
• There are large picture-windows in every room and most of them have sliding doors and balconies. Every view is great.
• The large common area on the third floor, just above the tree canopy, affording stunning views. The roof deck offers even better views.
• All furnishings are top-notch. The kitchen has everything that you'll need.
• The master suite is as nice as most high-end hotels I've stayed at, with a screened in balcony, large walk in changing room and a private bathroom as big as some NY apartments, but nicer! Air conditioning keeps the house a perfect temp.
We loved our vacation!
Helpful votes: 2/3
Did you find this review helpful?